Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > finally took the iPhone plunge!

finally took the iPhone plunge!
webb3201
Senior User
Jan 28, 2008, 06:40 PM

I held off much longer than I anticipated, but finally took the plunge. I must say this has been a great purchase. This is my favorite piece of Apple technology since my Newton 2100. At this point, the only application I need ported is the e-reader for Mobipocket. I love ebook and have invested a lot into this format.

My question, what are some good net resources for the iphone?
Read my MacWebb column and other great Mac articles at Lowendmac.com

Owner of a MacBook Pro and various other Macs.

harbinger75
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 28, 2008, 06:53 PM

Congratulations on your purchase! I've had one since the day they came out, and it's been the best phone I've ever owned.

You might want to start here: Apple/iPhone WebApps.

That's not, by any means, a complete list, but it's one I've used a time or two. Also, check out Macmost's Games for iPhone...fun stuff for long waits/trips, etc.

Hope this helps!
the geek source
Twitter: @thegeeksource

zilla3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 14, 2008, 09:03 PM

as a new user of an iPhone(lockedw/attservice) is there any way to get like a solitaire or something like that on the thing? i've gone to the iPhone web apps page and it seems that you are using those apps through the data network to use them. do you need to have an unlocked phone to be able to get stand alone games and apps. seems like when sdk apps are released this will not be an issue but i'm just curious about before then? thanks

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Mar 14, 2008, 09:14 PM

It doesn't have to be unlocked, but it does have to be jailbroken. If you can wait until June then you should just do that.

zilla3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 14, 2008, 09:23 PM

thanks for the knowledge!

Forum Links
Forum Rules