Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > CS2 to CS 4 Upgrade or Box

CS2 to CS 4 Upgrade or Box
steveinva
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 29, 2010, 10:14 PM

Hi,
I have a G5 dualcore with a PowerPC cpu -- NON intel. I want to upgrade my Adobe CS2
My G5 is not compatible with CS5. Gotta stop at CS4...

Can I buy a reasonably priced upgrade -- CS2 to CS4?
Any idea where...how much??

THANKS

-Q-
Jul 29, 2010, 10:52 PM

A quick Google shopping search reveals it still for sale, but I wouldn't call the pricing anywhere near "reasonable."

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 30, 2010, 12:30 AM

Make sure you get the correct upgrade from CS & CS2 to CS4. Avoid CS3 to CS4 upgrades, otherwise the installer is going to ask you for a CS3 serial which you don't have. So, you would need to know the exact Manufacturer Part Number, try to speak to Adobe customer service (not that I think they're going to be much of help) 1-800-833-6687 and ask for that number.

cgc
Professional Poster
Jul 30, 2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by -Q- View Post
A quick Google shopping search reveals it still for sale, but I wouldn't call the pricing anywhere near "reasonable."
I don't think anyone would ever consider Adobe's pricing "reasonable." BTW, did you make sure you were looking at the non-Intel version, I think the OP has a PowerPC (that's not Intel)

Mac Write
Mac Elite
Aug 3, 2010, 02:15 AM

Adobe should still offer the CS4 upgrade via their online store. Just search for it (this is what I did when I went from PS4 > CS2 and then got the free upgrade to CS3 as CS3 couldn't be upgraded from PS4. $199 is the normal upgrade price for standard and $399 for Extended (or maybe $349).
( Last edited by Mac Write; Aug 3, 2010 at 02:24 AM. )
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

Forum Links
Forum Rules