Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Recomended Books for CSS and Javasript

Recomended Books for CSS and Javasript
yeabil
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2004, 02:49 PM

Hello,

I'm looking for a up to date reference books for both these subjects. I do use the online tutorials but want a hard copy for reference

I have basic knowedge of CSS and am confortable with it, so am looking for somthing more than a beginers guide that can give me more advance techniques so I can develope my skills.

With online web page construction course I took we did touch on Javasript with but it was very bare bone and it only went over programing aspect in an intro way but mainly it was cut and paste, so I'm looking for a good beginers guide.

Thanks

york28
Senior User
Jan 30, 2004, 01:17 AM

I don't know about Javascript, but for CSS books, click the second link in my sig, and scroll down a bit- there are three books listed there that are pretty good.

If you just want a reference for CSS, there's one by Eric Meyer- chcek to see if the second edition is out tho, since the first one is getting old.

Hope that helps.
We need less Democrats and Republicans, and more people that think for themselves.

infinite expanse

barbarian
Senior User
Feb 6, 2004, 12:50 AM

by far the best css book is this one:

Designing with Web Standards by Zeldman. This book is easy to understand, and will make your life much easier if you are a web coder.

mrfoxxman
Forum Regular
Feb 8, 2004, 11:31 PM

Originally posted by barbarian:
by far the best css book is this one:

Designing with Web Standards by Zeldman. This book is easy to understand, and will make your life much easier if you are a web coder.
I agree completely, one of the best books out there!

bigcee64
Banned
Feb 9, 2004, 01:17 PM

My tried and true has always been O'Reilly's Dynamic HTML the Definitive Guide. I also keep the pocket guides in my Laptop bag.

Simon Mundy
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 10, 2004, 04:55 AM

Danny Goodman's 'Javascript & DHTML Cookbook' - very tasty
Computer thez nohhh...

Forum Links
Forum Rules