Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Pandora Music Website

Pandora Music Website
dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 23, 2006, 11:51 PM

The thread where this site was first mentioned got locked but I wanted to follow up on this conversation with anyone else who is interested.

I am dcmacdaddy on Pandora (Naturally!) and have added a Sigur Ros station as my first one. Any of you got other "stations" you want to recommend. I'll post more of mine here as I add them.
( Last edited by dcmacdaddy; Dec 23, 2006 at 11:58 PM. )
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 23, 2006, 11:54 PM

Your thread title is borked

I like Pandora, too.

I have created myself a "Thievery Corporation" station. Good stuff.

-t

dcmacdaddy  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 23, 2006, 11:57 PM

I've added a shared station (someone else's creation) for Wilco and Bill Evans.

I think the underlying concept is pretty cool. Trying to break down musical creations into readily identifiable "components". It would be cool to have a do-it-yourself section whereby you could pick specific musical "components" you liked and have it create music for you based on those components.

A big to whoever suggested this site. I'm Lovin' it!™
( Last edited by dcmacdaddy; Dec 24, 2006 at 12:09 AM. Reason: freakin' typos everywhere.)
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

dcmacdaddy  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 24, 2006, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Your thread title is borked

I like Pandora, too.

I have created myself a "Thievery Corporation" station. Good stuff.

-t
Ooh, a typo. I hate typos. It's fixed now.

Cool addition for Thievery. Are you sharing that station? If so, what's your name? I tried turtle777 and nothing came up. They are playing a four-night stand at the 9:30 Club in DC this weekend but I waited to long to get tickets. I saw them there last year and they rocked!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 24, 2006, 12:03 AM

Well, you can do it by rating the song or .

Q: When I give song feedback ("I really like this", "I don't like this") what happens?

The playlist that drives your station is immediately changed to take into account your preferences. The songs that play from that point on will change to reflect what you've told us about your musical tastes. This feedback will only affect your current station.
-t

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Dec 24, 2006, 01:05 AM

Pandora's great. They've got a standalone app called PandoraMan that is a minimal window and has all the website's major functions.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 02:38 PM

Zombie, I guess.

Just found the website. This is pretty slick so far, although it seems to repeat songs frequently.

design219
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 03:07 PM

Love Pandora. I find it does repeat more than I think it should, but maybe my "likes" are too specific.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 26, 2007, 10:13 PM

Is it still hardlocked down to the US?

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

design219
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 10:18 PM

What does that mean?

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 26, 2007, 10:34 PM

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for most listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

We believe that you are in Australia (your IP address appears to be 124.186.102.xxx). If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please contact us at [email protected]

If you are a paid subscriber, please contact us at [email protected] and we will issue a pro-rated refund to the credit card you used to sign up. If you have been using Pandora, we will keep a record of your existing stations and bookmarked artists and songs, so that when we are able to launch in your country, they will be waiting for you.

We will be notifying listeners as licensing agreements are established in individual countries. If you would like to be notified by email when Pandora is available in your country, please enter your email address below. The pace of global licensing is hard to predict, but we have the ultimate goal of being able to offer our service everywhere.

We share your disappointment and greatly appreciate your understanding.
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

design219
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 11:12 PM

Sorry about your luck Erik.

Forum Links
Forum Rules