Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Restoring Main Identity in Office 2004

Restoring Main Identity in Office 2004
Steve SpotOn
Forum Regular
Jun 21, 2006, 06:21 AM

Had a my hard disc fail and I'm now trying to re-install all my apps. Fortunately before it failed I did back up my 'Microsoft User Data'.
I've re-installed Office and tried replacing the 'MUD' folder with my old one but it then comes up with "This identity cannot be opened with this version of Entourage". I've also tried strating afresh with Entourage and using the 'Import' option... this doesn't actually have an option for Office 2004 so I tried 'Entourage X' but this comes up with errors.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.. TIA

Steve

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 21, 2006, 07:17 AM

I would think it would just work, if you've got it in the right place. Was the version of office that you were using before the crash different from the one you have now? By that I mean, had you applied some updates to it? That might account for the message you're getting.

Steve SpotOn  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 21, 2006, 08:51 AM

OK I found that an earlier back up worked OK .... maybe the one I originally tried had got corrupt.
So I'm back up and running (only lost a couple of weeks of work).

Definatley pays to keep more than one back up!

Steve

Forum Links
Forum Rules