Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Triggering

Triggering (Page 3)
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 3, 2016, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
I still can't fathom your "logic" in that. Can't help but think its based on mostly irrational hatred of Hillary.

I can't see a single issue on which Trump would be likely to do better.
She's a blatant, unrepentant criminal, someone who staunchly believes the ends she wants justify practically any means. Her moral foundation is virtually nonexistent and she purposely flouts the rule of law. He's largely just a blowhard asshole with an overdeveloped superiority complex.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 3, 2016, 09:04 PM

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 3, 2016, 10:27 PM

1984, eh?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 3, 2016, 11:26 PM

Full-on. That's some chilling shit, right there.

Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 4, 2016, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
She's a blatant, unrepentant criminal, someone who staunchly believes the ends she wants justify practically any means. Her moral foundation is virtually nonexistent and she purposely flouts the rule of law. He's largely just a blowhard asshole with an overdeveloped superiority complex.
Hes a big time business/con man. If you don't think every word of that applies to him too you're stark raving mad. Throw in the mixture of huge ego, inferiority complex, substantial cowardice and lack of consideration for anyone but himself and he's dangerous. She at least knows what she's doing.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2016, 12:00 PM

26 Controversial Games Pulled From Steam In German Crack Down - TechRaptor

and now Germany is forcing Steam to remove games that are "too violent for German youth" (and adults too, apparently).

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2016, 12:04 PM

Hes a big time business/con man. If you don't think every word of that applies to him too you're stark raving mad. Throw in the mixture of huge ego, inferiority complex, substantial cowardice and lack of consideration for anyone but himself and he's dangerous. She at least knows what she's doing.
She knows what she's doing, alright, she willfully broke over a dozen laws relating to handling of sensitive, top secret material and should (and hopefully will) be prosecuted. If the FBI doesn't formally indict her, the rule of law will be officially dead in the USA.

Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 5, 2016, 10:27 PM

Trump despite relatively unlimited resources and decades to get it under control can't even govern his own hair, yet people think he can run a country?

Its like picking cancer over measles because the measles treatment comes in the wrong colour box.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2016, 11:15 PM

No, it's more like choosing AIDS over ebola.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 6, 2016, 08:25 AM

I don't know why Trump doesn't slick that shit back with some Mega Gel.

I've seen him with his hair back, and it works.

While we're on the subject, let's get it out of the way. They're going to cast Owen Wilson to play him in Trump: The Movie.

Wow.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jun 6, 2016, 08:37 AM

Trump despite relatively unlimited resources and decades to get it under control can't even govern his own hair, yet people think he can run a country?

Its like picking cancer over measles because the measles treatment comes in the wrong colour box.
Shallow and superficial. Typical.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2016, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
I wonder if he is aware of the racism scandal several members of his Labour party(including the leadership) are roiled in currently (and has been for years).

I wonder if they still get his vote.
( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Jun 6, 2016 at 07:50 PM. )

Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 6, 2016, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Trump is shallow and superficial incarnate. I'm betting his appearance matters a lot more to him than it does to me. Even renowned genius Wayne Rooney managed to deal with his receding hairline problem, the fact Trump can't seem to either get over it or make it look half decent is telling.

Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 6, 2016, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye_a View Post
I wonder if he is aware of the racism scandal several members of his Labour party(including the leadership) are roiled in currently (and has been for years).

I wonder if they still get his vote.
Are you referring to the accusations against jeremy Corbyn being an anti-semite?

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2016, 01:01 PM

The whole media and both political party machines are anti Trump. And yet the worst dirt they can put on him is he used Trump U to part some fools from their money. Trump U didn't operate in the shadows, it was blatantly obvious the business he was running as a 'real-estate guru' ( a VERY common business model); unlike all the secret ventures we're finding with Hillary in the Panama papers. The big question is, if what Trump did was so bad why hasn't Hill and the rest protected us from such companies before now? Wasn't that their job? Rather than accept money from all these businesses in the past when it was convinient?

We've got a thread about fluff... Racist against a white judge who he said good things about, but simply mentioned a conflict of interest, ya know La Raza and all that... It's all fluff. The media are trying everything to get us to judge Trump based on the color they paint him. People like Trump because of the immigration issue which the government has blatantly ignored since the 90's if not earlier. And because the corporate machine which has been screwing everyone for decades is against him and pro-Hillary. That alone is reason to vote for him.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 10, 2016, 01:29 PM

Trump is too calm right now, he has something on Hillary that's heavy, a real bombshell, and he's likely waiting until after the convention to drop it.

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2016, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Milo's DePaul visit was awesome:

"Feminism is cancer."
"You said women are cancer!"
"No... wait... what?!?"

I'm convinced this new wave of "intersectionality" is causing mass cognitive dissonance, especially in Millennials.
The irony is american millennials are probably the most privledged group to ever walk the earth. And yet some of the angriest. What does this really teach us about creating a better world for, & spoiling our kids?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Jun 17, 2016, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by el chupacabra View Post
creating a better world for, & spoiling our kids?
The two are mutually exclusive, no?

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Jun 20, 2016, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
The two are mutually exclusive, no?
Not really. Infact I'd venture that almost all cases of "spoiled kids" result from parents "trying to make a better world for their kids" but failing miserably in the "take responsibility for yourself" department.

Forum Links
Forum Rules