Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Classic Platinum Update?????

Classic Platinum Update?????
kwyjiboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 27, 2004, 09:43 PM

It seems as though brushed metal windows have much greater themeability, if you look at a brushed metal window with eXec applied. I may be mistaken, but it appears as though emulating thick window borders like OS9 is very well possible if using Metallifizer. Also, please update the async wait animation. The OS X one sticks out like a sore thumb.
Septuple post! Quadruple word score!

voo
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2004, 10:08 PM

God man you sure do whine alot for the amount of themes going about not meeting to your satisfaction. Why don't you take up theming and design till your heart is content?? It's almost like one of these really bad request threads, soon as new themes or updated themes are out lets look for the next :o

From reading your posts in the past you sure do come accross like some little kid got their chocolate bar stolen because certain parts of the theme is not skinned/completed to your liking.

Slayer-X
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2004, 10:14 PM

As the maintainer of Classic Platinum now, an update will be in the works soon, however that is a huge undertaking, and personally, I am satisfied with the brushed metal windows the way I interpreted them in CP 2.0. To require users to use metallifizer to get a desired effect is unacceptable IMHO so I will not be implementing that style anytime soon. I will explore other possibilities as long as they do not require an outside hack such as Metallifizer. Ideas are welcome and appreciated.

kwyjiboy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 27, 2004, 10:38 PM

Originally posted by voo:
God man you sure do whine alot for the amount of themes going about not meeting to your satisfaction. Why don't you take up theming and design till your heart is content?? It's almost like one of these really bad request threads, soon as new themes or updated themes are out lets look for the next :o

From reading your posts in the past you sure do come accross like some little kid got their chocolate bar stolen because certain parts of the theme is not skinned/completed to your liking.
If I don't request it, nobody will. And the theme designer won't exactly know what people want if they don't provide feedback. Posting here allows others to speak up.

kwyjiboy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 27, 2004, 10:42 PM

Originally posted by Slayer-X:
As the maintainer of Classic Platinum now, an update will be in the works soon, however that is a huge undertaking, and personally, I am satisfied with the brushed metal windows the way I interpreted them in CP 2.0. To require users to use metallifizer to get a desired effect is unacceptable IMHO so I will not be implementing that style anytime soon. I will explore other possibilities as long as they do not require an outside hack such as Metallifizer. Ideas are welcome and appreciated.
Metallifizer wouldn't be required, just optional. There are enough metal windows to see the thick OS9ish border, and see the Aqua-style border. How about including thick borders as a variant? Then it would be optional for the users.

kwyjiboy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 28, 2004, 06:25 PM

that is a huge undertaking, and personally, I am satisfied with the brushed metal windows
So, what are your thoughts on providing both options as theme variations? No rules say you have to pick just one.

Slayer-X
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2004, 08:31 PM

Well seeing as how CP2.0 already holds 20 color variants, to provide both metal window styles would increase it to 40, and that's not logical for file size for one. As I update CP for SS2.0, I will explore other options for the brushed metal window to replace the current style but if I do not like what I am coming up with, then the current style will stay. When I get ready to update the theme I might post pictures of different styles I have in mind and take a vote, see which is more popular by user standards, we shall see. I just do not see it wise to increase the variants past the current 20. I also think efforts are better spent on appskins, which currently CP2.0 has none and I imagine many users would like those.

Another reason I am inclined to shy away from the idea you are suggesting is that there are display issues with metal drawers, the top border, it tends to get very funky looking and even though drawers are not used often, it is still a concern I have.

kwyjiboy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2004, 11:57 PM

Well seeing as how CP2.0 already holds 20 color variants, to provide both metal window styles would increase it to 40, and that's not logical for file size for one. As I update CP for SS2.0, I will explore other options for the brushed metal window to replace the current style but if I do not like what I am coming up with, then the current style will stay. When I get ready to update the theme I might post pictures of different styles I have in mind and take a vote, see which is more popular by user standards, we shall see. I just do not see it wise to increase the variants past the current 20. I also think efforts are better spent on appskins, which currently CP2.0 has none and I imagine many users would like those.

Another reason I am inclined to shy away from the idea you are suggesting is that there are display issues with metal drawers, the top border, it tends to get very funky looking and even though drawers are not used often, it is still a concern I have.
Thanks. I have new hope.

Forum Links
Forum Rules