Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > You won't believe this!!!

You won't believe this!!!
niko
Forum Regular
Feb 8, 2002, 02:41 AM

I sent my TiBook 667 last week to Apple to upgrade to the combo drive and I got it back today. That's the good news.

The bad news is that when I opened the shipping box I immediately noticed a huge dent on the lid of the laptop!! A dent?@#$@!!!

Well the good news is that after calling AppleCare, Apple is going to pick up my computer on Monday and replace the panel. Phew!!!

It just sucks that I have to be without my laptop for another 5 days.

shadybirdstan
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 8, 2002, 03:13 AM

Sure does.

Apple fixed my TiPB in 1 day and had it sent out immediately so I would have only been without it for a total of 3.

Of course Apple sent it to the wrong addres and Airborne has since been ****ing me hard, "The overnight guarantee isn't valid once the address changes". A$$hole$!!!!!!!!

skyman
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2002, 10:31 PM

Originally posted by shadybirdstan:
<STRONG>Sure does.

Apple fixed my TiPB in 1 day and had it sent out immediately so I would have only been without it for a total of 3.

Of course Apple sent it to the wrong addres and Airborne has since been ****ing me hard, "The overnight guarantee isn't valid once the address changes". A$$hole$!!!!!!!!</STRONG>
A complaint with the BBB will get their attention.
MacBookPro 1.83GHz - 1.5 GB RAM - OS 10.4.6

Suckudora Saintjames
Banned
Feb 13, 2002, 11:45 PM

I'm Suckudora Saintjames.

msykes
Senior User
Feb 14, 2002, 01:32 AM

Originally posted by shadybirdstan:
<STRONG>Sure does.

Of course Apple sent it to the wrong addres and Airborne has since been ****ing me hard, "The overnight guarantee isn't valid once the address changes". A$$hole$!!!!!!!!</STRONG>
Ha! I "love" some of these shipping companies. I had something shipped via UPS 2nd day early december a couple years ago... and it didn't arrive in 2 days. I called to complain, when I was informed that over the entire holiday period (which I think started at thanksgiving), shipment times were NOT guaranteed!

WTF?! Maybe I was fed a load of bull by someone who didn't want to deal... but I've avoided UPS like the plague ever since.

I've had good luck with Airborne via Outpost.com... but have heard tons of bad stories. FedEx is the only way to go.

Thunderbird
Senior User
Feb 14, 2002, 09:58 AM

Last year we had a big snowstorm in mid-December. I sent 400 packages by Airborne Express overnight. Some were out of town, but most were local packages (going less than 15 miles total.) It took 3 days for any of the local packages to arrive! The excuse given was that the snow had caused major delays at the airport!!

nick h
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2002, 07:26 PM

Twice I've shipped my Ti400 to Apple for repairs and it came back with a new problem that was attributed to shipping.

Oh well, I wouldn't call Better Business Bureau on them...
Roam: iBook (Dual USB) ~ 600Mhz, 384MB, 15GB, DVD, 12.1", OS X

Forum Links
Forum Rules