Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > All hail the AntiCorbyn

All hail the AntiCorbyn
Doc HM
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2017, 02:32 PM

So UK politics rolls on despite it being the summer holidays for everyone at Westminster and as Theresa May continues to lead and inspire in her own special way the rest of her party seem to be realising that their jobs may be on the line here and so the whispers of a new leader seem to have become slightly less hushed and after much thought the Tory party presents...

The 18th Century personified.

A multi millionaire son of a multi millionaire. Hard right, Brexit loving, tax hating, anti benefit, anti society, anti (well anti a lot), who lives in an actual castle with his multi millionaire wife (a castle that he managed to get a £7 million grant to help fix up), calls his children Sixtus and Anunciata and tweets IN LATIN!

Apparently this "Corbyn of the right" will somehow connect with the man in the street tory and swing voter.

I am torn between feeling horrified that this person could be running for PM next time and fascinated to see what happens if and when he does.

or is this him? It's hard to tell.

This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2017, 03:37 PM

I agree, wholeheartedly, he IS the AntiCorbyn, the complete opposite. No doubt.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 17, 2017, 04:44 AM

FYI Annunziata is his sister and he lives in a big listed house that was used as a hospital in WW1. The castle belongs to his father in law I think. Theres also a reasonable chance the £7m grant isn't a true story.

The rest is all about right. He delights in filibustering on obscure subjects. I think he holds a record of some kind.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Forum Links
Forum Rules