Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Best DVI KVM?

Best DVI KVM?
mac freak
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2005, 07:05 PM

Hey folks.
I'm upgrading to a 23" Cinema Display soon. Yay for me! I've worked for it.

Anyway, I'm currently using a Belkin OmniView VGA/USB KVM to share my 17" tube with my Mac and PC. Since the new monitor will be DVI, and both the Mac and PC have DVI ports, I don't want to run my image through like 3 layers of conversion (since the Mac has no VGA port, only an adapter). That can't be good for the picture. What's the best DVI KVM switch out there? (Reasonably priced?). I have to admit I've been somewhat disappointed with the OmniView over the last few years; it causes noticeable ghosting. Is there something better? I know Belkin sells the exact same switch with DVI, but I want to explore other options.

Anyone have any good experiences?

Thanks all!
Be happy.

mac freak  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2005, 07:18 PM

I've found this:
http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=2548
...I suppose I could share USB through my current switch and video through that. Gefen has one with USB, too, but it's $450! What!?
Be happy.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2005, 08:05 PM

DVI-based KVMs all seem to be unnecessarily expensive. One can only expect (or hope) prices to decrease as more and more systems ship with DVI video.

mac freak  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2005, 11:43 PM

Ok, well, that Gefen should work, but here's my question.
It's rated for 1920x1200@60Hz; on a CRT, 60Hz hurts like hell. Does it not make any difference whatsoever on an LCD, since it works completely differently? Or is there still pain to be felt?
Be happy.

surferboy
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2005, 02:31 PM

OK, I'd love for more folks to weigh in on the KVM with DVI issue. I am eyeing a new G5 (whenever they come out). I have a 23" new display with a PC hooked up to it (Yes, it makes me feel dirty). When I get the G5, I plan to use a KVM to hook the G5 and the PC up to the same 23" display. I have browsed around a little. Geffen has a switch, but it's very expensive, and I have not heard many reviews on it.

Let's hear some more reviews or experiences with KVM's with DVI that will support the 23" screen! I'd love to hear more about what other's have seen, heard or experienced.

Thanks.

MichiganRich
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 5, 2005, 03:35 PM

I think that the number of people who can write reviews on them is limited by their cost. I was scoping for one too until I realized that the DVI switches are ALL very expensive, and therefore not many of us common folk are buying them for home use.... yet. When the KVM switches are all $300 or more, a new 20" Dell LCD isn't that far away!... :-)

shainadir
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2005, 12:39 AM

Linkskey has a new dvi usb kvm that is now available at newegg http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...107-220&depa=0
for $149 cables included. I ordered the same one off of ebay a couple of days when newegg didnt have them in stock (figures they would have them in after I had already ordered). Mine should be coming in the next day or two. Belkin also has a new dvi usb kvm under $200 but it doesnt include the cables and has gotten bad reviews.

I will be using it to hook up my new mini (should also arrive in a day or two) to my 20" ACD that I currently use with my Dell desktop.
Do or Do Not... There is No Try.

Notebook: Apple Powerbook G4, 1.5ghz, 1gb ram, 80 gb hdd, Ati 9700 64mb , 15.2 wxga.

Desktop: Dell Dimension 8400, 3.2 Ghz P4, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvdia Geforce 6800 GTO, 20" Apple Cinema Display :)

Mac Mini: 1.42ghz, 512 mb ram, 80 gb hdd, Linkskey DVI USB KVM to tie everything together.

mac freak  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2005, 01:02 AM

That's cool, but it only supports up to 1600x1200
Be happy.

Dougmc
Forum Regular
Mar 10, 2005, 10:53 AM

I'm using the IOGear MiniView ADC 2-port KVM switch. It's worked quite well for me. I'm using it on a G5 and a G4 Server with the typical USB devices and a 20" Cinema Display running at 1680 x 1050.

http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GCS602

EDIT: Upon closer review I read this on the IOGear link from above: "* This unit does not support high definition display, such as Apple�s 23" ADC display."

Sorry
17" PowerBook (delivered 4/2/2003) | www.mcschooler.com

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2005, 11:07 AM

I'm in the market for a DVI KVM also. I found this site, which seems to have quite a few different models available. The Aten 2-Port looks promising. Anyone ever hear of it?

David Thompson
Mar 10, 2005, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by JHromadka:
I'm in the market for a DVI KVM also. I found this site, which seems to have quite a few different models available. The Aten 2-Port looks promising. Anyone ever hear of it?
I bought the Addlogix unit from these people and was very satisfied with their service and am happy with the product. The price on the Aten unit sounds attractive!

Boochie
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2005, 08:00 PM

I have the KVM at the top of this page:

http://www.addlogix.com/peripheral_s..._adc_body.html

Works like a charm, and it switches audio too.

mac freak  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2005, 08:15 PM

Works like a charm with your 1920x1200 23" Cinema?
Be happy.

nafai23
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2005, 09:02 AM

is it a requirement for all these boxes to look like a 30 year old 8 track tape deck?

mac freak  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2005, 09:04 AM

Originally posted by nafai23:
is it a requirement for all these boxes to look like a 30 year old 8 track tape deck?
(seriously!) (at least mine'll stay under the desk atop the PC, whenever I end up actually buying one)
Be happy.

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Mar 12, 2005, 12:33 AM

Originally posted by Boochie:
I have the KVM at the top of this page:

http://www.addlogix.com/peripheral_s..._adc_body.html

Works like a charm, and it switches audio too.
Can you take some front & back pics of it? The ones on the company's site aren't really great. Is it really that big or are they just stacking two units front & back?

I wonder why it's so much more expensive than this one?

shainadir
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2005, 04:47 AM

Well my Linkskey DVI KVM switch arrived today and it was a breeze to hook up and switching between the mac mini and pc is as simple as pushing a button. There are no deteriation in video and sound from both the mac mini and pc when hooked up to the KVM switch. I do however, have a problem in connecting my keyboard and mouse. While the mini recognized both right away, I couldn't get the pc to accept either. Maybe it's because they are both wireless. Until I can get it resolved, I will be using 2 keyboards and 2 mice. Its not that big of a deal because I primarily bought the KVM so that I could use the mini on my ACD without having to unplug from my pc but nevertheless, it is a little annoying.
Do or Do Not... There is No Try.

Notebook: Apple Powerbook G4, 1.5ghz, 1gb ram, 80 gb hdd, Ati 9700 64mb , 15.2 wxga.

Desktop: Dell Dimension 8400, 3.2 Ghz P4, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvdia Geforce 6800 GTO, 20" Apple Cinema Display :)

Mac Mini: 1.42ghz, 512 mb ram, 80 gb hdd, Linkskey DVI USB KVM to tie everything together.

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2005, 10:37 AM

For those complaining about issues with Belkin KVMs, you may find this O'Reilly blog interesting. Seems that The Belkin KVM doesn't work out of the box with Apple's keyboards.

JHromadka
Mac Elite
May 23, 2005, 11:35 PM

FYI, IOGEAR now has a new 2-port ($250) and 4-port ($350) DVI KVM available.

mac freak  (op)
Mac Elite
May 23, 2005, 11:46 PM

I ended up getting the addlogix. Works phenomenally.
Be happy.

zwiebel_
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 3, 2005, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by JHromadka
FYI, IOGEAR now has a new 2-port ($250) and 4-port ($350) DVI KVM available.
UPDATE:
Get the Iogear switch here for $150. In regards to Iogear, they seem to license Aten's stuff, re-package it, slap their logo on it an re-sell it. I have an old Iogear VGA/USB kvm that served me well for over two years.

mac freak  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 3, 2005, 05:52 PM

The IOGear does not support 1920x1200, but I guess it's still a welcome price reduction for folks of smaller monitorage
Be happy.

zwiebel_
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 3, 2005, 06:17 PM

There is no kvm (that I know of) that will support the 23" cinema (ADC) at full resolution. That is the dilema I am in right now. I have this 23" ADC beauty but need to shell out another $150 DVI KVM (Iogear) and between $50-$100 for a DVI to ADC adapter. And even after that, the highest resolution a DVI KVM supports is ~1600x1200 (if you're lucky and do a voodoo dance).

I read a post on Apple's message board where someone used the Linkskey (LDV-202AUSK, 2-port DVI USB KVM Switch) with his aluminum 23" cinema and got full resolution out of it.

mac freak  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2005, 12:18 AM

The addlogix works just fine with my 23" CHD (at 1920x1200). Looks identical to a direct connection. It even has a firewire switch.
Be happy.

maggie11_6
Baninated
Jun 5, 2005, 10:11 PM

sony ,i think

Addlogix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 9, 2005, 01:51 PM

Hi all! I work for Addloix, just here to confirm that our new DVI KVM does support 1920x1200 resolution, and also switches USB, FIREWIRE, AND AUDIO. The other cool feature is that the usb, firewire, and audio can be independently switched.

Any Questions call......800-344-6921 Extension 101

zwiebel_
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 9, 2005, 01:53 PM

Hehe, just wanted to post a link to the new DVI 2G KVM for anyone interested (I am, for sure).
http://www.addlogix.com/kvms/embed.a...mdvu_body.html

Addlogix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 9, 2005, 01:58 PM

Just some insider news for those interested in our KVM. The KVM-201DVU-2AC which is our USB only version has shipped to a number of online retailers as of yesterday. My prefered retailer is PC Mall/Mac Mall. This will be the ONLY batch of USB only switches so if you do not need the FireWire feature and want to save some money now is the time to buy the USB only version.

And thanks for posting that zwiebel!

AIM: asianpcgamer

Addlogix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 9, 2005, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by David Thompson
I bought the Addlogix unit from these people and was very satisfied with their service and am happy with the product. The price on the Aten unit sounds attractive!
Do not buy the Aten unit.....Trust me!

zwiebel_
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 9, 2005, 02:49 PM

Good to know.
However, macmall sells the KVM-201DVU-2AC (USB + Audio, w/cables) for $300
http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/...pno~555243.asp

as opposed to Onsale.com, which lists the same unit, albeit no cables, for $215.
http://www.onsale.com/onsale/shop/de...pno~555241.asp

Yet, another place to get it, lists the KVM-201DVU-2AF (USB + Audio + FW, but no cables) for $239.
http://newsite.pagecomputers.com/sto...ct%5Fid=759398

Decisions, decisions...

Addlogix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 9, 2005, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by zwiebel_
Good to know.
However, macmall sells the KVM-201DVU-2AC (USB + Audio, w/cables) for $300
http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/...pno~555243.asp

as opposed to Onsale.com, which lists the same unit, albeit no cables, for $215.
http://www.onsale.com/onsale/shop/de...pno~555241.asp

Yet, another place to get it, lists the KVM-201DVU-2AF (USB + Audio + FW, but no cables) for $239.
http://newsite.pagecomputers.com/sto...ct%5Fid=759398

Decisions, decisions...
Here's the funny thing, onsale and pc mall are the same company. Take a look at the URL you will see a 6 digit number towards the end. This is the internal part number for pcmall.

punch those in in the search field on each site, you'll see in fact it's the same product. now the difference on the onsale part which is 555241 is that this part # does not include cables. 555243 does include cable.

Now discount pricing is available. Just contact me to find out. email is: [email protected] or aim: asianpcgamer

zwiebel_
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 1, 2005, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Addlogix
Hi all! I work for Addloix, just here to confirm that our new DVI KVM does support 1920x1200 resolution, and also switches USB, FIREWIRE, AND AUDIO. The other cool feature is that the usb, firewire, and audio can be independently switched.

Any Questions call......800-344-6921 Extension 101
A quick note in regards to this new DVI KVM:
Per Addlogix's tech support, this switch does not work with the 23" ADC display (using the Apple DVI to ADC converter). They claim it is a hardware problem with the G5 video cards. Any Apple display with native DVI will, however, work right they said.

Stephen-I-Am
Jul 21, 2005, 11:40 PM

I'd like to relate a less than stellar experience I had with a LINKSKEY LDV-202AUSK. The first time I bought it from NewEgg the second port wouldn't work and the unit was hot to the touch. After sending it back, I got a second unit which worked for a while (the eject key on the mac keyboard wouldn't work though -- had to use the 'drutil' command), but now has stopped working again on the second port.

I will not get a LinksKey again.

Stephen

Addlogix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 2, 2005, 01:11 PM

For those that have purchased the Addlogix DVI 2G KVM and have had USB connectivity issues.....Our engineers were able to reproduce the issue and have discovered the Phillips USB hub IC was over heating. The issue has been addressed and fixed. For those who have this problem can contact me for replacement. 800-344-6921 x101

Mike
Addlogix

Stephen-I-Am
Aug 2, 2005, 10:39 PM

Mike, I have an addlogix dvi 2g now. I have a logitech mouse (mx510) plugged into an apple keyboard for a dual 1.8, and the keyboard usb plugged into the keyboard port of the addlogix.

The CD eject key on the keyboard doesn't work when connected to the switch but does work when connected directly to the mac. Is this a known issue and is there a fix? My workaround is the 'drutil' command from the command line.

Stephen

MikeD
Mac Elite
Aug 2, 2005, 11:18 PM

Has anyone tried this from Dr. Bott?

Moniswitch Pro DVI?

It claims to handle the resolution of a 23"

Features

* Active digital circuitry refreshes the video signal and prevents interference
* Soft switching makes the video image appear without delay
* 4 DVI SL and USB cables included (2 m)
* The optional ADC-DVI adapter DVI Extractor II allows the inclusion of systems with ADC video cards
* Includes power supply and all cables
* No drivers required, hence fully compatible with all operating systems that support USB and DVI
* Tested with Windows 98/2k/XP, Mac OS 9/X and Linux
* MoniSwitch Pro DVI SL is NOT compatible with the 30" Apple display

Dr. Bott's MoniSwitch Pro DVI allows up to four (4) computers with digital video output to share a digital flat panel display or LCD-TV with DVI input. Since its inauguration 10 years ago, the MoniSwitch KVM product line has been setting standards in robust quality, trivial ease of use and complication-free compatibility.

MoniSwitch Pro DVI improves on the MoniSwitch Pro ADC, and is also the first true 4-port DVI KVM to flawlessly work at a resolution of 1920x1200.

Connections: MoniSwitch Pro DVI features the DVI and USB connectors on all ports. MoniSwitch Pro DVI does not limit the possible resolutions of a connected monitor in any way.

Cabling: For your convenience, the MoniSwitch Pro DVI comes with all the DVI and USB cables needed to make your set-up work out of the box. We have taken special care to choose the highest quality video cable available, matching the excruciating demands of high-end displays from Apple Computer.

NOTE: MoniSwitch Pro DVI handles switching in the same way you would disconnect cables from one computer and reconnect them to the next computer - just a lot more comfortable!

Thousands of MoniSwitch users have come to rely upon the ease of use, the universal compatibility and legendary robustness since the original MoniSwitch first shipped in late 1995.

Space Saving: MoniSwitch Pro DVI allows you to share one monitor, keyboard and mouse between up to four computers, so you can reduce desk clutter and eliminate the "wrong mouse" issue.

Money Saving: MoniSwitch products allow you to leverage your monitor investment to get the most value out of your display. When compared with purchasing four seperate displays the MoniSwitch can save you a lot of money indeed!

Time Saving: MoniSwitch Pro DVI switches fast. The image comes up instantaneously. The mouse follows a moment later - you probably took longer to read this sentence.

Configurations: MoniSwitch Pro DVI can be used with Macs or PCs, also in mixed configuration. The only requirement is a compatible DVI graphics card.

Computers with ADC graphics cards can be included in a MoniSwitch Pro DVI setup with a DVI Extractor II adapter from ADC to DVI.

Typical Uses: People have found many different applications for MoniSwitch. Some of the more common include those who are required to use both a Mac and PC - webmasters around the world speed their testing this way. MoniSwitch is also used in server rooms where each computer may only need to be accessed briefly during the day. Finally, MoniSwitch makes its appearance in show rooms and trade shows, where multiple setups can be demonstrated at the flick of a switch.br>
MoniSwitch reduces the risk of confusion and error that increases when using multiple keyboards, mice and monitors. Obviously, MoniSwitch will save space and will allow redeployment of existing equipment or will save the cost of new equipment in such environments.

Compatibility: MoniSwitch Pro DVI was tested with the 15" Apple Studio Display (DVI) and the 20" and 23" Apple ADC Cinema Displays (DVI) as well as select Formac displays with a DVI connector and many other digital DVI displays.

MoniSwitch Pro DVI SL in NOT compatible with the 30" Apple Cinema Display.
LCD-TVs with DVI-D or DVI-I connectors work well, too. ADC displays are also compatible when used with a DVIator.

All computers with DVI ports, such as the Power Macintosh G4 with AGP Graphics, all Power Macintosh G5 models and all PowerBooks with DVI ports are compatible. Intel based PCs are also supported when used with a compatible video card with a digital DVI port. ADC graphics cards can also be used but require an optional DVI Extractor II (not included).

Hope this helps... I too am looking for a good KVM at the right price - I wish they had a cheaper 2 port version!!

Mike
2009 MacMini 2.0 C2D 4GB (3,1) - Needs update!
11" MBA (2010 1.6GHz C2D)
iPhone 4 / iPad!
Hooked on Apple since the IIGS

Addlogix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 5, 2005, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stephen-I-Am
Mike, I have an addlogix dvi 2g now. I have a logitech mouse (mx510) plugged into an apple keyboard for a dual 1.8, and the keyboard usb plugged into the keyboard port of the addlogix.

The CD eject key on the keyboard doesn't work when connected to the switch but does work when connected directly to the mac. Is this a known issue and is there a fix? My workaround is the 'drutil' command from the command line.

Stephen

Yes i believe this is a known issue which has a firmware fix. Call 800-344-6921 and ext. 116 for Minh to further assist you.

madman7th
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2005, 11:46 AM

The Linkskey 4-port/2-port KVM (DVI with usb only and audio) switches have display and USB issues. i would pass that.

The IOGEAR apparently has problems with nForce chip boards. I tried that and returned that.

The avocent seems to be using the same product as the Linkskey except it's $100 more. I don't think I'm going with that one.

I'm running out of options for a KVM (4-port DVI KVM switch with USB and audio).

Addlogix: Hey does that 2-port KVM switch emulate the keyboard and mouse when run on a PC? Where's the 4-port model

Rogs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2005, 01:20 PM

Mike from Addlogix:

Thanks for posting on the forum. I've been keeping an eye on the DVI KVM market for a while now (where a solultion always seems to be just around the corner) and it's hard to find out what will work with what and how well.

Can you confirm that the 2-port DVI switch won't work with the 23" ADC Cinema via Apple's (or another maker's) DVI->ADC converter, as zwiebel_ mentioned? If so, do you expect this to get fixed soon?

Also, what is the keyboard switching sequence for the DVI KVM?

Is a 4-port model in the works?

Thanks!
Rogs

zwiebel_
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 18, 2005, 04:51 PM

Just a FYI for DVI KVM buyers:

Gefen just added this DVI/USB/Audio switch to their lineup, for $200. Looks like a good deal to me, considering that their products have been quite good, judging from users opinions on Apple's support boards.

cur8or
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 19, 2005, 03:50 PM

I'm trying to decide between this Addlogix and this Gefen switches, to share my Dell 2405 display between a PC and mac mini. Addlogix switch seems to have independent peripheral switching and firewire, which Gefen doesn't have. Gefen one has remote control and definitely works with mac mini. Both support 1920x1200 and USB2.

Has anyone tried either/both of these solutions? I was inclined toward Addlogix, but I can't find anyone who has them in stock for about a month, so I'm not sure it's worth the wait...

danbrew
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 19, 2005, 09:08 PM

Anybody know if a KVM exists for the 30" display? Would like to use the 30" display on multiple computers.

thx

cur8or
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 19, 2005, 09:27 PM

I believe this one should work - dual link DVI, 3840x2400 and USB2. Given that you have one of the graphic cards listed here

Originally Posted by danbrew
Anybody know if a KVM exists for the 30" display? Would like to use the 30" display on multiple computers.

thx

typ993
Aug 20, 2005, 01:15 AM

How about the new Gefen DVI KVM for $199? About the only thing I don't like is that the DVI and USB outputs are on the FRONT of the unit (vs. the back like every other Gefen switch and oh, about every other KVM out there).

BasiaMille
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2005, 10:11 PM

Hi,

I'm a tech consultant here in Southern California, and I have a client with a Quicksilver G4, a third-party ADC card, a 23" Cinema HD Display, and a 17" Powerbook G4. I am looking for a switch that will allow the Desktop and Laptop computers to share the display. Sound would be nice, but not as critical.

So far, the only device I have found is Addlogix' ADCDVI-ADC-AB hybrid KVM, which allows one input from DVI and another from ADC, both output to ADC. This looks ideal, because I'd hate to have to throw down $100 for a DVI-ADC adapter box which may or may not be compatible with the switcher.

Gefen apparently builds their switches to order, but in any case, I'm trying to find whichever box I get at b&m here in SoCal. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Craig Sherman
Consultant
At Home With Technology

Addlogix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2005, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by danbrew

thx

Hi,

Our next generation DVI KVM will support 30" display. Look for it by December. Here is our website..... www.addlogix.com

Check in every so often or continue to view this thread for my update.

Mike

Addlogix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2005, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by BasiaMille
Hi,

I'm a tech consultant here in Southern California, and I have a client with a Quicksilver G4, a third-party ADC card, a 23" Cinema HD Display, and a 17" Powerbook G4. I am looking for a switch that will allow the Desktop and Laptop computers to share the display. Sound would be nice, but not as critical.

So far, the only device I have found is Addlogix' ADCDVI-ADC-AB hybrid KVM, which allows one input from DVI and another from ADC, both output to ADC. This looks ideal, because I'd hate to have to throw down $100 for a DVI-ADC adapter box which may or may not be compatible with the switcher.

Gefen apparently builds their switches to order, but in any case, I'm trying to find whichever box I get at b&m here in SoCal. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Craig Sherman
Consultant
At Home With Technology

Hi,

Im Mike from Addlogix. You chose correctly =) It can be purchased from PC Mall. 800-555-6255 x4939. Ask for Leo, he'll hook u up.

Addlogix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2005, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by cur8or
I'm trying to decide between this Addlogix and this Gefen switches, to share my Dell 2405 display between a PC and mac mini. Addlogix switch seems to have independent peripheral switching and firewire, which Gefen doesn't have. Gefen one has remote control and definitely works with mac mini. Both support 1920x1200 and USB2.

Has anyone tried either/both of these solutions? I was inclined toward Addlogix, but I can't find anyone who has them in stock for about a month, so I'm not sure it's worth the wait...
Addlogix!

We also have firewire!!!

Addlogix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2005, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rogs
Mike from Addlogix:

Thanks for posting on the forum. I've been keeping an eye on the DVI KVM market for a while now (where a solultion always seems to be just around the corner) and it's hard to find out what will work with what and how well.

Can you confirm that the 2-port DVI switch won't work with the 23" ADC Cinema via Apple's (or another maker's) DVI->ADC converter, as zwiebel_ mentioned? If so, do you expect this to get fixed soon?

Also, what is the keyboard switching sequence for the DVI KVM?

Is a 4-port model in the works?

Thanks!
Rogs
Hi,

Yes I can confirm that our new DVI KVM will not work with a DVI-ADC adapter. However our older unit will which is our part # KVM-201DVU. I think there is one available at www.etech4sale.com for I just shipped them my last one a couple days ago.

Mike

Addlogix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2005, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by madman7th
The Linkskey 4-port/2-port KVM (DVI with usb only and audio) switches have display and USB issues. i would pass that.

The IOGEAR apparently has problems with nForce chip boards. I tried that and returned that.

The avocent seems to be using the same product as the Linkskey except it's $100 more. I don't think I'm going with that one.

I'm running out of options for a KVM (4-port DVI KVM switch with USB and audio).

Addlogix: Hey does that 2-port KVM switch emulate the keyboard and mouse when run on a PC? Where's the 4-port model

Hi,

Man I just realized it's been awhile since i've checked this thread. lol. Yes our KVM does keyboard and mouse emulation. No, 4 port model however we have OEM'd a 4 port model for Avocent.

Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules