Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > PHP question

PHP question
KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
Dec 11, 2002, 04:03 PM

Heres the deal. I need 3 .php files for my class. One is a function page, one is the interface page, and one is the output page.

On the func.php page, I have to have a header, footer, and the calculation. Ex:

ShowHeader($header)
ShowFooter()
calcTotal($cost)

On the chap4-1.php page, there should just be a textbox for the cost, with a submit button to go to the final page.

On the final.php page, it should output the calculation, along with the header and footer.

Please note that I have to call the func.php page in all the pages. I have the func.php page set up and started the chap4-1.php page, but I keep getting errors.

If this isn't too confusing to anyone, can you take a look at my code and help me out? Heres a link to the downloads: http://www.dt-design.com/calculation.zip. Thanks!

redJag
Senior User
Dec 11, 2002, 04:48 PM

You silly. When you use the print command and surround what you want in double quotes, don't surround attribute values in double quotes! A solution is to use no quotes at all, or use single quotes (preferred). I have fixed it for you and its lying at

http://frileystangeg4.student.iastat...on/chap4-1.php

It says there is a parse error in the funcs.php, line 31. I'll let you try that one. Good luck!

Travis
fort� web design

edit:// I change my mind, funcs.php is posted in the same directory. I decided I might not be around to help you if you couldn't figure it out. Besides, it was just a missing end-line semicolon

KaptainKaya  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 11, 2002, 10:46 PM

OMG...I swear I looked over it at least 200 times! A big thanks!!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules