Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > UFO's 'n Stuff

UFO's 'n Stuff (Page 3)
Thread Tools
BlueSky
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ------>
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 28, 2007, 02:05 PM
 
Originally Posted by Aron Peterson View Post
If aliens landed in France the French would be saying "This isn't fair. This isn't right. We are the best. We are so great."
Conventional wisdom would indicate that if aliens landed in France, the French would say "We surrender!"
     
centerchannel68
Baninated
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 28, 2007, 10:55 PM
 
Originally Posted by drnkn_stylz View Post
I think a lot of the non belief comes from the fact that if Aliens are vastly more intelligent than us, then we could not fathom their potential or accomplishments.

We as a species cannot even travel to the planets in our solar system, let alone another galaxy. How the hell are we supposed to understand humanoid travel in light years? If we can't figure it out, then it must not be true. Its impossible. The ignorance of man.
If they had that technology, and they're that advanced, it's pretty safe to say they wouldn't ****ing crash in the first place.
     
brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 28, 2007, 11:45 PM
 
****in hell rob. broken record syndrome can be curred now....mostly


alex
     
smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Across from the wallpaper store.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 02:55 AM
 
Aron, Rob…you guys are funny. The argument that UFO's couldn't crash is just hilarious. Where do you get this crap? You just make up stuff. I especially like the part where you pretend to know the motivations and philosophies of a being that you don't even know exists.

I only hope that someday that humans get to the point where our equipment is infallible, and "human error" is a thing of the past. LOL

Me, I am pretty neutral on the whole thing. Show me the hard proof either way and we'll talk.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.
     
centerchannel68
Baninated
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 11:53 AM
 
Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
Aron, Rob…you guys are funny. The argument that UFO's couldn't crash is just hilarious. Where do you get this crap? You just make up stuff. I especially like the part where you pretend to know the motivations and philosophies of a being that you don't even know exists.

I only hope that someday that humans get to the point where our equipment is infallible, and "human error" is a thing of the past. LOL

Me, I am pretty neutral on the whole thing. Show me the hard proof either way and we'll talk.
When do I talk about motivations or philosophies? All I'm saying if their freakin technology is SOOOOO far ahead of ours they wouldn't plow into the ground.
     
brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 12:22 PM
 
one: he's talking to the both of you in generalization, meaning, instead of saying rob: yadda. aoron: yadda yadda

he's putting both of the subjects you two brought up and putting them together.


two: Rob. accidents ****in happen man. remember that time you forgot to tighten a bolt or something in your engine and it popped out. i think you started a thread about that. so what if their technology is light years ahead of ours. accidents are accidents and they happen.


(sorry for the bad pun)



Alex
     
centerchannel68
Baninated
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 12:41 PM
 
Originally Posted by brassplayersrock View Post
two: Rob. accidents ****in happen man. remember that time you forgot to tighten a bolt or something in your engine and it popped out. i think you started a thread about that. so what if their technology is light years ahead of ours. accidents are accidents and they happen.
I tightened it. It was like that for 2 years. Anyway.... I don't buy it. The chances of an alien coming to earth and actually crashing are very VERY far fetched.
     
Aron Peterson
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 03:32 PM
 
Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
Aron, Rob…you guys are funny. The argument that UFO's couldn't crash is just hilarious.
At that level of technology spaceships won't crash. They're pilotless and self-conscious. They can get crashed into but they will not crash. They are the apex of technology beyond anything Hollywood can imagine and certainly beyond what those Roswell witnesses 'imagined'.

Even so, we could make cars right now, today, that don't crash by putting proximity sensors in them and artificial intelligence that takes away control of the vehicle from a bad driver. And that's just with our puny level of know-how.
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6
     
tutelary
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 03:56 PM
 
This "it could never happen because its high tech" mentality amazes me. You people are out of your minds. Crap happens, its life.
     
tutelary
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 03:58 PM
 
Originally Posted by Aron Peterson View Post
Those people are retired and need cash. They use their previous positions to make money out of a gullible public who will pay to hear them speak or buy their UFO books.
now thats outlandish. those people weren't paid. Disclosure project is non-profit. keep dreaming up more crap.
     
tutelary
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 04:05 PM
 
Originally Posted by Aron Peterson View Post
SETI ain't picking up sh!t! Not even radiation bursts (unavoidable at any level of high technology) which would occur if any spaceship could use wormholes or warp speeds. None of our observatories have picked up on anything - no radiation, no communications, no alien torrent file sharing, nada! This corner of the universe is belong to us!
wrong
Wow! signal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

most of you who speak from the "comfort" of your skepticism are ignorant in most aspects of what you're trying to derail. This is just one example of such.

You also speak of warp drives, and wormholes, none of which we as a species have any familiarity with. You claim to apparently understand the mechanics and effects of such since you can tell us that they would "unavoidably" create radiation bursts.

You're a prime example of a skeptic tossing out pseudo-science to try to defend himself. It makes you look incredibly stupid, and its so very, very ironic.
( Last edited by tutelary; Mar 29, 2007 at 04:16 PM. )
     
olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Dec 1999
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 04:17 PM
 
Maybe the ships are on autopilot while the aliens are in hibernation, but Bleebgork was an idiot and decided to mix imperial and metric units.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts
     
Aron Peterson
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 04:23 PM
 
Originally Posted by tutelary View Post
There's no conclusion about what the Wow! signal was. It could be absolutely a coincidental sequence that looks intelligent but isn't. Just like the analogy of the thousand typing chimps.

Roswell tourism, seminars, books, videos - please don't tell me there's such a thing as a non-profit organisation.

Sheeshus. And you know what, I witnesses a UFO in 1990. Still have no explanation for it. What I won't accept is crashing UFOs and alien bodies because what I saw ate that for breakfast. Could have been my imagination though. Or a meteorite.
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6
     
tutelary
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 04:43 PM
 
Originally Posted by Aron Peterson View Post
There's no conclusion about what the Wow! signal was. It could be absolutely a coincidental sequence that looks intelligent but isn't. Just like the analogy of the thousand typing chimps.

Roswell tourism, seminars, books, videos - please don't tell me there's such a thing as a non-profit organisation.

Sheeshus. And you know what, I witnesses a UFO in 1990. Still have no explanation for it. What I won't accept is crashing UFOs and alien bodies because what I saw ate that for breakfast. Could have been my imagination though. Or a meteorite.
trying to compare roswell tourism to the disclosure project is stupid in and of itself.
     
Aron Peterson
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 04:46 PM
 
Originally Posted by tutelary View Post
roswell tourism - the disclosure project
They're all stupid.
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6
     
brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 05:07 PM
 
some one needs to start becoming very afraid of termites very soon. jeebus, some people seem to have thick wooden heads now a days. can't get anything through.

alex

heh, and to keep with the theme of the thread

( Last edited by brassplayersrock²; Mar 29, 2007 at 06:52 PM. )
     
wolfen  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On this side of there
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 07:49 PM
 
Originally Posted by Aron Peterson View Post
At that level of technology spaceships won't crash. They're pilotless and self-conscious. They can get crashed into but they will not crash. They are the apex of technology beyond anything Hollywood can imagine and certainly beyond what those Roswell witnesses 'imagined'.
They can't be all that advanced. After all, you know all about them.

Rob, on the other hand, may be able to distinguish between "advanced stuff I don't know" and masturbatory dreams of alien technology he saw in a movie. So I will appeal to him, now.

WARNING: BOREDOM PRODUCED LONG POST

Hey Rob I was thinking about your perspective. I think you have a point -- based on certain assumptions. What you say makes a lot of sense if, say, the Earth got 1 visit per year. But what if it's more like 100? Or 10,000? You can say "Oh, that doesn't happen" but really you'd be guessing. Wildly. So let me guess wildly, too. I guess about 3 ET spacecraft (manned and unmanned) are on Earth at any time, on average. That's 72 (craft hours per day) x 365 (days per year) x 60 years of sightings = 1,576,800 hours.

Add the fact that they travelled, let's say, 100 light years to get here. Estimating time and risk for this is foolish any which way we try. But over that travel time and distance, you're saying *nothing* happened that would impact their craft to cause a potential problem when they hit Earth. I say we should add travel to the equation.

But we don't know how many trips were made, really. I mean, did they swap out from the bench back home, or did they (however many different civilizations and homeworlds) send their precious Ferdinand Magellans on a one-way trip? We don't know if these 3 imaginary full time slots are filled by 3 of 100 launches, 3 of 1000 launches, or 3 of 10,000 launches over 60 years. 3 different civilizations or 50?

The point is that whoever they are, they're already amazing. Why do they have to be gods? Do you really believe that over the course of 100 light years travel and 1.5 million hours of time on earth *nothing* could have impacted any craft (or pilots) to result in a crash? Even once? You're also saying that there is no variation of technological ability across however many species there are. They ALL possess equally flawless flight statistics? We haven't even factored in military intervention.

Now, about the "But these advanced craft can't be shot down" idea. It's unrealistic to automatically assume that humans have NO way to impact crash stats. But let's say you're right. Does that mean there are no variables inherent in space travel, piloting, engineering, or Earth itself that impact crash statistics? Is it reasonable to assume that no variables AT ALL (variables in energy, propulsion, and navigation systems - and biology - that you and I would have no idea how to even think about) could EVER cause a crash on Earth over the course of 60 years? I say that's excessively optimistic. Fantasy. So follow the logic...

You are taking your spaceship to a hostile planet. There is a chance your ship could crash. Do you bring every technological innovation at your disposal with you to the primitive, hostile world? Logically, if there was the slightest possibility that my Planet Destroying Technology could fall into human hands, it would stay home. But really, if the vehicle could POSSIBLY crash, why risk providing anything that strengthens human capacity to increase crash stats? I should risk my souped up Cessna and that's about it. So go ahead and sift through my wreckage, chumps. No impenetrable defenses or mega-doohicky weapons on board because I can't afford for you to observe and measure them, let alone possess them. (Incidentally, this logic also partially addresses the "How come the US doesn't use this technology if it has it?" question.)

Working from this reasonable model for human behavior, "holding back" of onboard technology is a logical basis for why we might be able to impact them at all, or why they might be operating at suboptimal performance in general. There are many historical arguments for this rationale. General Custer's enemies neither invented nor manufactured the guns that decimated his army. Neither do Iraqi insurgents invent or manufacture the bulk of the weapons that destroy advanced US military vehicles. The US spyplane forced to land in China dumped millions of dollars worth of advanced equipment into the ocean before landing - something perhaps not feasible for a spaceship travelling at 10,000 miles per hour.

This concern would seem a consistent problem between any two technologically disparate militaries. And to assign some other system of reasoning once again requires us to come up with alien psychology...yet another realm we know nothing about.

I personally believe that a chunk of the reasoning for our exploration of moons in our solar system is to look for evidence of alien bases. It makes sense that they would have bases nearby if they've been here.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?
     
brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 08:44 PM
 



alex
     
centerchannel68
Baninated
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 09:44 PM
 
Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
You are taking your spaceship to a hostile planet. There is a chance your ship could crash. Do you bring every technological innovation at your disposal with you to the primitive, hostile world? Logically, if there was the slightest possibility that my Planet Destroying Technology could fall into human hands, it would stay home. But really, if the vehicle could POSSIBLY crash, why risk providing anything that strengthens human capacity to increase crash stats? I should risk my souped up Cessna and that's about it. So go ahead and sift through my wreckage, chumps. No impenetrable defenses or mega-doohicky weapons on board because I can't afford for you to observe and measure them, let alone possess them. (Incidentally, this logic also partially addresses the "How come the US doesn't use this technology if it has it?" question.)
I think it's rather funny you bring up some sort of alien plot to takeover earth and not give us any of their super advanced technology or something because they're planning to fight us, right after you say this:

"masturbatory dreams of alien technology he saw in a movie".

Come on dude. What you just described sounds exactly like a hollywood plot. And I'm not a skeptic. I think aliens are real and have been here. Why? Flying crafts were mentioned in the bible, and all sorts of weird unexplainable stories and images from throughout human history. I just don't believe in all this 'alien crash' malarky.
     
wolfen  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On this side of there
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 10:07 PM
 
Originally Posted by centerchannel68 View Post
I think it's rather funny you bring up some sort of alien plot to takeover earth and not give us any of their super advanced technology or something because they're planning to fight us, right after you say this:
Clearly you are either jerking the chain or you can't read. Either way, you've won. I won't try to reason with you in this or any other thread in future.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?
     
hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 29, 2007, 10:56 PM
 
We all know that airplanes never failed because they have sensors. We all know "proximity sensors" in cars would be functional 100% of the time on 100% of the cars that have it. There is no such things as manufacturing error. Cause aliens are so advance, they are perfect in every way. No way can there UFO crash. We humans are stupid. We can't even make cars and TV's that work 100% of the time. Even when electronic motherboards are made only by machines, we can't even guarantee every motherboard would work. God, we can't even build machines to make perfectly working motherboards 100% of the time. We suck bad. We have human error, but aliens are so smart and so advance, they've eliminated all "human error" and manufacturing error.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.
     
centerchannel68
Baninated
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 12:29 AM
 
Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
We all know that airplanes never failed because they have sensors. We all know "proximity sensors" in cars would be functional 100% of the time on 100% of the cars that have it. There is no such things as manufacturing error. Cause aliens are so advance, they are perfect in every way. No way can there UFO crash. We humans are stupid. We can't even make cars and TV's that work 100% of the time. Even when electronic motherboards are made only by machines, we can't even guarantee every motherboard would work. God, we can't even build machines to make perfectly working motherboards 100% of the time. We suck bad. We have human error, but aliens are so smart and so advance, they've eliminated all "human error" and manufacturing error.
Dude. Think about it. We have had cars for...oh.... a hundred years? And when we first got them, they didn't even have internal combustion engines... they were either steam engines, or battery powered. Think of how far we've come in ONLY 100 years. From solid rubber wheels with wooden spokes, archaic forms of energy, and basically a horseless carriage with primitive steering and barely any brakes. In 100 years, we now have cars that can go over 250mph, driven by almost anybody, quite safely. And TVs? Those too are a recent invention. Your argument is retarded. Try comparing some form of technology which we've had for a few hundred years, and see how reliable it is, because if some intelligent being is able to build machines to transverse the freaking universe, they sure as **** will build them to not crash into a flock of birds, fly into thunderstorms and crash, or get shot down. I could go on and on and on and type a huge post that makes people think I'm right based purely on the length of my paragraphs, but then I remember if you argue with idiots, you sorta become one.

PS: Not all humans are stupid. Just the ones that confuse their and there.
     
Cipher13
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2000
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 03:31 AM
 
Originally Posted by centerchannel68 View Post
Dude. Think about it. We have had cars for...oh.... a hundred years? And when we first got them, they didn't even have internal combustion engines... they were either steam engines, or battery powered. Think of how far we've come in ONLY 100 years. From solid rubber wheels with wooden spokes, archaic forms of energy, and basically a horseless carriage with primitive steering and barely any brakes. In 100 years, we now have cars that can go over 250mph, driven by almost anybody, quite safely. And TVs? Those too are a recent invention. Your argument is retarded. Try comparing some form of technology which we've had for a few hundred years, and see how reliable it is, because if some intelligent being is able to build machines to transverse the freaking universe, they sure as **** will build them to not crash into a flock of birds, fly into thunderstorms and crash, or get shot down. I could go on and on and on and type a huge post that makes people think I'm right based purely on the length of my paragraphs, but then I remember if you argue with idiots, you sorta become one.

PS: Not all humans are stupid. Just the ones that confuse their and there.
These vehicles may not even traverse space linearly, or if they do, I'd bet it's a pretty long, boring journey. The fact that they can cross galaxies or what have you doesn't really mean anything when considering their ability to maneuvre within our atmosphere... a foreign atmosphere. An atmosphere with potentially unknown and harmful compounds in it (to them, which could damage their technology).

Perhaps they're not used to our gravity? The viscosity of our atmosphere? Any number of things.

Not saying any of this is true, but I don't think it's necessarily fair to criticise the theory because a bunch of aliens crashed their ****.
     
hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 04:38 AM
 
Originally Posted by centerchannel68 View Post
Dude. Think about it. We have had cars for...oh.... a hundred years? And when we first got them, they didn't even have internal combustion engines... they were either steam engines, or battery powered. Think of how far we've come in ONLY 100 years. From solid rubber wheels with wooden spokes, archaic forms of energy, and basically a horseless carriage with primitive steering and barely any brakes. In 100 years, we now have cars that can go over 250mph, driven by almost anybody, quite safely. And TVs? Those too are a recent invention. Your argument is retarded. Try comparing some form of technology which we've had for a few hundred years, and see how reliable it is, because if some intelligent being is able to build machines to transverse the freaking universe, they sure as **** will build them to not crash into a flock of birds, fly into thunderstorms and crash, or get shot down. I could go on and on and on and type a huge post that makes people think I'm right based purely on the length of my paragraphs, but then I remember if you argue with idiots, you sorta become one.

PS: Not all humans are stupid. Just the ones that confuse their and there.
Only a retard would think it's possible to built something that never breaks and every item built would work perfectly.

Your argument is retarded. Your argument is that we only had cars for 100 years and TV is a recent invention. So because of that, it breaks? Okay genius, how long have aliens had flying saucers that can travel to Earth? So what if aliens invented flying saucer that can transverse the universe less than 100 years ago? Maybe the aliens who crashed into Roswell were one of the first exploration? Flying saucers that can travel great distance were new to them?

"because if some intelligent being is able to build machines to transverse the freaking universe, they sure as **** will build them to not crash into a flock of birds, fly into thunderstorms and crash, or get shot down."

Based on your retarded argument, we will never send astronauts to space unless we made 100% sure that space shuttles will never explode, will never get hit by debris, and will never break. We would never build planes that would ever fail. Cause you know if us intelligent beings were to build machines that would carry millions of people everyday, would make sure our damn airplane would never fail or crash.

No intelligent being is perfect, no matter how smart or advance they are. No matter how much technology or how advance an intelligent being is, things are bound to break no matter how much safeguard you put into a machine.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.
     
Aron Peterson
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 04:48 AM
 
I haven't even commented on that stupid YouTube video from The Disclosure Project.

It starts off with an introduction from a C grade soap opera actor nobody has heard of who breaks out in song in the middle of boasting of the many crap TV series he's been in. He his then followed by a genuine alien version of Bill Gates who, non-profit my ass, writes books on this matter. This Greer guy says we have to abandon weaponising space (maybe he works for the Chinese), and become a peaceful civilisation in order for the aliens to allow us to become a member of their galactic league of peaceful civilisations He begins to sound like an emissary of an alien King Xerses at this point and I really want to kick him down a well.

Greer is followed by a series of crackpots with combovers and tinpots with weight problems and it all keeps going downhill as we watch these old bored men looking for attention and a chance someone might ask them to write a best selling UFO book.

I really got bored watching those nutters and kept thinking of the garage mechanic in The Fast Show who would have called this "Rubbish!!!!"

So I then searched for 'UFO' on YouTube to see if there was anything better. Nothing. We have a world covered by millions upon millions of digital cameras and mobile phone cameras and as Steven Spielberg observed there's no compelling UFO photos or videos. The amount of fake UFO footage and stills is at the same level as it was in the 1950s because information flows so fast these days it takes 10 minutes for a Photoshop or CG artist to debunk anything.

Prophet Yahweh was mildly entertaining, if only because he and his friend who releases a balloon one mile away really manage to make a fool of TV reporters.
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6
     
Cipher13
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2000
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 04:59 AM
 
People like you will never learn.

Just because you can't prove something DOES exist, that doesn't mean it absolutely does not. Funnily enough, the youtube video had a very good quote, along the lines of (paraphrasing) "The absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence".

It's very true.
     
OB1
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 05:07 AM
 
Originally Posted by Aron Peterson View Post
If aliens landed in France the French would be saying "This isn't fair. This isn't right. We are the best. We are so great."

It's hard to deal with the French I must admit.
tin pot, garden shed
     
hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 05:16 AM
 
It's not a matter of technology or if safeguards were in place.

It's the inherent nature of the manufacturing process, wear and tear, and "human error".

It's impossible to manufacture every item to work perfectly as it was intended. Things will wear and tear over time, and will break down.

Aliens can put all the safeguards into place to avoid crashing into birds, fly into thunderstorms, and being shot down. But... Errors might be introduce during the manufacturing process. Their spaceship will go through wear and tear during their trip. Safeguards to avoid crashing might stop functioning why traveling to Earth. The aliens might missed something during inspection for wear and tear. What if one of their safeguards built into the spaceship malfunction and caused it to crash into Earth?

Ever own any electronic devices that never breaks?
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.
     
Aron Peterson
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 05:22 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cipher13 View Post
People like you will never learn.

Just because you can't prove something DOES exist, that doesn't mean it absolutely does not. Funnily enough, the youtube video had a very good quote, along the lines of (paraphrasing) "The absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence".

It's very true.
It sounds good I'm sure, but it doesn't work in practice. Those old crackpots want to go before Congress with that poor evidence. A blinkered 1950s radar system that produced momentary erratum doesn't constitute evidence for a spaceship zipping around our skies. Neither does a tiny percentage of ex-military men who claim they saw dead alien bodies but can't produce any physical evidence. In a court of law these fellows would have their case thrown out by a judge who would laugh his head off.

Like I said, we live in a world of surveillance now. Cameras are everywhere. No strong evidence for spaceships has come, and applying faith before scientific reason makes this another quacky religion.
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6
     
Aron Peterson
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 05:25 AM
 
Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Their spaceship will go through wear and tear during their trip. Safeguards to avoid crashing might stop functioning why traveling to Earth. The aliens might missed something during inspection for wear and tear. What if one of their safeguards built into the spaceship malfunction and caused it to crash into Earth?

Ever own any electronic devices that never breaks?
Our scientists have already been working for ten years on exotic materials that produce no wear and tear. You can't apply wear and tear or faulty mechanics to something unbelievably more advanced than us.
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6
     
Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Annals of MacNN History
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 08:20 AM
 
Originally Posted by brassplayersrock View Post



alex
Looks like marden's hacked this account.
     
brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 10:17 AM
 
actually no uncle dakara. i found that thing fitting for the post because i really enjoyed it, and it was one of the better parts of this thread. No offense OP

alex

oh, and that argument about cameras being everywhere. I pfft at you. it's called covering up evidence ya numb brained person you
     
Gossamer
Professional Poster
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: "Working"
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 10:20 AM
 
Apparently nicknames are cool.
     
brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 10:23 AM
 
actually all things with brains are numb brained. no nerves in the brain = no feeling in the brain, which in turn = numb in a sense



alex
     
Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Annals of MacNN History
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 10:24 AM
 
Originally Posted by brassplayersrock View Post
actually no uncle dakara. i found that thing fitting for the post because i really enjoyed it, and it was one of the better parts of this thread.
Hey, you know what would be fun? Responding to my joke like it was serious! Oh wait you did! Well done!

Originally Posted by Gossamer View Post
Apparently nicknames are cool.
I must have struck a nerve.
     
brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 10:27 AM
 
i knew it was a joke. had nothing better to do then to reply to your post

alex

warning: slight thread derail.

aron, you sound very much like rob, and since you are a new member this month, and do sound very much like rob, until evidence is given that you are not rob, i will just think you of you as rob on a second account.
     
Gossamer
Professional Poster
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: "Working"
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 10:40 AM
 
Originally Posted by brassplayersrock View Post
i knew it was a joke. had nothing better to do then to reply to your post

alex

warning: slight thread derail.

aron, you sound very much like rob, and since you are a new member this month, and do sound very much like rob, until evidence is given that you are not rob, i will just think you of you as rob on a second account.
You showed him what's what.
     
Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Annals of MacNN History
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 10:42 AM
 
Hey, I like Aron. He fits in here.

(I actually wondered if he was an old member for a couple days there)
     
Aron Peterson
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 10:48 AM
 
Originally Posted by Dakar² View Post
Hey, I like Aron. He fits in here.

(I actually wondered if he was an old member for a couple days there)
I'm a disinformation agent sent to you by the League of Extraterrestrial Galactic Interstellar Tonsils (LEGIT for short) to tell you that we don't exist. Now if you don't mind I have to go repair my damaged flying saucer. Our steering wheels and GPS systems aren't too good you see. At least we always crash somewhere where it is night, very few witnesses around and near a place badly in need of visitors to boost the local economy. If we crashed in broad daylight in a major city we'd really be worried!
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6
     
Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Annals of MacNN History
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 10:49 AM
 
See? How can you not enjoy being drowned in sarcasm?
     
centerchannel68
Baninated
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 11:02 AM
 
Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
It's not a matter of technology or if safeguards were in place.

It's the inherent nature of OUR manufacturing process, wear and tear, and "human error".

It's impossible to FOR US to manufacture every item to work perfectly as it was intended. Things will wear and tear over time, and will break down on our things with our current technology, you know, human technology, the kind that can barely get out of our atmosphere."
Fixed.

This is my last post in this thread. We humans can barely get out of the atmosphere. We can't even really do that reliably, seeing how many failed attempts we've had at even leaving the earth only to float around just above it. Space exploration for humans is VERY primitive. In fact, the some new cars on teh road have more processing power than some of the apollo spacecraft in the 1960s. Going to the moon was stretching the limits of our technology 50 years ago. Since then, we've come a long way in some ways, but we haven't done anything more impressive in space. The very fact that you people talk about wear and tear, mistakes, and how the aliens 'might not know' what our gravity or weather is like is absolutely mindbogglingly retarded. If they were above earth, they could intercept transmissions to learn more about us. I'm also pretty sure their advanced computer systems could calculate what the gravity and weather was like. The fact that you're applying basically the faults of TODAY's HUMAN forms of transportation to interstellar craft built by some super advanced alien is just... wow. You are freaking .... it's just really really dumb. I'm sorry, but good christ.

Compare sailing back in the late 1400s, when Columbus was sailing across the atlantic. People still thought the world was FLAT, back then. He was trying to get to india. Ships got lost, people died a lot, they only had a compass and a sextant to tell them where to go. Sailing was a very risky thing, and traveling across the atlantic was very dicey. Now, thousands of ships are crossing the atlantic at any given time, most of them nary ONE problem.

Now think of our spacecraft as a big wooden tallship, because that's how primitive it really is for what it's doing. You are thinking of problems with today's human things, and applying them to some supposedly super advanced race with technology far beyond our own. Basically, yall are being stupid. And with that, I'm out. Keep being retarded if you want. It will only make people more skeptical of any real UFO/alien evidence that ever comes to light.
     
centerchannel68
Baninated
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 11:04 AM
 
Originally Posted by Aron Peterson View Post
I'm a disinformation agent sent to you by the League of Extraterrestrial Galactic Interstellar Tonsils (LEGIT for short) to tell you that we don't exist. Now if you don't mind I have to go repair my damaged flying saucer. Our steering wheels and GPS systems aren't too good you see. At least we always crash somewhere where it is night, very few witnesses around and near a place badly in need of visitors to boost the local economy. If we crashed in broad daylight in a major city we'd really be worried!
HAhahahahaha. And always near hicks too, never near any credible people with normal jobs and stuff.
     
Aron Peterson
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 11:16 AM
 
Has anyone got a torrent for the UFO repair manuals? My manual got burned in the wreckage. I'll have to fix the WiFi too. I suspect a hacker from the Axis of Evil Galaxies hacked my flying saucer to make it crash and screw up my WiFi card's BIOS too.
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6
     
brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 12:26 PM
 
     
Visnaut
Senior User
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 12:44 PM
 
How many angels can fit on the head of a pin?
     
tutelary
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 05:57 PM
 
Originally Posted by centerchannel68 View Post
HAhahahahaha. And always near hicks too, never near any credible people with normal jobs and stuff.
yeah..all those people with top secret clearance and above arent credible or anything...
     
Aron Peterson
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 06:35 PM
 
Originally Posted by tutelary View Post
yeah..all those people with top secret clearance and above arent credible or anything...
They aren't. Revealing top secret information is breaking the law. Since they're not being arrested one supposes they are making up their clearance levels and that government and military officials can't be bothered about them because they did not have top secret/eyes only clearance. In Britain we had an MI5 and an MI6 officer who came out with their own conspiracy theories about this and that because they wanted to be top selling authors. One, David Shayler, was arrested for breaking the law - no matter what his conspiracy theories were he simply isn't allowed to go around saying it's real secret information. He agreed when he became an MI5 officer to a non-disclosure agreement.

The other, Richard Tomlinson (effectively another twit who wanted to be a top selling author), is still on the run from the law, hiding his backside in a Swiss forest cave. Both Tomlinson and Shayler tried to ride the Princess Diana cash cow, just like how some ex-Air Force quackaroos in the US try to ride the UFO cash cow.

Amazing what crap people come out with just to sell books.
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6
     
brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 07:11 PM
 
Originally Posted by Aron Peterson View Post
Amazing what crap people come out with just to sell books.
are you telling us that you are trying to sell a book aron?


alex
     
Aron Peterson
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 07:26 PM
 
Originally Posted by brassplayersrock View Post
are you telling us that you are trying to sell a book aron?


alex
Yes, it's a follow up to Greer's The Hidden Truth. It's called Gullible Bored People With Cash To Spend Look No Further!

Case closed. Give me a more interesting topic I know nothing about. And a gin and tonic while I'm waiting.
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6
     
tutelary
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 30, 2007, 08:03 PM
 
Originally Posted by Aron Peterson View Post
They aren't. Revealing top secret information is breaking the law. Since they're not being arrested one supposes they are making up their clearance levels and that government and military officials can't be bothered about them because they did not have top secret/eyes only clearance. In Britain we had an MI5 and an MI6 officer who came out with their own conspiracy theories about this and that because they wanted to be top selling authors. One, David Shayler, was arrested for breaking the law - no matter what his conspiracy theories were he simply isn't allowed to go around saying it's real secret information. He agreed when he became an MI5 officer to a non-disclosure agreement.

The other, Richard Tomlinson (effectively another twit who wanted to be a top selling author), is still on the run from the law, hiding his backside in a Swiss forest cave. Both Tomlinson and Shayler tried to ride the Princess Diana cash cow, just like how some ex-Air Force quackaroos in the US try to ride the UFO cash cow.

Amazing what crap people come out with just to sell books.
Only they arent breaking the law because the things they have been talking about "dont exist" according to the goverment. These people have been checked and rechecked. They are bona-fide. The moment the goverment starts trying to quiet these people they are giving away the fact that what they are talking about is absolutely real.

"Ex-Air force Quacks" proves you have no idea. Lets look at a partial list of these people you would call non-reputable:

Major-General Vasily Alexeyev Space Communications Center, Russia

Lt. Colonel Dwynne Arneson US Air Force (retired)

Commander Graham Bethune US Navy (retired)

Lieutenant Colonel Charles Brown US Air Force (retired)

FAA Division Chief John Callahan Ex-Division Chief of the Accidents and Investigations Branch of the FAA, Washington DC

Staff Sergeant Stoney Campbell US Air Force

Franklin Carter US Navy

Astronaut Gordon Cooper

Neil Daniels United Airlines Airline Pilot, ex-Air Force

Colonel Ross Diedrickson US Air Force (ret.)/AEC

George A. Filer III Former Air Force Major

Lieutenant Frederick Marshall Fox US Navy (retired)

Dr. Richard Haines NASA research scientist

Donna Hare Former NASA contract employee

Professor Robert Jacobs Lt. US Air Force

Harry Allen Jordan US Navy

Enrique Kolbeck Senior Air Traffic Controller

James Kopf US Navy Crypto Communications/ National Security Agency

Brigadier General Steven Lovekin Esq., White House Army Signaling Agency

Merle Shane McDow US Navy Atlantic Command

Astronaut Edgar Mitchell Apollo 14 Astronaut

Admiral Lord Hill-Norton Five-star Admiral and the former Head of the British Ministry of Defense

Don Phillips Lockheed Skunkworks, USAF, and CIA Contractor

Captain Massimo Poggi Senior 747 captain for Alitalia

Nick Pope British Ministry Of Defense

Captain Lori Rehfeldt British Royal Air Force

Daniel Sheehan Washington lawyer

Michael W. Smith US Air Force

Sgt. Chuck Sorrells US Air Force (ret.)

Sergeant Clifford Stone United States Army

Captain Bill Uhouse US Marine Corps (ret.)

Lieutenant Bob Walker US Army

Security Officer Larry Warren US Air Force

Lance Corporal Jonathan Weygandt Marine Corp

Lieutenant Colonel John Williams Air Force rescue helicopter pilot

Dan Willis US Navy

Lieutenant Colonel Joe Wojtecki Strategic Air Command and Tactical Air Command
( Last edited by tutelary; Mar 30, 2007 at 08:23 PM. )
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,