Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Economic prediction

Economic prediction
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 24, 2014, 11:57 AM

Let's see how much I've learned about American politics...

The economy seems to be recovering. When it has recovered to the point that the positive signs are undeniable, I predict that the right wingers will credit the republican congress and senate, and the left wingers will credit Obama and the foundation layed by his administration.

Let's see if I'm right...

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 24, 2014, 12:21 PM

You are wrong in your premise.

There is no real economic recovery.

If you take out the shale oil & gas boom (financed, btw, by cheap money from the Fed), we would have been in a recession.

The $300–$400 billion overall annual economic gain from the oil & gas boom has been greater than the average annual GDP growth of $200–$300 billion in recent yearsβ€”in other words, the economy would have continued in recession if it were not for the unplanned expansion of the oil & gas sector.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...energy-jobs-us

Since oil prices dropped so much, oil & gas is in for a hard landing, making a lot of companies go bust. That in turn will trigger defaults on loans, which will blow up banks.

No recovery to see here, folks. Move along.
I stand by my "prediction" of an economic crash in the next 12-15 months.

Feel free to credit Obama with that

-t

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Dec 25, 2014, 03:28 AM

What is your track record of predictions? If there isn't an economic crash, I still predict that what I said will hold true.

Forum Links
Forum Rules