Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > split my iPod shuffle in half!

split my iPod shuffle in half!
dreamBweaver
Forum Regular
Feb 10, 2005, 02:00 PM

i was sitting with my powerbook on my bed, and bumped into the shuffle which was charging. bam, it split off, dangling from the usb port.

the usb wire kept it together and i snapped it back into place.

now i'm backing up teh data. if it stops working, i'll get a free replacment this week.

so get an iPod shuffle dock or a USB extension cable or be more careful. this thing is plastic and very breakable. not very impressed. but it's also my fault.
Looking forward.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Feb 11, 2005, 04:30 AM

My condolences. I have had great fears of someone/something colliding with a connected firewire or usb chord, so I can only imagine how bothered you are. I am always a bit on edge when anything is connected to the front ports of my G5, and I would be an absolute basket case if I ever left a shuffle charging in front. I have yet to see one IRL, but the way it plugs in and sticks out I can envision someone tripping over it and damaging either the pod or the Mac.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

dreamBweaver  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2005, 10:02 PM

ya, it works fine now. but i'm using an extension cable for now on and recommend that or the dock.

computers shouldn't have pointy objects sticking out of them.

aiwa released a bluetooth shuffle sized 256mb player a while ago. *when* will apple
Looking forward.

Forum Links
Forum Rules