Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Bought Apple BT Keyboard and Mouse

Bought Apple BT Keyboard and Mouse
nobitacu
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2004, 07:10 PM

Hello,

I've been using my Apple BT Keyboard and Mouse for about two weeks now, and so far after using it for two week, I'm starting to get used to them now. Only thing I didn't like about the keyboard is that sometimes after you type for, a letter will get suck, as it'll keep on typing out that letterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr until you turn off the keyboard and back on to solve it. It has happened to me 3 times so far in the past 2 weeks, so, at least it doesn't happen that much. As for the mouse, the only thing I don't like with it is that my side hold buttons to hold the click down doesn't not work. Even if you use full force of holding those damn two buttons down on the side, it still won't hold my click down.

Anyways, just thought I share my experiences with you all about Apple's BT Keyboard and Mouse.

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2004, 11:38 PM

i am still hesitant to drop that kind of cash on something so simple. if they did a combo deal with both the mouse and keyboard, like logitech, and if i had a PB then i might consider it.

glad to hear that you enjoy it thou.

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 7, 2004, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by nobitacu:
[BAs for the mouse, the only thing I don't like with it is that my side hold buttons to hold the click down doesn't not work. Even if you use full force of holding those damn two buttons down on the side, it still won't hold my click down.
[/B]
You are still keeping your finger on the main "button" though, right? The side thingies aren't really buttons at all, just a place to grab on to when you lift the mouse. There are no electronics whatsoever attached to the side hold buttons.
Since the whole case is the "button," you can't just lift anywhere like you can with a more conventional (non-Apple) mouse. The two plastic pieces on the side allow you to lift the mouse with the rest of the button/case in the down position.

slider
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2004, 09:11 PM

I have the Apple BT keyboard and I have not had the problem with stcking keys you seem to be having. I opted for a third party BT mouse.

nobitacu  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2004, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by Cadaver:
You are still keeping your finger on the main "button" though, right? The side thingies aren't really buttons at all, just a place to grab on to when you lift the mouse. There are no electronics whatsoever attached to the side hold buttons.
Since the whole case is the "button," you can't just lift anywhere like you can with a more conventional (non-Apple) mouse. The two plastic pieces on the side allow you to lift the mouse with the rest of the button/case in the down position.
Yes, I know that, but the two plastic pieces on the side does not allow me to lift the mouse with the rest of the button/case in the down position, no matter if I'm grabing on to it, or pushin down on it, it just doesn't work. This works fine by the way with my wired Apple Mouse. So maybe my Apple BT Mouse is also retarded. Hmmm... Apple's quality is slipping than. At least for me.

Ming
( Last edited by nobitacu; Mar 7, 2004 at 10:02 PM. )

nobitacu  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2004, 10:01 PM

Originally posted by slider:
I have the Apple BT keyboard and I have not had the problem with stcking keys you seem to be having. I opted for a third party BT mouse.
Hmmm, maybe I should turn in my Apple BT Keyboard for replacement since this one might be retarded.

Ming

AC Rempt
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 7, 2004, 11:18 PM

I have a BT Apple keyboard, a refurb that I bought at the Apple Store here in town, and it rocks. My typos are greatly reduced form the MacAlly iceKey I was using, and I have none of the problems listed above. And since it was a refurb, it was only $45.
Good deal all around.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 8, 2004, 02:06 AM

Originally posted by AC Rempt:
My typos are greatly reduced form the MacAlly iceKey...
sorry man, i laughed.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 8, 2004, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by slider:
Which mouse did you get? And does it work with the D-Link Bluetooth Adapter?

Crusoe
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2004, 05:14 AM

I'm using the BT Keyboard with my Rev A 17". I've only had it a week and l have had a key stick once. I just hit another key to stop it. Overall it's great, typing is very smooth. I'm out of usb ports, powermate on one and currently using a graphire so the keyboard was an obvious choice (not big on using external usb hubs, but considering a pccard solution). I didn't get the mouse cause of poor battery life. I also don't like the mouse due to the lack of built-in rechargable battery.

The ideal solution for me would be a bluetooth mouse with rechargeable battery that recharges through a USB cable and or FW (and works as a usb/fw mouse).
( Last edited by Crusoe; Mar 10, 2004 at 09:36 AM. )
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

AC Rempt
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 11, 2004, 12:57 AM

Originally posted by d4nth3m4n:
sorry man, i laughed.
You just know that you're doomed to do that when talking about the lack of typos . . .

nobitacu  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 07:06 AM

Yea, and my key stuck thing isn't just me either. There are others who posted on Apple's forum that also has this problem. My key stroke would get stuck once every few days. I hope Apple will fix this stupid problem soon. No one know the cause for this problem.

Ming

Parky
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 11:36 AM

I have the same problem with my Apple BT Mouse.

On the original Pro mouse that came with my iMac you could press down the button, grip the two side sections and then you can pick up the mouse and still be clicked down.
In effect what is happening is this - the two side sections are attached to the lower moving part of the mouse, which means you can actually click by pulling the sections upwards.

This is needed for the times when you run out of desk or mousemat and you still need to have something 'clicked'.

Unfortunately this really does not work as well on the BT mouse. In fact it is almost impossible to use the two side sections on my BT mouse. It seems as though they are placed too high in the mouse and they don't have space to move upwards.

I can live with it, but I suggest you try one first before you buy one.

Ian
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

Forum Links
Forum Rules