Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Address book from Outlook.com to iCloud help please

Address book from Outlook.com to iCloud help please
Chinasaur
Senior User
Mar 3, 2015, 06:38 PM

So, I deleted my entire iCloud address book from a linked Blackberry I was clearing. Just zoned and deleted them forgetting it was linked. So all my iClould contacts on computer and iPhone were gone.

Luckily, I had just synced an Outlook.com account on a Windows phone so I have a good backup. But, the .csv I export from Outlook.com does not import into my iMac cleanly/correctly, and I can't figure out (if there even is a way) how to get the clean contacts on my iPhone from the Outlook account to auto-populate into my iCloud account.

Thanks so very much and any help would be very much appreciated and sorry for the hassle!
iMac - Late 2015 iMac, 32GB RAM
MacBook - 2010 MacBook, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM

jrgjohnson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 6, 2015, 02:50 PM

This can be done quite easily now (since the release of the outlook app). download the free outlook app from the app store. add outlook.com account. sync contacts they will replicate to the address book on the iPhone and replicate to iCloud...turn the sync off on the outlook app. and you will have your contacts permanently stored on iPhone and iCloud

Forum Links
Forum Rules