Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > DVD to VHS ....how to do it ?

DVD to VHS ....how to do it ?
Woody
May 21, 2002, 09:37 AM

Howdy,
Made a great DVD last night (iDVD) and I wanted to run it to VHS to send off to somebody. Much to my dismay, I was unable to get my VCR to pick up the video signal of the DVD. I've got all the standard "outputs" on the VCR and tried some combo's, but got nothing.
What am I missing here?

I have the Canopus 100 box which allows me to get VHS signal to the Mac via Firwire along with my AudioMedia 100 card. Can I use the Mac for DVD playback to record to VCR? IF so, how do I do that.

So there is my quandry, DVD player to VCR or Mac to VCR. I don't care which way I do it, I just need to get it to "happen".

Thanks in advance

Woody  (op)
May 22, 2002, 07:15 AM

There is a switch on the back of my DVD player to select between red, green & blue output or analog out. I had RGB hooked to my TV and after major screwing around, stupidly flicked the switch and it was fine.

nitram_again
May 22, 2002, 08:11 AM

DOH!
_ _ _ _____________ _ _ _
Martin

Forum Links
Forum Rules