Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > "shared cache file corrupt" how to fix? Experts give it your best shot

"shared cache file corrupt" how to fix? Experts give it your best shot
tkmd
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 11, 2007, 01:06 PM

I have been scanning in a document and then exporting it Word (X.v). From word I have been "saving as pdf" it works for a couple of files then I get to a word file and try to save- it rings like it saved it to a folder but the pdf is not there! I l searched for it using spotlight but nothing. I checked the console and I get this error

0x0-ox52052].com.microsoft.word [721] dyld: shared cached file is corrupt:/var/db/dyld/dyld_shared_cache_PPC
[0x0-0x53053].com.microsoft.Databasedaemon [723] dyld: shared cached file is corrupt:/var/db/dyld/dyld_shared_cache_PPC

This seems to be the problem, can someone help me delete this so I can finish this work? I tried to restart but the problem still exists..
Pismo 400 | Powerbook 1.5 GHz | MacPro 2.66/6GB/7300GT

tkmd  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 11, 2007, 01:37 PM

OK if found a way to force reset it - the error does not come up on the console, but alas I still cant save the pdf (to be more specific I can save but no file appears!) I even tried trashing the .DS files
Pismo 400 | Powerbook 1.5 GHz | MacPro 2.66/6GB/7300GT

Forum Links
Forum Rules