Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Sockpuppets Revealed! News at 11.

Sockpuppets Revealed! News at 11.
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2017, 01:26 PM

Hey BadKosh, did you know that CTP thinks that you're my sockpuppet?

I guess the secret has finally been exposed. Please entertain us now.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2017, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Hey BadKosh, did you know that CTP thinks that you're my sockpuppet?

I guess the secret has finally been exposed. Please entertain us now.
Has he made that accusation previously? Not sure if he's confused or you're a brilliant troll.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2017, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
Has he made that accusation previously? Not sure if he's confused or you're a brilliant troll.

No, today was his first time saying that, to my knowledge...

Paco500
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2017, 03:07 PM

Well if he thinks you had the dedication and nuance to pull that off for all these years, he must have thought highly of you.

Well done.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 19, 2017, 03:07 PM

He told me in a PM that he was accumulating evidence that BadKosh was the sock puppet of a regular poster, but didn't say who. My favorite thing about the situation is that CTP, of all people, believes BadKosh to be so over the top and ridiculous that it must be a liberal pretending to be a ridiculous conservative.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2017, 03:33 PM

^^^^

Oh now that's rich!

OAW

andi*pandi
Oct 19, 2017, 03:39 PM

The only thing sillier is people pretending to be Ca$h!

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2017, 03:43 PM

I figure CTP will be back within a week. I'm looking forward to hearing his "case" for this.

OAW

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 19, 2017, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
I figure CTP will be back within a week. I'm looking forward to hearing his "case" for this.

OAW
Hate ****ing

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2017, 05:08 PM

Whoever comes up with the post he can't resist responding to should get a prize.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2017, 05:13 PM

So it would appear that way back in Oct. 2012 someone going by raleur basically accused Shaddim (aka CTP) of being a fraud when it came to his so-called fleet of exotic cars. Which does not surprise me because there are many around here ... myself included ... who eventually came to the conclusion that the man is simply full of sh*t about this and his many other delusions of grandeur. Apparently this raleur guy did a little Google Fu on some of the images of exotics cars that Shaddim had been posting and claiming to own, put 2 and 2 together with other publicly available info, and made a pretty convincing case that Shaddim was lying. Naturally Shaddim never addressed any of that directly and proved raleur wrong. He just "clutched his pearls" and played the victim as is his usual M.O. In any event, Shaddim accused raleur of being a sockpuppet for lpkmckenna. And eventually raluer was locked out of Shaddim's car thread by the mods. The entire affair was re-litigated in this thread started by ShortcutToMoncton. Allegations abounded about the true identity of the mysterious raleur who stopped posting about a year after the account was created. In any event ...ShortcutToMoncton, lpkmckenna, and besson3c are all from Canada so perhaps this is where CTP first got it in his head that you may have been been behind a sockpuppet? What BadKosh has to do with any of this is beyond me. All I know is that I'm totally confused. I've only ever used a single handle around here and have always just assumed that every account I've encountered is a different person. Unless that person explicitly said they were using a different account (e.g. Shaddim and CTP). And perhaps that's simply an erroneous assumption on my part? My head is hurting just thinking about this ...

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 19, 2017 at 05:39 PM. )

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 19, 2017, 05:31 PM

This is it, besson. This is the thing that has made me love you.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 19, 2017, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
Naturally Shaddim never addressed any of that directly and proved raleur wrong. He just "clutched his pearls" and played the victim as is his usual M.O.
He also got confused when raleur mentioned Google's Reverse Image Search and claimed that raleur hacked his Gmail account.

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Besson didn't make the thread, he posted this in another thread and the mods broke it off into its own thing.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 19, 2017, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Besson didn't make the thread, he posted this in another thread and the mods broke it off into its own thing.
Not the thread, being Badkosh

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2017, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post

Ha! I'm glad you've finally seen the light... It was all a part of my plan. There is much more where this came from.

Should we hug?

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2017, 06:29 PM

He also got confused when raleur mentioned Google's Reverse Image Search and claimed that raleur hacked his Gmail account.
Yeah I saw that. That's not "hacking" by any stretch of the imagination. And TBH I did the something very similar once with CTP. It was trivially easy with just 10 minutes of Google Fu. I want to say it was in the thread about the Trayvon Martin case where he was claiming to be a "law enforcement officer" who had personal connections to the officers investigating that or some other high profile shooting case. Anyway, it started off with this were besson3c challenged Shaddim about one of his many claims about exotic cars.

I found that rather interesting because I recalled that CTP very often posts pictures from a "Magick72" account on Photobucket. So I wondered what I would find on the interwebs if I just googled the URL for that account? And I got a hit on this account on a tattoo forum of all places.

Which I found particularly interesting because Shaddim/CTP posted the exact same picture and exact same verbiage here when he was bragging about owning exotic animals.

So then I just googled that account name from the tattoo forum and very public info came up for a law enforcement officer in Kentucky. I won't post any of that here. Anyone curious can easily do it on their own. But Shaddim/CTP has always said he was from Tennessee. And suffice it to say the picture of this guy looked NOTHING like the picture that Shaddim/CTP once posted of himself in subego's thread from that same Photobucket account. So that told me that either Shaddim/CTP actually is an LEO from Kentucky ... in which case he's lying about being this super-wealthy dude in Tennessee named Michael ... or he's impersonating aspects of other people's lives on various forums around the interwebs. Personally, I think it's the latter because raleur ... who I've only interacted with once and referenced on another occasion ... essentially showed the same thing independently. Shaddim/CTP accused raleur of "hacking" his email. And he was so shook that I had exposed his deception that he accused me of "doxing" him for posting an image of this Kentucky LEO's very public Facebook profile page ... which he was going to great pains to deny was him ... as contradictory as that was. He even posted a timestamped image of his IP address from a bandwidth testing site to prove he was in Tennessee at that moment! Which I did not doubt. And that only further proved my point. The man is a poser. Plain and simple. And I can assure you that I'm nobody's "sockpuppet" nor do I have one.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 19, 2017 at 07:04 PM. )

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2017, 06:40 PM

Does that mean he is not buddies with a bunch of celebrities?

OAW, I should probably come clean. In the past I pretended I was Tom Hanks. I'm not actually Tom Hanks.

andi*pandi
Oct 19, 2017, 11:06 PM

It's 11. Where's the news?

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2017, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
It's 11. Where's the news?
I'm not Tom Hanks.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2017, 12:00 AM

Seriously though, I would really like to know who Abe's sockpuppet is. I'm pretty sure he has been watching over us, I just feel it in my bones.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2017, 06:28 AM

This type of asshole BS is why I spend lots more time with my audio buddies and steam locomotive buddies than here anymore. Immaturity and stupidity reins here.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2017, 09:50 AM

Okay guys, I admit it. I'm Dakar's sock puppet for when he wants to look smart.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2017, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
This type of asshole BS is why I spend lots more time with my audio buddies and steam locomotive buddies than here anymore. Immaturity and stupidity reins here.
Thats not really any kind of denial...
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2017, 10:01 AM

Could you clarify exactly what you're referring to as "asshole BS"? You're talking about how a hardcore conservative that hates liberals and Obama and loves guns and religion thinks that your posts are so ridiculous and over the top that you have to be a liberal pretending to be a conservative? Because nobody actually holds beliefs that simplistic and one-dimensional? That's the BS, right? Because CTP is the only one actually attacking you right now.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2017, 10:13 AM

not worth my time.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2017, 10:32 AM

BadKosh: I'm truly sorry that you feel defensive and attacked. I have no personal qualms with you, and I'm sure you'd be a cool guy to hang out with in real life, but I also hope you can see from the perspective of others how years of little simple one-liners about 0bama and stuff would come across?

I mean, there have been people here (including myself) that have used this place as an emotional escape-valve in the same way, but this is often off and on. Imagine that, but pretty constant over the course of years.

Cut that out, and there would be much less asshole BS. You'd probably also take flack for your beliefs about global warming which don't seem to make much sense to most of us, but the situation would at least be much better.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 20, 2017, 10:53 AM

Well I can certainly understand being offended when someone accuses you of being a fake account. I understand it a lot more than the crazy accusation, who you're really supposed to be, and who was doing the accusing.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 20, 2017, 10:54 AM

Okay guys, I admit it. I'm Dakar's sock puppet for when he wants to look smart.
I'm pretty sure you're a Russian account registered to seed strife among us.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2017, 01:34 PM

I think it's fair to say that BadKosh's posting style is the polar opposite of my own. Imagine if his account was actually my sock puppet? Or mine was his? That would be some next-level game right there.

OAW

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2017, 02:29 PM

not worth my time.
Well then it's a good thing you had enough to time to let us know it wasn't worth your time. No one here can see right through that one!

Paco500
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2017, 02:30 PM

Well then it's a good thing you had enough to time to let us know it wasn't worth your time. No one here can see right through that one!
I'm not even going to post a response to that.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2017, 02:57 PM

That's it! I'm done posting in this thread! So long, haters!

Forum Links
Forum Rules