Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Following The 'OTHER' Peterson Trial?

Following The 'OTHER' Peterson Trial?
iWrite
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2003, 10:34 AM

It's the Michael Peterson trial in North Carolina.

I've been following it because I'm acquainted with him (and think he's a pig) and I believe, 100%, that he is guilty of this crime.

The truth is that this trial is better than anything he's ever had published -- seriously.

It's on cable TV here in the U.S. on the CourtTV channel.

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Sep 3, 2003, 10:45 AM

the only Peterson worth a damn, is Oscar Peterson. i know at least 3 old codgers on this board who will agree with me
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 3, 2003, 11:02 AM

Originally posted by philzilla:
I know at least 3 old codgers on this board who will agree with me
You called?

He likes cheese, btw. Especially a nicely aged cheddar. The man can do no wrong.

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 3, 2003, 11:06 AM

iWrite, any chance you will be called as a witness for this case? In other thread, you said that you encountered him once.

I'm watching the case on CourtTV too. It's very interesting that his previous wife died in the exact same way.

iWrite  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2003, 11:12 AM

Hi Again, Adam:

No, I wouldn't be called as a witness because whether or not he made sexual advances toward me (as he did towards other women and even gay men) is immaterial.

The lady on the stand right now, her sister, I met at a barbecue that was held -- her hair is bleached blonde now (it was brown before).

A thought crossed my mind that perhaps Peterson's son was involved somehow? Maybe broke up the fight between his father and the wife?

Also, did you see that when the sister was up there crying and sobbing about finding her sister's body at the foot of the stairs in the puddle of blood that the camera in the courtroom focused on the son...and he was SLEEPING?

How bizarre is THAT? His aunt is up there crying her heart out about his stepmother's death and he's ASLEEP in the courtroom.

Disgusting.

iWrite  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2003, 11:19 AM

Incidentally, they threw HUGE parties and their parties were always perfect: Great food, guests, and the guests were mostly the epitome of southern hospitality.

I'm hearing that they had serious money problems but you would never have guessed it in a million years.

Incidentally, Michael Peterson tried to get me to go with him on a "beer and wine run" at the party -- asking me about 3 inches from my face and he was touchy-feely everytime he was near me. He was always clearly drunk.

Did you notice his green sports coat with the sky blue tie today? And the red carnation in his lapel yesterday? The guy is not all there, plain and simple.

Besides which, he never sheds a tear. It's like he's an onlooker at the trial for research for a book a la Dominick Dunne.

CREEPY.

hayesk
Sep 3, 2003, 12:11 PM

Originally posted by philzilla:
the only Peterson worth a damn, is Oscar Peterson. i know at least 3 old codgers on this board who will agree with me
Hey, it could have been this guy:

iWrite  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2003, 12:18 PM

LOL!

Great shot!

Good ole Norm, right?

Now THERE was an American philosopher -- loved his takes on life.

"How's life treating you, Norm?"

"Like I just ran over its dog."

Forum Links
Forum Rules