Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Losing my patience with Epson

Losing my patience with Epson
skeedog98
Nov 8, 2001, 04:52 PM

Well I have been awaiting Monday, November 5 ever since Epson posted that drivers for the Stylus Color 900G under OS X would be available. Well Monday came and went and the drivers were not posted. I was patient since the ones from the previous weeks had been posted, I thought it would happen sometime this week. Well I check today and there it says that the printers with drivers scheduled for release this week were up. When I went to get the Stylus 900G driver it was not there. I check the list again and the Stylus 900 driver which was listed as posted last week had been moved down to this week and the 900G had been removed. Now I am right pissed with Epson. One would think that the 900 driver would work since I thought the 900G was a 900 in a translucent graphite shell. Has anyone got a 900G working under OSX? Does anyone have an e-mail address or 800# for Epson? I am sure glad I wasted the money on this printer, I will know next time to buy the cheap one, like the 740, since those drivers have been out for some time now.

Xool
Nov 9, 2001, 03:16 AM

I used to love Epson over HP because of their superior Mac support, but lately Epson's dropped the ball. HP is even making complete drivers for their all-in-one machines, meanwhile Epson won't even commit to supporting their own AIO models.

Yes, they need to get on the OS X bandwagon. Apple needs to get their asses in line!

squiggy
Nov 9, 2001, 04:11 AM

Originally posted by skeedog98:
<STRONG>One would think that the 900 driver would work since I thought the 900G was a 900 in a translucent graphite shell. Has anyone got a 900G working under OSX? Does anyone have an e-mail address or 800# for Epson?</STRONG>
The 900 driver should work with your printer since the 900G is just the 900 with the graphite lid (and the 900N is the 900 with a network card). Open the Print Center and click the Add Printer button. You have to choose Epson USB in the pop-up menu, and then your 900G should show up as recognized.

I have occasional problems with the print queue (someone said this is due to having the classic drivers installed, but I print from classic apps so can't get rid of them just yet).

skeedog98  (op)
Nov 9, 2001, 11:26 AM

Yesterday was a hard day after a lot of testing and I just wanted my printer to work, well I had not noticed the Epson USB in the list had just tried USB, so now it seems to work. I had thought that the 900 driver would work since they are the same but Epson had posted two seperate drivers, and there is not OS X driver download on the 900G page. Anyway, possibly it might work now. I just have too much to do this semester, especially if I ever want to graduate. Now I have to get on Keyspan about the DMR. There final OS X app is out for it but it never wants to install.

Forum Links
Forum Rules