Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > NPR's "This American Life" does the story of the Graphing Calculator!

NPR's "This American Life" does the story of the Graphing Calculator!
f1000
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2005, 11:45 PM

I realize that the story of the Graphing Calculator is now old news, but I thought this TAM episode about it was funny and insightful.

Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

A software writer's job contract ends, but he refuses to go away. He continues to show up at work, sneaking in the door each day and putting in long hours on a project the company cancelled. A student from Pakistan finishes four years of college in Philadelphia and has to decide whether to move back home. He takes a trip to Karachi, where his family tries to convince him how much Pakistan has modernized, and introduces him to a marriageable woman, who shows up in a head-to-foot burqua. And other stories.

Pictured: The badge that Greg Robbins used to get into Apple after his job ended � when he still kept coming to work.

Listen!

http://www.thislife.org/

Forum Links
Forum Rules