Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac built-in microphone and power supply

iMac built-in microphone and power supply
megasad
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 11, 2006, 09:58 AM

I've looked on Apple's site, I've searched this forum and I've used Google and I can't find the answers to two little questions that I have about the new Intel iMacs. Someone with one of the new iMacs, if you could answer these questions, I would appreciate it.

1 - Where is the built-in microphone located? Is it part of the iSight camera?

2 - Is there an external power supply brick, or just a simple lead?

Thank you!
BayBook (13" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD) // BayPhone (iPhone 4, 32GB, black)

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2006, 10:10 AM

The inbuilt mic is located about 5mm to the right of the edge of the isight camera. No there is no external power supply brick, it is a simple power lead that connects to the power management unit built into the iMac.
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

ajprice
Professional Poster
Feb 11, 2006, 10:17 AM

1 - The microphone is to the side of the iSight camera.

2 - http://www.apple.com/imac/design.html
Though it’s hard to believe, iMac’s slim shape contains everything from the power supply (no unsightly power brick to deal with)...

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2006, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by harrisjamieh
The inbuilt mic is located about 5mm to the right of the edge of the isight camera. No there is no external power supply brick, it is a simple power lead that connects to the power management unit built into the iMac.
My bad, the inbuilt mic is about 5mm to the left of the iSight
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

megasad  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 11, 2006, 10:50 AM

Thank you to all.
BayBook (13" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD) // BayPhone (iPhone 4, 32GB, black)

Forum Links
Forum Rules