Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > making browser page bigger

making browser page bigger
janeway
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 21, 2009, 01:49 AM

A former thread on this was deemed too old, and I had to start a new one. I am new to MACS. THis iMAC is my first. It's sweet, but I am online staring at a browser page within my nice 24" screen that is
probably 8"x7' or something.

Answers to the old questioner, were either click and drag to make the picture larger ( yeah, RIGHT, sorry, no go), or "Why make it bigger?".

Anyone who said you shouldn't make it larger was answering as if someone was trying to make it fill up the whole screen.

Okay. If the resolution is no good for that. Fine. But what if I just want it to be just KIND OF bigger? Can't I make it fill half the screen or something?

Apple is always touted as being so revolutionary, but this is just stupid.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 21, 2009, 02:00 AM

Just enlarge the size of your window... I'm not understanding the problem here?

MacNNUK
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 21, 2009, 02:47 AM

1) Bottom RHS of browser window, drag it to size required. (Where the 3 grey diagonal lines are ///)

2) Green dot top LHS, click on it, depending on step one, to maximise window, or reduce size

iMac Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB 21.5" Monitor 10.8.3.
iMac 17" 2.0ghz Intel Core 2 Duo w 3gb memory (White one) 10.6.8.
Internal 500gb / 8x external HDD's 250GB - 3TB (4x Time Machine)

ghporter
Administrator
Jun 21, 2009, 11:24 AM

Welcome to our forums! And before anyone else does it, I'll correct your spelling. It's "Mac," short for "Macintosh," and it's an "iMac." Some of our users get downright incensed at the way people spell their beloved Macs' names.

Anyway, MacNNUK gave you the instructions you need. The lower right corner of the window has three diagonal lines; click and drag them to resize your browser window. Quick and easy.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

mooblie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 21, 2009, 01:27 PM

If you're using Safari, and maybe you want the window's CONTENTS to be bigger (bigger font, bigger graphics, etc. 'cos it's too small to read) try:
ZoomIn (= cmd+"+") or
ZoomOut (= cmd+"-")
Martin in the Scottish Highlands

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Jun 22, 2009, 03:59 PM

Put these in your bookmarks bar, then select them to resize the active browser window:

Full Screen:
javascript:self.moveTo(0,0);self.resizeTo(screen.a vailWidth,screen.availHeight);

1/2 Screen (Left):
javascript:self.moveTo(0,0);self.resizeTo(screen.a vailWidth/2,screen.availHeight);

1/2 Screen (Right):
javascript:self.moveTo(screen.availWidth/2,0);self.resizeTo(screen.availWidth/2,screen.availHeight);

Forum Links
Forum Rules