Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Come Join Nano Hive

Come Join Nano Hive
vsmsamples
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2006, 12:38 PM

reader50
Administrator
Sep 27, 2006, 05:30 PM

[email protected] is currently Windows/x86 only. Mac, Linux, and Solaris clients are "in development".

Who founded our team over there? "m1ghmac1nt0shc0mput3rd0nat10ns2b01nc" doesn't ring any bells for me. It almost parses as a hardware description.

kmarince
Sep 27, 2006, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by reader50
[email protected] is currently Windows/x86 only. Mac, Linux, and Solaris clients are "in development".

Who founded our team over there? "m1ghmac1nt0shc0mput3rd0nat10ns2b01nc" doesn't ring any bells for me. It almost parses as a hardware description.
Yeah Sure

I founded Team MacNN before someone else would. And yes i believe macintosh clients will be released the sametime as windows. I have been incontact with project leader and he says macintosh client shold be uploaded this week just like windows will be to as he explains how he just received his own macbook to develope intel version since a few days ago. Just because it say windows is out doesn;t mean it actually is, i have attached to windows already yet not client has been downloaded.

kmarince
Sep 27, 2006, 08:11 PM

was it wrong to start a macnn team???

reader50
Administrator
Sep 27, 2006, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by kmarince
was it wrong to start a macnn team???
No. Most of our project teams today are founded by various members.

I didn't recognize the founder this time, and was somewhat suspicious. Perhaps I've had too much fun lately banning spammers with shady deals.

It had occurred to me that a new DC project might try to get a bunch of people on board. Have some shills sign up accounts for each of the bigger DC teams, then post on their boards for everyone to jump in. Normally, I recognize the handle of whoever founded the team, this one looked a bit like a machine-generated handle.

kmarince
Sep 28, 2006, 06:39 AM

No. Most of our project teams today are founded by various members.

I didn't recognize the founder this time, and was somewhat suspicious. Perhaps I've had too much fun lately banning spammers with shady deals.

It had occurred to me that a new DC project might try to get a bunch of people on board. Have some shills sign up accounts for each of the bigger DC teams, then post on their boards for everyone to jump in. Normally, I recognize the handle of whoever founded the team, this one looked a bit like a machine-generated handle.
ICIC anyways someone please jointhis time asap so we can get a good rank going once WUS are out

mac1896
Forum Regular
Oct 3, 2006, 05:29 PM

Funny.

"m1ghmac1nt0shc0mput3rd0nat10ns2b01nc"

breaks down to:

m1gh mac1nt0sh c0mput3r d0nat10ns 2 b01nc

my macintosh computer donations to boinc

Gee, I hope they're friendly..........

Forum Links
Forum Rules