Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Eggdrop

Eggdrop
Teronzhul
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 20, 2001, 12:01 AM

If anyone can get Eggdrop (www.eggheads.org) to run on OS X i'll give you a shiny nickel. here are my problems. eggdrop requires tcl to run, now tcl 8.3 comes installed and works. however, when i ./configure it tells me that it can't find tcl, nor 2 specific files tcl.h or libtcl.a (or libtcl.so) sooo.... (*NIX NEWBIE ALERT) i look for them. well they don't seem to exist. so thinking that this may have something to do with the fact it came preinstalled i downloaded the source and obtained tcl.h, however i'm still missing libtcl.a/libtcl.so anybody more experienced that could help me out?

ps. eggdrop is just an irc bot, but i need it, well not so much need as REALLY want

Teronzhul  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 21, 2001, 09:03 PM

back up you

Forum Links
Forum Rules