Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Folding@Home Windows Service Installer unistall and fix

Folding@Home Windows Service Installer unistall and fix
DrBoar
Senior User
Jan 13, 2006, 12:23 PM

I use Team OS Xs Folding@Home Windows Service Installer for running several computers for TeamMacNN.
I think I messed up one installation, as it allways runs at 50% CPU usage. How do I uninstall it cleanly and then reinstall it? Is there a way of uninstall manually?

At my current rate it will take more than a year to get past the guy in front of me in F@H
With some help I think I can add 10 GHz or so of folding power, perhaps even more

The Raven
Forum Regular
Jan 14, 2006, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by DrBoar
I use Team OS Xs Folding@Home Windows Service Installer for running several computers for TeamMacNN.
I think I messed up one installation, as it allways runs at 50% CPU usage.
Are you running it on a P4 then most likely HT is enabled and if you have enough ram run two instances of F@H. If not run with a -config flag and reset your prefs.
At my current rate it will take more than a year to get past the guy in front of me in F@H
With some help I think I can add 10 GHz or so of folding power, perhaps even more
It will be 3+ years before i pass someone (if onemacguy stays with BOINC that long).

DrBoar  (op)
Senior User
Jan 27, 2006, 12:26 PM

I tried installing 2 clients on one P4 with HT, that did not work out well I still got 50% CPU usage.
I then deinstalled that and installed just 1 client and I am still at 50%.

There are a couple of P4 arriving soon so I would like to get the hang on this, to get some serious folding power

The Raven
Forum Regular
Jan 29, 2006, 01:06 AM

I tried installing 2 clients on one P4 with HT, that did not work out well I still got 50% CPU usage.
I then deinstalled that and installed just 1 client and I am still at 50%.

There are a couple of P4 arriving soon so I would like to get the hang on this, to get some serious folding power
Make sure you are using the -local flag on at least one of the 2 clients.

The Raven
Forum Regular
Jan 29, 2006, 01:06 AM

double post
( Last edited by The Raven; Jan 30, 2006 at 12:47 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules