Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Redcom

Redcom
MARINEOSX
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2005, 02:01 AM

Hello there I am currently trying to find out if there is a way that I can use my mac to program a REDCOM Switch? I know that there has to be a way but I have not looked to far into it. Is there a program that I need to have or will terminal give me the capability to do what I need to? I have 8 shelves with 20 DLN cards and would like something that would be able to give me the capability to program all of these easily. The software that I am currently using allows me to have more than one workstation but I would like to be able to have multiple shell's open for the process of adding terminals and trunks to the database. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Bless those that sacrifice for us all.

rwhiffen
Aug 5, 2005, 01:25 PM

I've only seen one REDCOM switch in real life, and never actually worked on it, but it needed a funky line card in the PC to control it. If you've got the kind with a MCI card that has an RS-232 port you could get something like zTERM and a USB-to-Serial adapter for your ibook. I don't know enough about REDCOM's to say more than that.

Cheers,
Rich Whiffen

MARINEOSX  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2005, 08:02 PM

thank you for the reply my REDCOM system has an ethernet card so that you can plug a computer into it that way. The only problem that I have seen thus far is that ZTerminal does not have a way to connect via IP address. I am not sure how true this is because I have not had the time to search through ZTerminal as in depth as I would like to. I hope that I will be able to next week when I set the switch up again. I should have plenty of time to do some night ops with it. LOL. If anyone knows a little more about ZTerminal or where I could get some help would be great thanks again.
Bless those that sacrifice for us all.

Forum Links
Forum Rules