Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Strange screen issue

Strange screen issue
TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 04:29 AM

I just bought a 12" iBook about a week ago, and I've been absolutely loving it (my first Mac ever). However, I've noticed something a little odd about the screen. The very bottom of the screen, covering about half of the dock, is just slightly darker than the rest. It's barely noticeable, but it is definitely there. At first I thought it was just the dock's shadow, but I noticed that it was permanent. Is this something I should ignore, or what? The nearest Apple store is a significant drive from here, and I am without a car (on a college campus). Maybe I'm just nitpicking... thoughts?

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

bourgeoisie
Jan 27, 2006, 04:51 AM

i'd say if it's pretty noticeable, exchange it while you're still within a few days of purchase. there's always the potential for it to get worse. even if you can live with it, it will pretty much kill your resale value down the road since the lcd isn't an easily replaceable item. good luck
green links don't belong to me!

Forum Links
Forum Rules