Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Offical: Your Tiger order has shipped thread!

Offical: Your Tiger order has shipped thread! (Page 8)
bradb28
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2005, 04:41 PM

Does this mean it is on its way to my house?

Status
In transit

Details

Apr 27, 2005 11:34 PM

Left origin

MIDDLETOWN, PA

10:55 PM

Picked up

MIDDLETOWN, PA

Im only about an hour away form there, but it is 10 minutes after it should have been here the latest... damn, a big white truck just passed my house, it was the ice cream man,

macman88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2005, 04:51 PM

that is the same with me. i am right outside philadelphia, about an hour away from middletown. mine says in transit also. do you think it could come today? when is delivery stopped for the night? the delivery time says 4/29 by 4:30. do you think that is just a generic message that they are giving a lot of us?
ibook g4, 1.33ghz, 768mb

Applefreak01
Senior User
Apr 28, 2005, 04:57 PM

Same here. Almost 4:00PM here and no Fedex yet. Either they are hold it until tomorrow or they got 30 minutes to get it here if they are going to deliver it today.
[Riding a circus elephant]
Peter: Look Lois, the two smybols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a fat white guy who is threatened by change. - Family Guy

pity
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2005, 05:01 PM

if it is in "transit on the delivery truck" it means you will get the package today
if it is "in transit" between airports you will get it tommorrow
( Last edited by pity; Apr 28, 2005 at 08:04 PM. )

bradb28
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2005, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by macman88
that is the same with me. i am right outside philadelphia, about an hour away from middletown. mine says in transit also. do you think it could come today? when is delivery stopped for the night? the delivery time says 4/29 by 4:30. do you think that is just a generic message that they are giving a lot of us?
I think it is pretty much done for the day. The other time I got something from Fed Ex it was at my house by 1. On the other hand my package last time was flown form Cali to Trenton, which is closer to me and could have been one of the first shipments. I hope that could eb the case and I am one of the last shipments, but in my opinion mine is being taken to Trenton again probably and going to be here tomorrow early.
I HOPE that the 4:30 is a general message, and that it might be here later on, but it doesnt seem reasonable at this point.
But since you are in Pennsylvania, I wouldn't be surprised if yours arrived tonight
Brad

generationfourt
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2005, 05:20 PM

it says its on the truck and the guy just drove right by my house

toconnor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2005, 05:34 PM

FedEx shipping is stupid. My shipping destination is in the S.F. Bay Area. Take a look at where my package is going. Let's see, to go to Northern California from southern California they have to ship the pkg thru Tennesse? Geesh! FedEx doesn't get the optimum shipping route award for this one. Glad I'm not paying by the mileage.

Apr 28, 2005
10:57 am Arrived at Sort Facility MEMPHIS TN
4:35 am Arrived at FedEx Ramp PORTLAND OR
2:33 am Left FedEx Sort Facility OAKLAND CA

Apr 27, 2005
11:51 pm Arrived at Sort Facility OAKLAND CA
11:16 pm Left FedEx Sort Facility LOS ANGELES CA
9:52 pm Arrived at Sort Facility LOS ANGELES CA
11:01 am Pickup status ONTARIO CA
9:22 am Left FedEx Origin Location ONTARIO CA

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 28, 2005, 06:18 PM

Mine just shipped and it's scheduled to be shipped overnight. Sweet!

mrpuddles
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2005, 06:53 PM

Just got mine... it came at 12:30 today. A day early for edu... sweet!

plamparello
Apr 28, 2005, 06:58 PM

I'm in Philadelphia too and mine just went from MIDDLETOWN, PA to NEWARK, NJ. What are they thinking, thats the wrong direction.
plamparello

dfiller
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2005, 07:05 PM

Mine still says it just left Middletown last night... nothing new on it ALL day.

asodamiac
Senior User
Apr 28, 2005, 07:07 PM

my order is still being processed.. does it take longer for the upgrade version than the full version?
15" Powerbook G4 | 1.67, 1.5gb, 128VRAM, SD
20" iMac | 2.66, 2gb, HD 2600
Dell 2408WFP

wintermute1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2005, 07:07 PM

I am glad that people here have their delivery dates/times. Mine is still "preparing for shipment."

I have, of course, called Apple - and the assured me that it would ship in time for me to receive it tomorrow. I remember when Panther came out, however. This was delayed even in the face of assurances that "everything will be there on time."

I really wonder why I put myself through this every time. I should have just arranged to go to the local Apple Store (Tysons Corner, VA) and enjoy the launch. But no! I have to order on the Apple Store once the launch date is announced!

W

bradb28
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2005, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by dfiller
Mine still says it just left Middletown last night... nothing new on it ALL day.
Same here, im thinking if it goes to newark or trenton I will call and see if I can pick it up

osxisfun
Apr 28, 2005, 07:10 PM

FYI,

I ordered a BTO powerbook on monday. I called today to ask if it would come with 10.3 or 10.4 (just to be safe before i ordered the update) and was told that the powerbooks would not be BTOed with 10.3...

Of course until i get the machine i can not be 100% sure... But i got the jump on a 10.4 upgrade so it won't be too long after.

should say WOULD BE BUILT WITH 10.3
( Last edited by osxisfun; Apr 28, 2005 at 09:05 PM. Reason: whoops)

dfiller
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2005, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by wintermute1
I am glad that people here have their delivery dates/times. Mine is still "preparing for shipment."

I have, of course, called Apple - and the assured me that it would ship in time for me to receive it tomorrow. I remember when Panther came out, however. This was delayed even in the face of assurances that "everything will be there on time."

I really wonder why I put myself through this every time. I should have just arranged to go to the local Apple Store (Tysons Corner, VA) and enjoy the launch. But no! I have to order on the Apple Store once the launch date is announced!

W

If I was back home in Vienna, VA I would of done that But I'm here in Rochester going to school, and we don't get our Apple store til this summer. Until then the closest stores are both Syracuse or Buffalo, and they are an hour away. So I ordered it.

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Apr 28, 2005, 07:24 PM

Yay, Mine is down as Shipped. with a TNT track number. No Apple mail yet though,
Hope someone's in when they decide to call, It gets difficult if there isn't I am out all day Sat & Sun and I bet there is no Monday (National Holiday in UK) deliveries.

Applefreak01
Senior User
Apr 28, 2005, 07:26 PM

Got mine delivered. Fedex was about 15 minutes late from the by 4:30pm time.
[Riding a circus elephant]
Peter: Look Lois, the two smybols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a fat white guy who is threatened by change. - Family Guy

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2005, 07:33 PM

Ordered Tiger Client and Tiger Server 10-Client on 04/12/2005 at 08:26 PM PST

Shipped 4/27. Currently in Memphis.

turboSPE
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2005, 08:36 PM

Mine has yet to ship Ordered 4/12 through the Education store. I guess I'll have to go to a retail location to pick it up

turboSPE

SeminalGeek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2005, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by JHromadka
Ordered Tiger Client and Tiger Server 10-Client on 04/12/2005 at 08:26 PM PST

Shipped 4/27. Currently in Memphis.
I ordered the minute the apple store was updated. Both have left memphis already on way to me.
14" 1.33Ghz iBook
17" 1.67Ghz PB
20" 1.8Ghz G5 iMac
2x2Ghz G5 PowerMac with 23" Alu Display
2X2Ghz G5 PowerMac headless server
40GB iPod

asodamiac
Senior User
Apr 28, 2005, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by turboSPE
Mine has yet to ship Ordered 4/12 through the Education store. I guess I'll have to go to a retail location to pick it up

turboSPE
did you order the upgrade version or the full version? i ordered the $9.95 upgrade version and it still has not shipped out yet. i called apple and they said that most people should get their copies by tomorrow (even if their order status is still processing). dunno, but hope she was right.
Dell 2408WFP

turboSPE
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2005, 09:05 PM

I ordered the full retail copy. I hope your support rep is correct too!

turboSPE

michaelb
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2005, 09:12 PM

Arrived here in Sydney, Australia... Friday morning about 10:30 am.

It also came with an iWork '05 trial version (top left of photo).

Did everyone else get this?

GreenwoodMO
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2005, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by asodamiac
my order is still being processed.. does it take longer for the upgrade version than the full version?
I am in the same boat as you "Processing Order" and mine is a up-to-date order.

generationfourt
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2005, 09:25 PM

woo hoo got mine! installing right now. this is the last time ill be on this crappy pc!!!

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by asodamiac
did you order the upgrade version or the full version? i ordered the $9.95 upgrade version and it still has not shipped out yet. i called apple and they said that most people should get their copies by tomorrow (even if their order status is still processing). dunno, but hope she was right.
Unfortunately, that conflicts with another post (near the end of the previous page by someone else who said apple customer care said that all up to date orders will ship ON the 29th, so probably won't get them until Tuesday or so...

I hope you are right though. Mine still says "Processing Order" (Not even Preparing for shipment").
"Mac Daddy" - 15" MBP, 2.2 GHz Core i7, 8GB, 750GB HDD
"Mommy Mac" - 13" Macbook, 2.4GHz C2D, 2GB, 160GB
"Baby Mac" - 15" PB, 1.5GHz, 1.5GB, 80GB
64GB iPod Touch (4th gen)

songoku912
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2005, 09:49 PM

9:49pm here in NYC and my order (full version) is still on preparing shipment. I ordered on the day of the announcement. Come on Apple

sworthy
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2005, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by songoku912
9:49pm here in NYC and my order (full version) is still on preparing shipment. I ordered on the day of the announcement. Come on Apple
Same here, but I'm optimistic. I ordered a camera last week from buy.com and the page was never updated past 'sent to warehouse'. It arrived today and the page still hasn't been updated. I'm fairly confident it will arrive.

issa
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005, 10:22 PM

Not quite as early as Australia, it seems, but my copy arrived in Tokyo at 11:00 a.m. local time.

michaelb - the trial version of iWork and iLife is in the box.

Let the fun begin....

AmericanPsych0
Apr 28, 2005, 10:27 PM

Wow. It shipped yesterday, with two-day, and arrived today. I never thought I'd ever get a package early, let alone Tiger.
When Vin Diesel pops a can of Pringles, the fun stops after about fifteen minutes.

asodamiac
Senior User
Apr 28, 2005, 10:34 PM

well.. if we dont get it by tomorrow (friday).. it wont be much of a premiere for us. the thread about all of the bugs do make the wait a little bit more bearable.. just a little.
Dell 2408WFP

adiliegro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2005, 10:47 PM

Mine says deliver date April 29 before 4:00pm. Got an email today that it had shipped and I am tracking it now.
Allen
Converted Mac user since 09-20-2004

Buck_W
Senior User
Apr 28, 2005, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by jxflyer
On the Tiger FAQ page, Apple states,

"If you place your order with us by April 26th, you will receive your software on April 29th..."

Yeah, it's just some new software - not really life threatening, but I'd like the company to live up to their word. They may THINK different, but it seems they're acting just the same.
Well put! I ordered my copy on the 12th at 5:48 am and with just a little more than an hour left on April 28. . . my order status remains: Preparing Shipment. Obviously I am hoping that Apple is just slow on updating their order status. . . if not. . . that's lame, big time!
17" MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 320G HD | 8 GB RAM | 10.10.3

wintermute1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2005, 10:53 PM

Well, I went out thinking it would take my mind off it. Came back. No difference in status. I suppose I will tear a "strip off" someone on Apple's 800 number when it *doesn't* arrive tomorrow.

Is it so difficult for them to ship things on time?

SeminalGeek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2005, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Buck_W
Well put! I ordered my copy on the 12th at 5:48 am and with just a little more than an hour left on April 28. . . my order status remains: Preparing Shipment. Obviously I am hoping that Apple is just slow on updating their order status. . . if not. . . that's lame, big time!
Both of my orders said preparing shipment for days. Last night I received my email on my Family Pack that showed it had actually been shipped out at 1:30PM and I didn't receive the email and status change until 11:00PM.

My server version email just came at 9:00PM tonight, but said it had been sent out yesterday at 2:00PM.

I feel there is hope for everyone according to these events!
14" 1.33Ghz iBook
17" 1.67Ghz PB
20" 1.8Ghz G5 iMac
2x2Ghz G5 PowerMac with 23" Alu Display
2X2Ghz G5 PowerMac headless server
40GB iPod

shearm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2005, 10:54 PM

i guess i shouldnt have worried. until 7 pm east coast time thursday night, it still said processing shipping and 2 day air. now (10:45 pm), it says shipped and fedex indicates it shipped priority overnight, with delivery by 10:30 am friday.

great job apple.

mrpuddles
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2005, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by michaelb
Arrived here in Sydney, Australia... Friday morning about 10:30 am.

It also came with an iWork '05 trial version (top left of photo).

Did everyone else get this?

Same items here.

turboSPE
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2005, 10:57 PM

Turns out mine shipped the 27th. I never got an e-mail or anything. I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

turboSPE

generationfourt
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2005, 11:25 PM

happily using tiger right now!!!

asodamiac
Senior User
Apr 28, 2005, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by shearm
i guess i shouldnt have worried. until 7 pm east coast time thursday night, it still said processing shipping and 2 day air. now (10:45 pm), it says shipped and fedex indicates it shipped priority overnight, with delivery by 10:30 am friday.

great job apple.
is this the full version or the upgrade version? and when did you place your order?

as of now.. mine is still being processed..
Dell 2408WFP

MacPsycho
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 12:04 AM

Just recieved my copy of Tiger direct from Apple. Sent on 28th arrived 29th @ 1:30pm Melbourne, Aust time.

Yeah!
AlPB 17" G4 1.33 | 512MB | SD | 80GB

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2005, 12:07 AM

mine shipped on wednesday....i've been lopoking at the fedex site and the shipment has not changed since very early this morning - "5:41 AM Arrived at FedEx location OAKLAND, CA" - nothing since that...I assume it has gone somewhere over the last 16 hours and that fedex just has not updated...but it still has to go through canada customs too....i am not so confident that i will get mine tomorrow (even though they have always come through before)
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Simon
Posting Junkie
Apr 29, 2005, 03:08 AM

Mine's out for delivery. Looks like I'll have it by lunch time. Apple kept its promise after all.

an0therdumbsn
Apr 29, 2005, 04:21 AM

haha wow i just checked one last time before going to sleep and i have been upgraded to shipped!
i was so expecting to see "processing order" that i nearly closed the window.
I have a tracking number but still no e-mail confirm / seminar invite.
im so happy right now, i live in vegas which isnt to far from where its being shipped so i pary to get it sometime tomorrow.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Apr 29, 2005, 05:29 AM

Got it!

GreyArea
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 05:52 AM

"Not yet dispatched" from Amazon.co.uk.

I hate everyone...
Jim
I'm Old Peculiar and so is my beer.

pity
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 05:57 AM

ordered my copy on the 26th
recieved confirmation right away that it would arrive on the 29th
got shipping verification this morning the 29th
will arrive on may 2nd not today
will send it back when I get it now and hello bit torrent

Randman
Posting Junkie
Apr 29, 2005, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by pity
ordered my copy on the 26th
recieved confirmation right away that it would arrive on the 29th
got shipping verification this morning the 29th
will arrive on may 2nd not today
will send it back when I get it now and hello bit torrent
Loser.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

stesteG5
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by GreyArea
"Not yet dispatched" from Amazon.co.uk.

I hate everyone...

give it til next wednesday/thurs, they may be cheaper but i HATE what amazon calls 1 buisness day, ends up being 5 days.

Hope it appears for you soon.

Ordered with apple 13/4 out today for delivery
Kind Regards

STE

:: Imac 20" G5, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, BT, APT, Yadda Yadda :P ::
:: 60GB IPOD PHOTO, Harman Kardon Soundstick 2. ISIGHT :) ::

Forum Links
Forum Rules