Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Sleeve For 17" Powerbook

Sleeve For 17" Powerbook
PJ G4
Forum Regular
Dec 12, 2003, 09:52 AM

I need to purchase a sleeve for my new 17" Powerbook. I have looked at the posts and have decided between the Waterfield and Booq.
Which would be the better choice based on protection and style. Are there any others to consider. Thanks

chessplayer
Dec 13, 2003, 01:25 AM

I just got a Monolith from Tom Bihn for my 17 inch PowerBook and I love it. It offers great protection and looks nice. The downside is that it does not have a shoulder strap so it's mainly useful for carrying in a backpack, and you need a pretty big packpack to fit it too.

I would consider the OrcaSkin too (http://marware.com/SFSleeves.html).

Think carefully about whether you want a shoulder strap and what kind of bag you'll be putting it in.

jgcan
Forum Regular
Dec 14, 2003, 08:32 PM

Originally posted by PJ G4:
I need to purchase a sleeve for my new 17" Powerbook. I have looked at the posts and have decided between the Waterfield and Booq.
Which would be the better choice based on protection and style. Are there any others to consider. Thanks
I have the Booq PowerSleeve17 and it is great, good looking, good protection (I dropped it on the floor, it rolled and finally went flat, not the slightest bump or anything).

You can easily remove the shoulder strap from it if you don't want or need it.

Good price too!

mrfoxxman
Forum Regular
Dec 14, 2003, 09:08 PM

I bought the Booq Bag and returned it after a day, because I didn�t feel the protection was adequate. I finally broke down and bought the Brenthaven Case with removable sleeve as it is definitely "bullet proof."

A good blend of style and protection would bee one of the Acme made bags...but in my opinion, nothing beats a Brenthaven! :-D

[and no I don�t work for Brenthaven]

slider
Mac Elite
Dec 14, 2003, 09:44 PM

I am very pleased with my waterfields design sleeve for my 15" Al. I got the flap and strap and strongly considered the piggy back, but decided I did not need it at this time since I carry it in another bag and could just get it later.

Forum Links
Forum Rules