Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Everyone's seen this video right?

Everyone's seen this video right?
bfurtado
Sep 9, 2004, 10:49 AM

I just noticed the video located here:
http://www.apple.com/imac/video/480.html
I was so anxious to post it that I did a quick and dirty search. Sorry if its been mentioned already.

By the way, just sold the PC and will order iMac G5 1.8Ghz this week or next, to compliment my 12" PB. Full conversion now and no more PCs. EVER!!!

Brian

Dave N
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 9, 2004, 05:24 PM

I tried -- I really did. But I just couldn't stomach the music or the images any more after about 7 seconds...

greenamp
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2004, 06:21 PM

I love that video. I hope we see a TV version of it soon

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 9, 2004, 06:22 PM

I feel that the video is nauseating as well. Looking past the terrible music and terrible interview with the band behind the music, there was almost a total lack of information about the machine itself.
( Last edited by Lateralus; Sep 9, 2004 at 06:45 PM. )
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 05:59 AM

i like the editing done .. but .. yeah .. not much info .. then again .. it's not supposed to inform you .. only to pull you in to find out more

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Andrew Stephens
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2004, 10:28 AM

pushes the iPod connection pretty hard doesn't it. Which is probably smart as many people only know Apple as that company that make teh iPOD.

Interesting to see if they finally get the halo effect that they've been trying for. Can't hurt that the design is so similar.

Krusty
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2004, 03:52 PM

I think Joswiak comes across a little better than Rubenstein or Schiller who used to be the "other" commentator to Ives. Ives, bless his snappy-designs, its starting to get a little repetitive on the whole "It so basic, so essential, and so obvious that it just gets out of your way" line. Hasn't he said almost exactly the same thing about EVERY Apple design for the last 5 years ?? Just once I'd like to see him comment on an Apple product and say "Its so radical, so 'busy' and complex, so full of options that just looking at it is almost as intense as trying to use it. Its design is so completely in-your-face that you won't even care what's running on it"

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2004, 12:46 AM

Originally posted by Krusty:
Ives, bless his snappy-designs, its starting to get a little repetitive on the whole "It so basic, so essential, and so obvious that it just gets out of your way" line. Hasn't he said almost exactly the same thing about EVERY Apple design for the last 5 years ??
You nailed it.

Not to mention that the guy has had some success... you'd think that he'd shower and shave knowing that he was going to be doing a video spot on the iMac. Whenever he appears on that video, I swear I can smell him.

As for this "From the maker of the iPod" crap, it is completely unnecessary. I think it looks desperate. All Apple had to do was put a little blip about the new iMac on the iTunes music store, and maybe some other promotions like a "Buy a song, enter to win a new iMac" contest.

Forum Links
Forum Rules