Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Runtime error when installing software

Runtime error when installing software
ValVashon
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 14, 2012, 07:19 PM

Subject is a B&W G3 running 10.4.11, just installed over 10.3.9 so it was actually installed as an "upgrade" instead of a full install.

Problem is with trying to install either of two music scheduling programs, MegaSeg or RadioLogic DJ. I get the following errors when I try to launch them:

Both were downloaded with Safari and unpacked with Archive unpack or whatever the Apple utility for this is. I've run disk utility and repaired permissions. I haven't yet tried to install anything else.

Any ideas?

Val

jmiddel
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2012, 08:33 PM

You just downloaded them? If so, are they compatible with a G3?

ValVashon  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 14, 2012, 09:02 PM

Yes- both programs say they are compatible with G3 models and 10.4. I have been in contact with MegaSeg and they have verified that a B&W G3 with a 300 mhz processor and 10.4.11 should be able to open and run their software.

I just downloaded an appropriate copy of Opera on the G3 and it worked just fine.

???

Val

jmiddel
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 17, 2012, 07:11 PM

The error refers to XCode, maybe your install of 10.4 did not include it. You may need to download it here https://developer.apple.com/xcode/ and install it for those apps to work.

Forum Links
Forum Rules