Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Is your Starbucks closing? ...

Is your Starbucks closing? ... (Page 2)
ghporter
Administrator
Jul 14, 2008, 06:32 PM

The problem with the CR review is that they seem to have visited ONE of each source of coffee. A Starbucks that actually burns coffee won't stay open long, and their normal brewing process produces very strong but NOT burnt coffee.

Otherwise I agree that Micky D's is decent coffee. But their recent practice to put the cream in behind the counter bothers the crap out of me. I'm half distrustful and half anxious to do it myself.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 14, 2008, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Weird review. My experience is different.

E.g. Burger King coffee (Douwe Egberts) is really good coffee, if made right.

-t

ApeInTheShell
Senior User
Jul 14, 2008, 09:16 PM

It is ironic how the majority of Americans who complain about Starbucks high prices now for espresso drinks had virtually no clue about what a latte or cappuccino before Starbucks became popular. Every time you mention Starbucks it is, "Oh they are too expensive, they don't fair trade, I hate their drinks."
Well I hear this applied to the Macintosh and iPhone all the time. We knew they were the best products (except Testudo) and bought them anyways.
It is simple. Don't buy from Starbucks if you don't like them. Heck, I would get a Creative Zen instead of an iPod if I was concerned about Apple's lack of a removable battery, which I am not.
Back to topic:
There are no stores closing in the Colorado area that I have seen. There is only one store in Dallas, TX that is shutting down. Check http://www.starbucksgossip.com for a link to the list. You might have to scroll down some. I think it is available from the WSJ as well.

Atomic Rooster
Jul 14, 2008, 10:06 PM

I've always liked MacDonald's coffee but too many fat people and sqwaking kids.

I like to read the paper and relax and enjoy.

Forum Links
Forum Rules