Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > The Death Of The Political Lounge?

The Death Of The Political Lounge?
Kevin
Baninated
Jun 4, 2007, 06:35 AM

I see more and more religious and political threads in the main part of the lounge I can only believe that Maybe MacNN is doing away with the PL.

Threads have been reported that were of political and or religious nature and they never get moved. And now even mods are posting political threads in the lounge.

So what gives? Is it on it's way out?

Cold Warrior
Jun 4, 2007, 08:42 AM

I agree, the boards could tighten up the political-war stuff leaking into the Lounge. The PL has been a good thing for the health of the general Lounge.

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2007, 08:50 AM

This thread (the ultimate God...) is a good example.

Looks to have been in the lounge now for a little while and its strictly a religious thread.

Railroader
Banned
Jun 4, 2007, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by MacosNerd View Post
This thread (the ultimate God...) is a good example.

Looks to have been in the lounge now for a little while and its strictly a religious thread.
You mean it is a "let's mock Christians" thread.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2007, 10:01 AM

DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2007, 10:13 AM

Well they got the two religious threads, but they missed "Congress might tax the internet soon"

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2007, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Well that seems to be the only type of religious threads being posted here.

Demonhood
Administrator
Jun 4, 2007, 12:53 PM

sometimes we miss threads that need to be moved. it happens.
but often, Kevin, you (or someone else) will post in a thread that could become political/religious, with something like "Move to the PL" while the topic is still firmly normal lounge material. that is not helpful.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 4, 2007, 02:46 PM

I think that you guys are making this far more complicated than it has to be.

There is a lot of gray areas in life, it's really not a big deal if we have different reasons for placing a thread in one area as opposed to another. We all know that the Political lounge exists and what its purpose is for. The world doesn't end when you think a thread is misplaced. Both lounge and PL areas are just lounges, after all, designed to help pass time. There will always be subject matter that interests you more than others, and I fail to see why it is a big deal to simply skip over the threads that are unappealing to you.

DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2007, 02:54 PM

The world doesn't end when a thread is misplaced. It becomes a pain in the ass when four are.

I fail to see why it is a big deal to keep this place properly organized.

badidea
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2007, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Demonhood View Post
but often, Kevin, you (or someone else) will post in a thread that could become political/religious, with something like "Move to the PL" while the topic is still firmly normal lounge material. that is not helpful.
...and sometimes the usual suspects post in a thread that is not political at all and never was intended to be...and make it political with their mind farts - the A380 thread for example!
So what...

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 4, 2007, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by DakarĘ’ View Post
The world doesn't end when a thread is misplaced. It becomes a pain in the ass when four are.

I fail to see why it is a big deal to keep this place properly organized.
Who cares? Really... I just don't get it.

DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2007, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I just don't get it.
Then give up and stop complaining about it.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 4, 2007, 04:48 PM

Then give up and stop complaining about it.
I do mostly, and will continue to, but quite frankly this level of anal retentiveness and bickering about this (not directed at you specifically) is far more annoying than the misdirected threads, IMHO.

DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2007, 05:05 PM

If only you could ignore the bickering like you wish us to ignore misplaced threads.

This conversation is like rain on my wedding day.

Railroader
Banned
Jun 4, 2007, 05:06 PM

I do mostly, and will continue to, but quite frankly this level of anal retentiveness and bickering about this (not directed at you specifically) is far more annoying than the misdirected threads, IMHO.
You need to learn how to lounge better. Your going to drive yourself crazy by being so anal retentive.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 4, 2007, 05:31 PM

Yes, I can see how one post in the Feedback forum asking for proper categorization is way more annoying than a flood of posts in the wrong forum.

Wait, no, that's retarded.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 4, 2007, 11:17 PM

It's not this particular thread that I have in mind, but just the general trend of people getting all bent out of shape when a thread occurs in the wrong thread, and debate ensuing.

Whatever, carry on...

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 5, 2007, 06:54 AM

No need to panic... ...it's just Bessie reminding us of how inane and pointless he is.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Jun 5, 2007, 08:23 AM

It's not this particular thread that I have in mind, but just the general trend of people getting all bent out of shape when a thread occurs in the wrong thread, and debate ensuing.

Whatever, carry on...
The debate only occurs when you come in here, duh.

Tiresias
Jun 5, 2007, 08:37 AM

I think Kevin should be made a mod and given a blue uniform with tasselled epaulettes, a shiny plastic Moderator! badge, visored cap, baton and whistle.

That'd be real cute.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 5, 2007, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
No need to panic... ...it's just Bessie reminding us of how inane and pointless he is.
I just hope that Railroader and Kevin follow your example and learn how to ignore me.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 5, 2007, 09:35 AM

The debate only occurs when you come in here, duh.

Perhaps I was being reactionary.

Railroader
Banned
Jun 5, 2007, 11:16 AM

I just hope that Railroader and Kevin follow your example and learn how to ignore me.
You mean realize the pointlessness of pointing out your hypocrisy and lack of respect for others beliefs?

Nah, its kind of fun.

Railroader
Banned
Jun 5, 2007, 11:17 AM

Perhaps I was being reactionary.
By your own line of thinking, that would make you a republican! You are your own worst enemy now! I always sensed a undercurrent of self-hate from you.

Atomic Rooster
Jun 5, 2007, 09:08 PM

Ah, all the regular whining dick-heads.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dick-head

Atomic Rooster
Jun 5, 2007, 09:10 PM

By your own line of thinking, that would make you a republican! You are your own worst enemy now! I always sensed a undercurrent of self-hate from you.
Bigot.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jun 7, 2007, 04:48 AM

Because the feedback forum is so in-your-face, while actually being the appropriate forum for complaints?

Go back to bed.

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Jun 7, 2007, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Demonhood View Post
sometimes we miss threads that need to be moved. it happens.
A lot. Esp recently. Either that or you are just ignoring mine. Even when they are valid.
but often, Kevin, you (or someone else) will post in a thread that could become political/religious,
I surely hope you aren't insinuating that I post political or religious threads in the lounge. You might have me mixed with someone else. And there is someone else that does do this a lot. On purpose no doubt. And this has been brought you your attention many times. So you aren't in the dark about it.
with something like "Move to the PL" while the topic is still firmly normal lounge material. that is not helpful.
No, I usually don't do such a thing till it's been made clear it's no longer lounge material. And lets be honest with ourselves Demon. ANY thread that has to do with religion, lounge or not will turn ugly. What you posted above was a smokescreen.

This isn't something that has just been recently going on. This has been going on for awhile now. And it has only gotten WORSE instead of better. It takes mods LONGER to respond now. Or they don't respond at all.

As a matter of fact, since tooki left this place has went downhill. I hate to say it, love him or hate him, at least he was "on it"

If there are mods/admins or whatever that don't want to/or don't have the time to admin/mod this place then maybe they need to stop down? Let others that do have the time and willingness to do so.
( Last edited by Kevin; Jun 7, 2007 at 07:09 AM. )

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Jun 7, 2007, 06:44 AM

How about the people like say, yourself that purposely posts threads in the wrong place knowing people will complain? If you'd stop this besson, half the problem would go away. And no, I am not exaggerating.
Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Yes, I can see how one post in the Feedback forum asking for proper categorization is way more annoying than a flood of posts in the wrong forum.

Wait, no, that's retarded.
Exactly.
Most people don't get bent out of shape for accidents. It's the turds of this forum that do it on purpose that ruin it for the rest of us.

You constantly post threads that you disguise as non-political to post them in the Lounge to get more attention. Knowing in 3 or 4 posts they become so. Usually by your own doing.

You cannot deny you do this besson. We've all seen the logs to that "other" forum of you planning such silliness.

So my question to you is why? Does it make you feel "superior" to posts things where they don't belong? Or is it a problem with authority? Either way it IS a besson problem. And not those who complain. Because you love to project the "problem" being those who complain about your Jr high antics.
LOL This coming from the man that goes to other forums to get others to gang up on those his dislikes. Really Besson, YOU made this thread about YOU. It's your favorite topic. And you don't play the victim very well.

It wasn't Rail or me that started this silliness. It was besson that started it. And besson that keeps it going. I took almost a 2 week break from here not too long ago when I took a vacation. I came back and saw the same silliness coming from you about me and the rest of the people you constantly make jabs at. I mean you were still going on and on about me, and I wasn't even around.

Maybe if besson doesn't like the way people is treating him, maybe besson should look at himself and ask why. Instead of blaming others.

I tried to make a deal with you long time ago. I said I'd leave you alone if you'd stop this silliness above and stop belittling people. You kept dodging my request.

So either.

1. You don't want to stop acting like an asshat posting things in the wrong forum on purpose and belittling people.

2. You can't stop.
( Last edited by Kevin; Jun 7, 2007 at 07:05 AM. )

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Jun 7, 2007, 06:49 AM

Double Post
( Last edited by Kevin; Jun 7, 2007 at 07:02 AM. )

DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2007, 08:27 AM

I saw you guys ended up having to move five threads in the PL the past few days, so apparently everyone is becoming an idiot.

Rumor
Jun 7, 2007, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
A lot. Esp recently. Either that or you are just ignoring mine. Even when they are valid.

I surely hope you aren't insinuating that I post political or religious threads in the lounge. You might have me mixed with someone else. And there is someone else that does do this a lot. On purpose no doubt. And this has been brought you your attention many times. So you aren't in the dark about it.

No, I usually don't do such a thing till it's been made clear it's no longer lounge material. And lets be honest with ourselves Demon. ANY thread that has to do with religion, lounge or not will turn ugly. What you posted above was a smokescreen.

This isn't something that has just been recently going on. This has been going on for awhile now. And it has only gotten WORSE instead of better. It takes mods LONGER to respond now. Or they don't respond at all.

As a matter of fact, since tooki left this place has went downhill. I hate to say it, love him or hate him, at least he was "on it"

If there are mods/admins or whatever that don't want to/or don't have the time to admin/mod this place then maybe they need to stop down? Let others that do have the time and willingness to do so.
Read the whole thing first. He wasn't insinuating anything. The point was to report it if there is a problem. Don't post "Wrong forum" even if it is, it's not your responsibility, so quit being an armchair mod.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Rumor
Jun 7, 2007, 12:30 PM

How about the people like say, yourself that purposely posts threads in the wrong place knowing people will complain? If you'd stop this besson, half the problem would go away. And no, I am not exaggerating.

Exactly.

Most people don't get bent out of shape for accidents. It's the turds of this forum that do it on purpose that ruin it for the rest of us.

You constantly post threads that you disguise as non-political to post them in the Lounge to get more attention. Knowing in 3 or 4 posts they become so. Usually by your own doing.

You cannot deny you do this besson. We've all seen the logs to that "other" forum of you planning such silliness.

So my question to you is why? Does it make you feel "superior" to posts things where they don't belong? Or is it a problem with authority? Either way it IS a besson problem. And not those who complain. Because you love to project the "problem" being those who complain about your Jr high antics.

LOL This coming from the man that goes to other forums to get others to gang up on those his dislikes. Really Besson, YOU made this thread about YOU. It's your favorite topic. And you don't play the victim very well.

It wasn't Rail or me that started this silliness. It was besson that started it. And besson that keeps it going. I took almost a 2 week break from here not too long ago when I took a vacation. I came back and saw the same silliness coming from you about me and the rest of the people you constantly make jabs at. I mean you were still going on and on about me, and I wasn't even around.

Maybe if besson doesn't like the way people is treating him, maybe besson should look at himself and ask why. Instead of blaming others.

I tried to make a deal with you long time ago. I said I'd leave you alone if you'd stop this silliness above and stop belittling people. You kept dodging my request.

So either.

1. You don't want to stop acting like an asshat posting things in the wrong forum on purpose and belittling people.

2. You can't stop.
What is really worrysome, is that you frequent Besson's forum just to see if "they" are planning on ganging up on you.

DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2007, 12:34 PM

It's mental checkers game between those two.

Rumor
Jun 7, 2007, 12:36 PM

And they're missing pieces.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 7, 2007, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
What is really worrysome, is that you frequent Besson's forum just to see if "they" are planning on ganging up on you.

And that he takes anything written in there seriously in the first place.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 7, 2007, 12:38 PM

King me!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 7, 2007, 02:51 PM

Kevin DEFINITELY needs his own kingdom, uhm, I mean forum.

-t

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 7, 2007, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Kevin DEFINITELY needs his own kingdom, uhm, I mean forum.

-t

I kind of like the sound of "the Anti Hypocrit and Projectionist Kingdom of Zimphire, featuring Zimphire"
( Last edited by besson3c; Jun 7, 2007 at 04:34 PM. )

Railroader
Banned
Jun 8, 2007, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Bigot.
It's unfortunate that you have no clue as to what that word means.

Or were you calling besson a "bigot"? In that, you are 100% correct.

Railroader
Banned
Jun 8, 2007, 11:57 PM

I kind of like the sound of "the Anti Hypocrit and Projectionist Kingdom of Zimphire, featuring Zimphire"
Awww... it's so cute how you keep belittling people...

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jun 9, 2007, 07:36 AM

The PL should have been renamed "red-hot topics sure to enflame, infuriate and enrage with no discernible results save for frustration at the idiocy of any and all posters who did not agree with me on any particular subject even if I later disagreed with my own tenant but kept on to bear bait others into engaging in similarly antagonizing yet useless replies".

But that's me.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Jun 9, 2007, 10:47 AM

The point was to report it if there is a problem. Don't post "Wrong forum" even if it is, it's not your responsibility, so quit being an armchair mod.
That isn't what he is saying at all, and I am not doing that.

You worry about things that don't happen.

Besson's forum buddies or members of his forum send me links to silly threads about me over in my MacNN pvt msg box. Usually annoyed by such chip on the shoulder shenanigans I guess. I've never "frequent" any forum I don't regularly post at.

SO why the baseless accusations Rumor?
And that he takes anything written in there seriously in the first place.
Yes, anytime besson says something really obnoxious or does something stupid it's always a "joke" and people that call him out "Just aren't smart enough to get it, or not cool enough to be in the know"

Or some other pretentious condescending banter. We get it.

Self defense mechanisms are fun!

You plan silly shenanigans over in that forum, then they play out in this one. Then said thread is found showing you planning said schemes out. Yet it's all a joke! And not to be taken seriously! COME ON GUUYYZ!! :/

We are the ones taking things too seriously indeed... we are the ones running a separate forum just to complain about other forum members, and plan "attacks" on them in other forums

Whats that all about really?

I don't think we've ever had an explanation from besson on those incidents.

I am sure it's all a big joke that we all took too seriously or something that's someone else's fault.
( Last edited by Kevin; Jun 9, 2007 at 10:57 AM. )

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 20, 2007, 07:51 PM

Kevin, I would just ignore Besson, it's what I've been doing for something like a year or two. He brings to mind someone who intentionally tries to manipulate members out of boredom, but is too stupid to do so compellingly.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 20, 2007, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
Kevin, I would just ignore Besson, it's what I've been doing for something like a year or two. He brings to mind someone who intentionally tries to manipulate members out of boredom, but is too stupid to do so compellingly.
That is an excellent idea. Kevin should just ignore me, thanks for encouraging him to do so!

At Kerrigan's request, I will also try to be more exciting in here for now on. Right now, I'm juggling three swords while not wearing any pants, but I guess you will not be able to enjoy this entertainment since I'm being ignored, so I'll just continue to work on these swords.

If the others reading this have other ideas how I can single handedly entertain the masses in here, that's what the Feedback lounge is for!

abe
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2007, 12:47 AM

I promise, if you restore my PL privilege, I will keep PL stuff in the PL.

America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2007, 12:57 AM

That is an excellent idea. Kevin should just ignore me, thanks for encouraging him to do so!

At Kerrigan's request, I will also try to be more exciting in here for now on. Right now, I'm juggling three swords while not wearing any pants, but I guess you will not be able to enjoy this entertainment since I'm being ignored, so I'll just continue to work on these swords.

If the others reading this have other ideas how I can single handedly entertain the masses in here, that's what the Feedback lounge is for!

Can you do the Can-Can?

Or that Voodoo that you do somewhat well?
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2007, 12:59 AM

That isn't what he is saying at all, and I am not doing that.

You worry about things that don't happen.

Besson's forum buddies or members of his forum send me links to silly threads about me over in my MacNN pvt msg box. Usually annoyed by such chip on the shoulder shenanigans I guess. I've never "frequent" any forum I don't regularly post at.

SO why the baseless accusations Rumor?

Yes, anytime besson says something really obnoxious or does something stupid it's always a "joke" and people that call him out "Just aren't smart enough to get it, or not cool enough to be in the know"

Or some other pretentious condescending banter. We get it.

Self defense mechanisms are fun!

You plan silly shenanigans over in that forum, then they play out in this one. Then said thread is found showing you planning said schemes out. Yet it's all a joke! And not to be taken seriously! COME ON GUUYYZ!! :/

We are the ones taking things too seriously indeed... we are the ones running a separate forum just to complain about other forum members, and plan "attacks" on them in other forums

Whats that all about really?

I don't think we've ever had an explanation from besson on those incidents.

I am sure it's all a big joke that we all took too seriously or something that's someone else's fault.
Good 2 c u!

abe
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2007, 01:00 AM

Awww... it's so cute how you keep belittling people...
Hey man!

Forum Links
Forum Rules