Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Unlocked iPhone 1.1.4 Problem

Unlocked iPhone 1.1.4 Problem
anewmans
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 3, 2008, 06:37 PM

I have an unlocked iphone v1.1.2, which yesterday I successfully upgraded to 1.1.4 and unlocked using ziPhone. However now when I receive calls, the phone does not recognize the incoming caller. It shows the correct number, but does not recognize it as someone in my contacts list. The voicemail button also does not work anymore.

I'm with Telstra in Australia.

Can anyone help?

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2008, 08:26 PM

Did you restore to 1.1.4? All of the activate/jailbreak/unlock tools work best after a restore (they might even require it?). I would restore to 1.1.4 in iTunes and then do the unlock with something other than ZiPhone. I prefer iPlus, but apparently iLiberty is also good.

Also, if you did restore (and please don't be offended when I ask this), did you put all of your contacts back onto the phone when you were finished? Restores wipe the phone and start fresh.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2008, 12:02 AM

try the reset on the iphone.

bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 4, 2008, 02:30 PM

I know one thing about Apple... here in america we have a phone number like this:
(505)444-2222.

Now when I get calls on my nokia i sync via isync the calls start with 1+505-444-3333. If I don't have the 1 in the phone number in my phone book, it doesn't show up right.

Make sure that your phone book is synced to the phone then try it.
Backups are like guns and condoms. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

anewmans  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 14, 2008, 08:55 PM

Sorry for my delay in responding, but I lost the link to this forum.

Yes I restored to 1.1.4 and used ZiPhone. I'm only midly offended by the restoring contacts comment, but understand why you suggested it.

Tried the reset but no change.

Tomchu
Mac Elite
Apr 15, 2008, 01:57 AM

There's nothing wrong with your phone, or firmware, or the unlock procedure. Don't waste your time with the reset suggestions. The problem is that the iPhone's number matching isn't fully Australia-aware. There are fixes available:

BabySteps Guide to fix Caller ID in 1.1.3 - MacTalk Forums
Whirlpool: iPhone Information�-�iPhone Unlock Australia :: Unlocking Tips and Guides
iPhone Localisation

Enjoy. :-)

Forum Links
Forum Rules