Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Resetting Preview instead of Acrobat in Safari

Resetting Preview instead of Acrobat in Safari
slider
Mac Elite
Dec 17, 2005, 12:39 PM

Hello all,
How do I reset Preview as the default PDF reader after I, at some point, made acrobat the default reader in Safari. My issue with acrobat is that it will not allow me to save some PDFs when I print. So, for example, there is a PDF form which can be filled out, but it can not be saved as a PDF, so being a Mac user, I just hit print, which is the only way to save the form (hard copy) thinking I could then just save as a PDF instead, well, acrobat won't let me do that. Yes the options is there, but when I try and do it a I get a Safari ( I think it's Safari ) saying that I can't save...... and to use the save feature instead. Assuming this is something Adobe put in place, I expect that Preview will not do this, of course I might run it to something else like not being able to fill out a form in Preview. Anyways, how do I reset it? If it works it works, if not, well, something else then.

Thx

Forum Links
Forum Rules