Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > So... this dog just followed me home last night!

So... this dog just followed me home last night!
Cubeoid
Baninated
Nov 24, 2005, 11:33 PM

Last night I went to the bar had some beers with friends and had a pretty good time. Until the time came when I was returning home. Ok, here's the scenario. The time was about 2:45 AM and I decided to walk home to save moneys and not catch a cab. It was a long walk, but I made it (albeit with anger included).

At about the halfway point, this dog OUT of NOWHERE just runs up to me in the middle of the night on a lonely street and I'm just standing there scared not moving hoping he doesn't bite me, so he walks up to a still Cubeoid and smells him (me) , and just continues standing there. So I'm standing there and he's standing there, we're looking at each other.

He looked exactly like this..maybe a little greyer and darker, he sure was ugly.

So when I see he's not gonna bite me, I start slowly walking away. And get this.. the bastard starts following me! I keep walking hoping he'll go away, and he just keeps following and following. I picked up to a light jog, and get this..the dogger increases speed too. Man, I was getting pretty angry at the moment hoping he would just go away, it was also raining.

So, this continues, 20 minutes later and he's still following me, across traffic lights, train crossings etc. I think to myself, "man, what is this stupid dog thinking, he is so NOT going home with me"

Suddenly we approach a bush near a tree, and he looks intersted and jumps inside, after some russling, he jumps at something, by this time I keep walking a little scared hoping his attention was diverted, only to turn around to see the idiot dog with a dead possum in his mouth So I stop and look at him, and he's just standing there in the middle of the footpath, dead possum in his mouth, staring at me..I'm like "Jesus Christ" and he drops the bleeding possum body on to the footpath and sneezes (or something).

After like 20 more minutes (it was a long walk home, across several burbs) the bastard is still there, stopping every few meters to sniff treess (for more possums to kill???!) and running back up to catch up with me.. I was cursing all the way home. So... as we approach my street I'm all like "you gotta be fricking kidding me man" and as we get to my appartment building, I walk in the building door, and shut the door in his ass and go up to my appartament.

What a night. Just horrible.

Sage
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2005, 12:09 AM

Can I keep it?

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2005, 12:29 AM

So that IS the dog or that IS NOT the dog?

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2005, 12:37 AM

Thats a dog that looks like his dog.

Maybe you should keep the dog. Any and all possum problems you have will soon be gone!

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 25, 2005, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cubeoid
I'm like "Jesus Christ"

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2005, 12:41 AM

How the hell do you find a pic of a mutt that looks like a mutt you just met? Google will eat YOU Cubeoid.

Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2005, 01:29 AM

Perhaps he was trying to feed you, alternatively he might have been a Google minion.

Cubeoid  (op)
Baninated
Nov 25, 2005, 02:42 AM

Needless to say.. walking the long distance home in the rain with some dog following me, I developed blisters on my feet (around the toes) which I've sinced sliced opened, letting hot puss liquid flow out, exposing the raw flesh beneath... god it hurts me so much!

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2005, 03:08 AM

You should've called 911.

(Not really, but people do for stuff like that... And worse).
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

Cubeoid  (op)
Baninated
Nov 25, 2005, 03:50 AM

Throughout the ordeal, I wanted to catch a cab just to lose that mut, but I think cab drivers saw him and ignored me. Grrrr. Man. Why did he follow me??!?

brapper
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2005, 04:17 AM

adopt him.
bitches.

Veronica
Forum Regular
Nov 25, 2005, 04:43 AM

So you're angry about some dog taking a liking of you?? God, what a cruel world you live in!

Cubeoid  (op)
Baninated
Nov 25, 2005, 05:40 AM

Ok. Veronica, it was the middle of the night and I was having a relaxing drunken walk home. How would you react?

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2005, 05:46 AM

I would have stopped to pet the dog. Or buy him dinner. Dogs need friends too.

Azzgunther
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 25, 2005, 06:27 AM

Me is thinking that is a cute story Cuboid. Do you hate doggies?

Cubeoid  (op)
Baninated
Nov 25, 2005, 06:40 AM

Cubeoid hates no things. Cubeoid is emanciparion of love....ohh yeeaa.!

Azzgunther
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 25, 2005, 07:16 AM

I figured your story would end something like one of Cody Dawg's stories; "and so I let the dog in and gave it a warm bath and meat from the refridgerator and a haircut and found it a loving family with 3 beautiful children on a farm."

But it didn't. At all.

Cubeoid  (op)
Baninated
Nov 25, 2005, 07:21 AM

Well ya.. Well ya.. yo..uh True dat Azzgunther..True dat! Well yo.. WeLCoMe tO CuBeOiDiA!!!!!111oneone

natural1
Nov 25, 2005, 07:27 AM

Dogs that lose their owners (i.e. get dumped by the roadside) need to re-establish themselves in a 'pack' (remember - dogs are basically domesticated wolves and need to exist in a social setting, it's just that dogs see humans as the alpha 'wolf'). So, this dog wanted to be part of your pack. Pretty sad that your reaction was one of utter disdain for this poor creature. You should call your local animal rescue organization and tell them that there is a dog in need of a home - that is if you're really all about the emancipation of love...drunk of not.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2005, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by natural1
You should call your local animal rescue organization and tell them that there is a dog in need of a home - that is if you're really all about the emancipation of love...drunk of not.
That would have been the correct reaction.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2005, 10:34 AM

I'm just happy to know that you are alright Cubeoid. You are correct it is best to not hate. My friend.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2005, 11:27 AM

Hi Cubeoid:

I wish I had that dog. I'd take good care of him and find a good home for him. He obviously wanted a home and love and maybe a good meal. Maybe just a friend, too. Cats will often bring home a dead mouse or bird and drop it at your feet as a gesture of friendship and sometimes dogs will do the same. Maybe that's why he caught the opossum, you know? He just wanted you to love him.

Sigh.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2005, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
Hi Cubeoid:

I wish I had that dog. I'd take good care of him and find a good home for him. He obviously wanted a home and love and maybe a good meal. Maybe just a friend, too. Cats will often bring home a dead mouse or bird and drop it at your feet as a gesture of friendship and sometimes dogs will do the same. Maybe that's why he caught the opossum, you know? He just wanted you to love him.

Sigh.
I know that you would Cody. We should be nice to Cubeoid and try to understand. Apparently he was just trying to be careful. Hopefully someone as nice as you found the dog and caring for the dog now.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Forum Links
Forum Rules