Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > To all those that send me messages..

To all those that send me messages..
Kevin
Baninated
Sep 27, 2007, 09:32 AM

I would have made this a pvt msg, but I delete all my msgs when I get them.

To all those that have sent me msgs asking me to "Could you do something about or talk to.. (enter name here) since I've been a member here.

If you are having a problem with a member, or a group of members, use the report button if you cannot take up for yourself.

I cannot do anything about bullying or anyone making any personal attacks against you. Only the mods can.

Thats not to say I wont take up for someone that i see being wronged. That just means I am not your personal "bodyguard"

Learn to stick up for yourself, or use the report button, and be descriptive.

Anymore msgs of the like will be ignored.

Mods feel free to lock this thread. As it will surely turn into a flame feast for teh fanboys.

[note] This has nothing to do with anything any mod, or user has said. So don't take out any "get backs" thinking it is. This is something that I personally have came to the conclusion of. I think the mods NOW are capable of handling any situation you may run into. Again, no "retaliation"

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2007, 10:04 AM

Or, other solution: Make Kevin admin

-t

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Sep 27, 2007, 10:53 AM

I wouldn't do it even if they payed me.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2007, 11:15 AM

I, on he other hand, would pay to see that.

(And I don't mean that unkindly. I suspect that Kevin would actually do a good job as a mod.)

Atheist
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2007, 11:21 AM

Wow... how weird. I didn't realize stuff like that goes on. People actually send you PM's to ask for help dealing with people? This is an Internet forum. How can one be "wronged"? Sheesh... tell them to get a life... go outside and embrace the real world.

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Sep 27, 2007, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
Wow... how weird. I didn't realize stuff like that goes on. People actually send you PM's to ask for help dealing with people? This is an Internet forum. How can one be "wronged"? Sheesh... tell them to get a life... go outside and embrace the real world.
Well I guess some people are concerned with the feelings of others. And some could care less. I am not sure you know the extent of it.

JonoMarshall
Senior User
Sep 27, 2007, 12:11 PM

Heh... "The Underbelly of MacNN" by Kevin

I wouldn't buy it, but I'd rent it from the library (on a slow day).

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Sep 27, 2007, 12:16 PM

Wouldn't even be worth writing. Just full of people abusing other people for their own amusement. Only people that are amused by such a thing would want to wallow in it.

I'll let you in on the ending, The Butler Did it because he wouldn't put the guy with the candlestick on ignore!@1

Rumor
Sep 27, 2007, 01:23 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ok, got that out of my system.

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Sep 27, 2007, 01:30 PM

I'd like to be able to laugh about it. But you should have read some of the msgs I got.

Remember, not everyone on this forum has as thick of skin as most of us.

And not everyone on this forum my not have equal IQs. Some people take advantage of that for their own amusement.

You know, how some college frats will let some loser pledge just so they can belittle that person and amuse themselves. In the end, someone's feelings always end up getting hurt.

I'd punish kids for doing this. And would expect adults to know better. To be honest, it hasn't been that bad lately.

But about a year or so ago.. there was a lot of people seriously hurt. Lots of insincere "friendships" going on.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2007, 01:50 PM

kevin, seriously now, could you stop PMing me over and over about every little thing that I post about please? thanks

Alex

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Sep 27, 2007, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
kevin, seriously now, could you stop PMing me over and over about every little thing that I post about please? thanks
LOL brass could you be honest about what I post to you about? And stop blaming me for your wrong doings?

Just because I busted you for lying, doesn't mean you have to take it out on me in the forums.

BTW I haven't been PMing you over and over about every little thing. I told you a zillion times to stop exaggerating.

Kevin

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2007, 02:29 PM

What does your sig mean, Kevin?

Tiresias
Sep 27, 2007, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Well I guess some people are concerned with the feelings of others. And some could care less. I am not sure you know the extent of it.
I don't mean to derail, but that is the most irritating solecism in the English language.

Please, please, note:

USAGE NOTE

Couldn't care less is the correct and logical phrasing, not could care less —e.g.: “The American people could care less [read couldn't care less ] who's White House Chief of Staff.” (George Will, on “This Week with David Brinkley”; July 3, 1994.) If you could care less, you’re saying that you do care some. Invariably, though, writers and speakers who use the phrase mean that they don't care at all. Although some apologists argue that could care less is meant to be sarcastic and not to be taken literally, a more plausible explanation is that the -n't of couldn't has been garbled in sloppy speech and sloppy writing. As American linguist Atcheson L. Hench explains: “A listener has not heard the whole phrase; he has heard a slurred form. Couldn't care has two dental stops practically together, dnt. This is heard only as d and slurring results. The outcome is I c'd care less.” ( American Speech, 159; 1973.) — BG

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Sep 27, 2007, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by peeb View Post
What does your sig mean, Kevin?
Wouldn't that be a better msg type of question peeb? (To not derail) I promise. *I* wont get mad if you msg me.
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I don't mean to derail, but that is the most irritating solecism in the English language.

Please, please, note:
I could care less.

Tiresias
Sep 27, 2007, 02:32 PM

Kevin's gone mad.

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Sep 27, 2007, 02:36 PM

No Tiresias. I realize you are a "new" member here. But there is a long standing "I could care less" joke that has been going around MacNN for years.

So when you see someone in here saying it, don't correct them. They aren't being serious. (well most people anyhow)

Instead of chastising you for not knowing that, I attempted to let you find out on your own.

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2007, 02:40 PM

Wouldn't that be a better msg type of question peeb? (To not derail) I promise. *I* wont get mad if you msg me.
Well, if it were a private thing, I would have PM'd you, but your sig is public, so I thought that any explanation of it might be too. If you don't want to discuss it in public, that's fine, but it seems strange not to want to explain a sig (which is public) in public.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2007, 02:50 PM

And while we're on the subject, could everybody stop PMing me requesting nights of complete bliss? I am only one man, people!
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Tiresias
Sep 27, 2007, 02:59 PM

Instead of chastising you for not knowing that, I attempted to let you find out on your own.
This is not entirely true. You edited your post.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2007, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
And while we're on the subject, could everybody stop PMing me requesting nights of complete bliss? I am only one man, people!

You are fortunate that I have been acting as your buffer.. My mailbox is just *flooded* with PMs from people asking me about the best way into your heart. Individuals claiming to be hot babes too... (don't worry, I told them that you aren't interested in them)

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Sep 27, 2007, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by peeb View Post
Well, if it were a private thing, I would have PM'd you, but your sig is public, so I thought that any explanation of it might be too.
Well if you want to start a thread on it then go ahead. Otherwise it's derailing the topic.
If you don't want to discuss it in public, that's fine, but it seems strange not to want to explain a sig (which is public) in public.
Because again, it has nothing to do with this thread. Create a thread on it if you want to discuss it. Or PM me.
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
This is not entirely true. You edited your post.
Yes I was going to make fun of you for it. Then I decided no, I'll explain it to him instead and changed it.

And I don't feel bad about doing it one bit. (Nor should I)

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2007, 03:36 PM

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2007, 04:04 PM

LOL brass could you be honest about what I post to you about? And stop blaming me for your wrong doings?

Just because I busted you for lying, doesn't mean you have to take it out on me in the forums.

BTW I haven't been PMing you over and over about every little thing. I told you a zillion times to stop exaggerating.

Kevin
people are right about you kevin, you are a jerk. you go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on (point taken?) about stuff that doesn't really matter making threads npt fun to read because you just can't seem to understand that passing a baited hook is okay. yeah it's ironic that i'm not passing by the hook you're dangling, sure i could be relaxing between classes right now, but nope. stop twisting what i say into your own little fantasies about if i meant what i said, or trying to read between lines kevin. what i type is what i mean, no hidden truths. you don't like me bcause besson and i are friends, and you never once started going after me until you realized that he and i are friends, and when i stood up for him as a friend should when you went after him without reason. you might think you re all nice and stuff kevin, but the rudeness and endless banter (i could put many other words) is a serious character flaw that you really need to get rid of kevin. off your high horse i say, and walk. been on these forums for a very long time as a member doesn't give you the right to be a prick to ones that you feel think differently than you. just ignore the hook, and a lot of your problems will go away quickly.

Alex

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2007, 04:13 PM

Hmm, this thread is developing as planned expected.

-t

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2007, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Hmm, this thread is developing as planned expected.

-t

Nice post buddy turtle777!

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 27, 2007, 04:22 PM

people are right about you kevin, you are a jerk. you go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on (point taken?) about stuff that doesn't really matter making threads npt fun to read because you just can't seem to understand that passing a baited hook is okay. yeah it's ironic that i'm not passing by the hook you're dangling, sure i could be relaxing between classes right now, but nope. stop twisting what i say into your own little fantasies about if i meant what i said, or trying to read between lines kevin. what i type is what i mean, no hidden truths. you don't like me bcause besson and i are friends, and you never once started going after me until you realized that he and i are friends, and when i stood up for him as a friend should when you went after him without reason. you might think you re all nice and stuff kevin, but the rudeness and endless banter (i could put many other words) is a serious character flaw that you really need to get rid of kevin. off your high horse i say, and walk. been on these forums for a very long time as a member doesn't give you the right to be a prick to ones that you feel think differently than you. just ignore the hook, and a lot of your problems will go away quickly.

Alex
Ha! I just caught you in a lie! If you were really his friend you'd know he goes by "Besson3c."

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Sep 27, 2007, 04:24 PM

people are right about you kevin, you are a jerk.
Well I have many many more people telling me the opposite. And it just so happens those that call me names of the like, are usually doing so because I've "busted" them for doing something. And has little to do with how I act.
I'm an honest person. One that doesn't like seeing others being belittled or picked on for the sake of their own amusement. If that makes me a Jerk then so be it. Just like the "Bully' that blames the person that "told" on them for them being in trouble. I get called a jerk by these people like you because I stand up to people like you.
you go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on (point taken?) about stuff that doesn't really matter making threads npt fun to read because you just can't seem to understand that passing a baited hook is okay.
1. It takes two to tango.
2. You've replied to every post I've made to you today.
yeah it's ironic that i'm not passing by the hook you're dangling, sure i could be relaxing between classes right now, but nope.
Well at least you can SEE you are being hypocritical.
stop twisting what i say into your own little fantasies about if i meant what i said, or trying to read between lines kevin.
Please show one example of me ever doing this to you brass. (Here is a hint, I haven't.)
what i type is what i mean, no hidden truths.
The stuff I was referring to was you saying things I did not. And you indeed did do that. And still haven't apologized for it.
you don't like me bcause besson and i are friends
Well considering this is the first I have heard that you two were buddies I find that pretty funny. And I don't dislike you. I do however dislike the dishonest way you go about doing things.
and you never once started going after me until you realized that he and i are friends,and when i stood up for him as a friend should when you went after him without reason.
again, first I knew of your friendship. Or I surely wouldn't have sent you that first msg. You are again, making things up. [/quote]
you might think you re all nice and stuff kevin, but the rudeness and endless banter (i could put many other words) is a serious character flaw
Oh I am nice. I'm a very nice person. And the only people like I said that complain about the above, are those that don't seem to be too honest with their conversation, and get mad at people for telling them as much.
off your high horse i say, and walk.
You first. At least I can apologize to people when I say they said something they didn't and they correct me. All you did was blame me.
been on these forums for a very long time as a member doesn't give you the right to be a prick to ones that you feel think differently than you.
Well it's a good thing I am not doing that. As there are plenty of people in here I get along with that feel or think differently than me.
just ignore the hook, and a lot of your problems will go away quickly.
How about those that troll just stop trolling? To get to the root of the problem you get to the source. If it's not me replying, someone else will.

BTW I appreciate and consider you taking up for your friend a honorable thing.

You making up things, and being all out dishonest in your attempt however is not.

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Sep 27, 2007, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Ha! I just caught you in a lie! If you were really his friend you'd know he goes by "Besson3c."
man that actually brought tears to my eyes.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2007, 04:29 PM

I'm on an abbreviated name basis with some people, but people shouldn't assume that it is okay to call me by my abbreviated name just because it is easier, or because they see others doing it.

You, for instance, still have to call me besson3c if you wish to address me. Don't think about complaining either, because I could make things worse and demand something like "supabesson3c" or "extremebesson3c"

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 27, 2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I'm on an abbreviated name basis with some people, but people shouldn't assume that it is okay to call me by my abbreviated name just because it is easier, or because they see others doing it.

You, for instance, still have to call me besson3c if you wish to address me. Don't think about complaining either, because I could make things worse and demand something like "supabesson3c" or "extremebesson3c"
Damn. Just when I thought we'd reached a new level our relationship, Besson3c, you go and kick me down a notch.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Sep 27, 2007, 04:54 PM

And people thought this post was a joke.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2007, 04:56 PM

man
How do you know ?
that
Why not this ?
actually
O'Rly ?
brought
Brough HOW ?
tears
Prove it !
to
Liar ! They came from your eyes !!!
my
Don't be so self-centered !
eyes.
Well, that's highly subjective !
[/seriously]
-t

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2007, 04:56 PM

Damn. Just when I thought we'd reached a new level our relationship, Besson3c, you go and kick me down a notch.

Laminar: I just have one question for you...

1) Do you like me?

If your answer to question #1 is "true", then you may call me besson. I like to be informal around friends. You'll notice that I"m extremely formal with everybody else here. Around them, I wear a suit and tie. Around my friends, I don't wear pants.

The question is: am I wearing pants now?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2007, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
The question is: am I wearing pants now?
I can see a tie, but no pants ?!?!?

What's wrong with you ?

-t

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Sep 27, 2007, 05:05 PM

To quote the person that made that "joke"

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
It wasn't really a burn on Kevin. Hey, I am guilty of the same thing. I find it easier to address certain points of a person's post and removes the confusion as to what point I am addressing.

Consider it a poke at my on posting style as well as Kevin's.

But seriously, the only people that really make a big stink out of it are.

1. People that doesn't like it's effectiveness.
2. People that doesn't like who the poster posting it is.

As I've seen many many many different people in this forum using the same reply style, and yet no one "makes fun" of them for it.

Wonder why.

So what shall we attack people for next? Humps on the back? Limp wrists? Shoes not in style?

Come on, I know we can find something better than "HAHA you post funny"

I know, lets find some kids on welfare. They are always an easy target. And in the end, we all will feel like we are better than they are. It's a win win situation!!

Oh snap! BRB gotta guy that is wearing non-designer jeans that walked by that I need to make fun of.
( Last edited by Kevin; Sep 27, 2007 at 05:11 PM. )

Demonhood
Administrator
Sep 27, 2007, 07:08 PM

i fell asleep halfway thru reading this thread. anything fun happen in it?

thought not.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 30, 2007, 09:58 PM

pants.

Forum Links
Forum Rules