Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > How to turn off Bluetooth Serial Port??

How to turn off Bluetooth Serial Port??
nobitacu
Mac Elite
Jan 4, 2004, 07:54 AM

Hello,

I'm having some problem with my Bluetooth Serial Ports. I have 2 ports in my Bluetooth Serial Utility, one is for my Palm T3, the other one is one I made up while trying to get the network to connect with my palm. But now because I have 2 up, I can't sync with my Palm through bluetooth because it keeps on telling me the port is in use. So, I went into the Bluetooth Serial utility again to delete the new port I made, but I can't because it keeps on telling me that a app is using it, and I have to turn off that app that's using it first. I can't figure out what app is using it and how to turn it off so I can delete that port... I even had my bluetooth burned off on my Palm, but still no go. I Unchecked the On/Off option for that port, still says the port is in use. How do I go about finding the app using it and close it and delete this stupid port that is costing me all this problems????

Thanks,

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

selowitch
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2004, 11:39 PM

I'm having a very similar problem. Have you learned anything new on this?

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2004, 07:48 AM

what if you turn off BT on the mac.

Forum Links
Forum Rules