Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Can't import Entourage mail into Apple Mail

Can't import Entourage mail into Apple Mail
pete
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2006, 02:50 PM

I'm trying to import my email from Entourage 2004 to Tiger Mail but Mail just freezes after a few emails. I've tried deselecting the first few mailboxes in the import list in case there is something wrong with one of messages, but it still chokes. I've tried dragging mailboxes (mbox) from entourage to the desktop and then importing from there but the same thing happens. I have no idea what is going on....any suggestions?

Thanks

Mac Write
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2006, 05:22 AM

Try compacting and rapairing Entourages DB first by holding down Option when you launch Entourage (it's also a good idea to do that every month or few weeks).
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

pete  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2006, 11:11 PM

Thanks. i tried that but the same thing happens. It seems as though it takes a little longer before it hangs, but it still hangs.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

pete  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2006, 09:11 PM

Anyone with another suggestion? I've tried compacting, repairing the database, extracting the mboxes from the entourage database and trying to import them using the 'other file' option in mail, but nothing seems to work.

I hate being stuck in Entourage with no escape route!

thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules