Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > iconewbie

iconewbie
number_six
Sep 29, 2004, 05:53 AM

Hello all,

I have some ideas for making icons. The problem is that I am quite an ass concerning phostoshop and I was wondering if icons can be made with a CAD software ... Of course the problem is that in that kind of software, the textures are limited, .... Well if anyone has a tip, let me know,

Thank you in advance

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 29, 2004, 07:49 AM

Depending on your CAD software, you could use it to create just about any kind of 2D or 3D object, add textures, dropshadows, transparancy, etc.
If possible, export the result so it can be imported in PhotoShop for some pixel finetuning that probably can't be done in CAD apps.

Unlike many CAD apps, I'm sure you'll find PhotoShop manuals on the web. There's the Switchboard to begin with, here's another interesting demo of PhotoShop capabilities.
Our secretary recently came up with a very detailed tutorial on the site of a Belgian photographer. Well, in case you master the language : here it is

number_six  (op)
Sep 29, 2004, 08:14 AM

Originally posted by Gerrit Vanoppen:
Depending on your CAD software, you could use it to create just about any kind of 2D or 3D object, add textures, dropshadows, transparancy, etc.
If possible, export the result so it can be imported in PhotoShop for some pixel finetuning that probably can't be done in CAD apps.

Unlike many CAD apps, I'm sure you'll find PhotoShop manuals on the web. There's the Switchboard to begin with, here's another interesting demo of PhotoShop capabilities.
Our secretary recently came up with a very detailed tutorial on the site of a Belgian photographer. Well, in case you master the language : here it is
Dank je meneer

I have to revise my flemish, but it's okay, I lived in Belgium 25 years, so ... . Thank you very much ... I will see the links you gave me, ...

Forum Links
Forum Rules