Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > UNO - sunken black possible?

UNO - sunken black possible?
eatinwokout
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 19, 2006, 12:50 AM

About a week ago a decided to give Interacto's UNO another try after finding out that it was now offered as a Universal Binary. I know, old news for most. I gave the utility a run and came away quite pleased with the changes made to the interface of my system.

Not completely understanding the inner workings of the utility, how difficult would it be to create a black sunken plastic look for Tiger using UNO? Shapeshifter has not yet gone Universal so I'm simply looking at my options. I took a look at the backup files that UNO creates and noticed a few resource files and images. Does anyone have any idea if it is at all possible? I dropped Interacto an email with the same question.

D3LM3L
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 24, 2006, 10:43 AM

Well if you knew how to use ThemePark, you could simply modify the Extras2.rsrc files inside the UNO package. I did that for myself to restore the original Apple/Spotlight icons.

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Jun 24, 2006, 12:57 PM

I hate double posts
ugh

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Jun 24, 2006, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by D3LM3L
Well if you knew how to use ThemePark, you could simply modify the Extras2.rsrc files inside the UNO package. I did that for myself to restore the original Apple/Spotlight icons.
Actually, if you knew how to use Themepark you would tell him that Themepark cannot read the PXM's in an Intel Extras2.rsrc file. That file gets generated by Extras2Extras2 from an altered PPC Extras.rsrc file....and a black Uno would be unusable since text colors aren't editable yet.

Forum Links
Forum Rules