Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > The political lounge seems to have disappeared

The political lounge seems to have disappeared
Dual Porpoise
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2008, 11:36 AM

Any idea why?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 20, 2008, 12:31 PM

A magician never reveals his or her secrets.

Dual Porpoise  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2008, 12:55 PM

Is it a tradition of this forum to be hostile and obtuse with new members, or is there some arcane golden rule I have broken to incur your ire? I don't think I've ever encountered a forum as unwelcoming and rude as this one.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 20, 2008, 01:17 PM

Sorry Dual, my remark was just meant to be silly and flip. Could you be more specific about what you mean by "disappeared"? Part of my initial reaction was not to interpret what you were saying literally. I suppose that a mod could make the forum invisible to you in response to something you said or did there, but hopefully they would notify you of this if this were so (although this isn't always a given).

Dual Porpoise  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2008, 01:35 PM

Sorry - disappeared, in that when I am logged in it is not there - when I log out it reappears. I can't imagine what I might have said there that would cause a mod to do that, and they have certainly not said anything to that effect.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 20, 2008, 01:37 PM

So what happens when you try to go to the forum URL?

http://forums.macnn.com/political-war-lounge/

Dual Porpoise  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2008, 02:11 PM

Dual Porpoise, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 20, 2008, 02:15 PM

So you were booted out and not offered the chance for any dialogue. Welcome to MacNN.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2008, 02:30 PM

Someone did something naughty and they got punished. Welcome to real life.

Dual Porpoise  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2008, 02:34 PM

That's really strange - what for?
( Last edited by Dual Porpoise; Sep 20, 2008 at 02:46 PM. )

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2008, 02:47 PM

Besides, I'm sure If you wish to regain PL access, ask in a few months. Developing a civil post history in the other forums in the meantime would be a big plus!

Dual Porpoise  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2008, 03:09 PM

What does that mean? Which of my posts were not 'civil'? I did not know there was a requirement to post for months in other forums before using the political lounge - is there somewhere I should have read that?
This seems to be part of a pattern of odd behaviors that look like part of a hazing or practical joke - is there something terribly funny I'm not aware of?

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2008, 03:20 PM

You not having a clue?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Sep 20, 2008, 04:04 PM

Don't worry, it's for the better if one gets locked out of the PL.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Sep 20, 2008, 04:06 PM

Shucks. I read the titel and was about to open up a bottle of champagne.

Seriously, this place would be so much nicer w/o the PL or the lounge. Keep it technical and things stay (fairly) civil. Let politics or other nonsense enter and you'll attract a whole bunch of idiots.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2008, 04:07 PM

Looking at your posts it seems to me that you've annoyed VM one too many times.

Dual Porpoise  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2008, 04:23 PM

In what respect? By disagreeing with him?
Wow. I just got a PM from a user who agrees with you that disagreeing with VMarks is probably the root of it. I had no idea that simply holding an opinion that was different from a moderator would result in getting banned. Is that normal around here? You might want to post a sticky on that one.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2008, 04:48 PM

*sigh* cut it out atomicrooster. You've had your fun, now quit it with all these sub accounts.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 20, 2008, 04:50 PM

The explanation is: A ban doesn't go away just because you make another handle to try and evade it. If you feel like you should be let back in, try making a reasonable case. Breaking more rules isn't going to help.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 20, 2008, 04:50 PM

Oh god, not this bullsh!t again...

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2008, 04:55 PM

Only way to stop this bs is to baninate the rooster and dual

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 20, 2008, 05:19 PM

This discussion belongs in the Feedback Forum. Added: I should have paid more attention to where I was when I read this thread. I thought it was in the Lounge for some reason. Obviously it DOES belong in this forum...

Dual Porpoise, as Chuckit points out, privileges to the Political Lounge were removed from your account because there is solid evidence that you are not "new" here but rather someone who was specifically banned from the Political Lounge. Feel free to post in the Feedback Forum how you are quite certainly not some other person. Make a solid, logical, fact-based case for how, in spite of the very large amount of evidence showing that you are indeed an established user, you are not at all that person. Go for it. If you can show us something that establishes that you are indeed a different person, your access will be restored.
( Last edited by ghporter; Sep 23, 2008 at 08:12 PM. )

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules