Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Non Deliverable Mail

Non Deliverable Mail
Corys
Dedicated MacNNer
May 24, 2000, 04:08 PM

When getting mail bumped back from our mail server, all I get is a message from the postmaster with the subject being non deliverable, it dosen't include a copy of the original message, so it's impossible to tell what message got bumped back...
My ISP says it's a OE Mac Problem...when I check mail with eudora, I get all the info. so it seems like they are correct..
Any thoughts? Suggestions?
TIA
www.prepressforums.com
News & Information for the Prepress Industry

shopdowneast
May 25, 2000, 11:29 AM

You didn't mention what version of OE you are using but--some things you can try.

The original message the mail admin is bouncing back to you may have the the contents of your sent mail enclosed as an attachment. OE may be set to not display attachments. Take a look around the view pane of the message--
Or when you are displaying the mail admin's letters take a look at the source (under edit/source?)
The mail that the server is sending is the same regardless of what client you are trying to read it in- so the source pane should show everything.

Corys  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2000, 01:48 PM

Thanks for the input...the view source option will show me all the info I need, there is not attachment on the email. it seems odd that the info is there but OE is not previewing it...Ohh well..At least I can see which email it was..
BTW I'm on OE 5.01.
www.prepressforums.com

chrogers
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2000, 09:00 PM

Hello, you recently answered a question regarding OE 5.01 and I am writing to ask another. I was just getting ready to write Mactopia and thought I'd give you (with your personal attention) a try. Thanx in advance for your time.

A friend sent me a huge email "Wassabi" with an attachment. I think it is the recent Bud commercial. When I try to open it, a dialog blox pops up saying it has unexpectedly quit due to Type 2 error.

I have a G3 Mac, OS9, 256 MB RAM. I allocated 150 MB RAM to try to open it and "Type 2" dialog still pops up.

I guess I need to remove it without launching OE. I have looked for an Inbox on my HD and not finding it. I have used Netscape for years and about 6 months ago, switched to OE.

Thanx for your time and have a great day.

[This message has been edited by chrogers (edited 05-25-2000).]

Corys  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 26, 2000, 12:19 PM

I belive all your messages are contained in one file called "Messages", so deleting the email without opening OE might not be able to be done.
what you might want to do, is select the message above the "wassabi" and shift select the wassabi message, that way, it will not preview the Quicktime file, then delete both messages..
or you might want to turn of the picture preview option under preferences in the "display" tab
Hope that helps
www.prepressforums.com

shopdowneast
Jun 7, 2000, 12:39 AM

jest posting an update on the "wassabi" giant file attachment. we talked by email-

after all was done the thing that would have fixed it easiest would be to drag the letter (using mouse) from the messages list in upper pane to the "deleted items folder" in the left vetical pane. That would move the message without trying to open or load the attachment. Then run sheduled items, empty deleted items folder and wait till the smoke from the hard drive clears as OE vomits the 3 meg file out of it's database.

Forum Links
Forum Rules