Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Help - sound keeps cutting off on my Cube.

Help - sound keeps cutting off on my Cube.
sMACk
Apr 14, 2001, 12:51 PM

I have a new Cube 500mhz and Yammaha USB speakers attached. While playing iTunes the sound cuts off about every 5-10 minutes, then I have to disconnect and reconnect the speakers but even though the sound comes back, the sound level is really low even though the system sound level is on high, so I click on the sound level and, bang, the sound comes back to loud.

Anyone have this problem? Any solutions? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Lothario
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 14, 2001, 04:16 PM

I too have had problems with the USB sound module that comes with the Cube. But with mine the external 3.5mm jack just took a dive. Haven't called Apple on it yet but hoping that they will replace it. The machine is only 2 mos old.

Grayson
Apr 14, 2001, 10:40 PM

I have a Cube 450 DVD connected to the Monsoon iM700 speakers with a Griffin iMic. My audio cuts out after waking from sleep and sometimes at other times when awake. Pulling the USB cable attatched to the iMic from the hub and then plugging it back in and going to the Sound Control Panel to switch from built in to USB audio output gets the audio working again. I have a bit of a mishmoshed 9.1 system folder right now and am waiting for the OS 9.1 CD from Apple due to a need for the language kits but when I do a restart from another partion containing the Mac OS 9.0.4 that came with the Cube the audio stays fine through sleep and whatever else. Try a clean install to fix the USB audio prob. Good luck...

Forum Links
Forum Rules