Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > D2 LoD Help! Please

D2 LoD Help! Please
MARINEOSX
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2006, 01:00 PM

I have started playing diablo 2 witht he expansion and I have installed the updates and everything but the expansion characters and items make the game freeze and crash when i play it. is there any way that i can fix this? I have been searching and have found nothing. I have a 17" MBP and I dont want to have to use windows if i dont have to. it is so irritating to have to boot up into windows for anything at all i hate it. any help would be appreciated thank you.
Bless those that sacrifice for us all.

joe
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2006, 01:50 AM

You may want to try running in software mode instead of OpenGL (if you're not already doing so). I doubt that using OpenGL would only affect LoD and not D2 by itself. But it's worth trying since it's such an easy change.

It's possible the problem may be related to your software install. I can't rememeber LoD ever causing a freeze or crash on any of my Macs. There's maybe a small pause while the game spins up your play disc (CD) if you haven't copied over enough of the files to your hard drive. But an all out crash or lockup has never happened to me with D2/LoD. And I bought the game early on - playing it on Macs ranging from OS9/G3 iMac all the way to my current dual G5 Tower running 10.4.8. Maybe another MacIntel owner could post their experience with D2/LoD.

After all this time, D2/LoD is still one of the my personal favorites. It was money well spent! If Blizzard ever releases another expansion pack or modern update to the game (IE more than 800x600 res) I'd buy it sight unseen!! Thanks Blizzard!

Forum Links
Forum Rules