Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > many-up on a page - got to be a better way

many-up on a page - got to be a better way
AWShuttleworth
Aug 18, 2004, 12:18 PM

OK, there's got to be a better way to do this. I'm constantly finding myself manually putting many copies of something up on a page (a business card or what have you), and figuring out the bleeds and crop marks myself. I've got an InDesign plugin that takes care of booklet and book imposition for me - surely there's one that can do this?

Any help? I am sick of the tedium!
Hi. Nice to see you. You look lovely.

Thorzdad
Aug 23, 2004, 09:46 PM

The easiest thing, at least for common things like business cards, would be to layout one set and then save that as a template for future jobs.
also...
Illustrator comes with a ton of templates for this purpose.

Or am I missing what you're asking for?

almaink
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 24, 2004, 03:48 PM

Step and repeat works fine here.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Aug 24, 2004, 03:56 PM

Unless you are printing them yourself, I'm not sure about about other print shops, but we prefer you just send us a file one up and we do the imposition in Preps or Impostrip. Of course if you need to do it your self, the best thing we have found over the years is Xpert Item Marks (not sure if they make for InDesign) and Step & Repeat

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Aug 26, 2004, 01:44 AM

Originally posted by KeriVit:
Unless you are printing them yourself, I'm not sure about about other print shops, but we prefer you just send us a file one up and we do the imposition in Preps or Impostrip. Of course if you need to do it your self, the best thing we have found over the years is Xpert Item Marks (not sure if they make for InDesign) and Step & Repeat
Yah, every printer I've ever talked to has said the same thing.

I've learned more talking to their guys then from my years in college regarding design mechanics.

Forum Links
Forum Rules