Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Xbox 360 - $175 shipped

FS: Xbox 360 - $175 shipped
RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2007, 02:03 AM

Hey all,

So here's the deal. I'm selling my Xbox 360 system. It was working fully and properly up until today when I bought Assassin's Creed and put it into my Xbox. It said it needed an "update" so I let it run, and then when it rebooted, the Xbox 360 would randomly freeze during gameplay. There hasn't been any sign of a red light, but it just freezes. I tried everything to keep it cool and ventilated and I've tried every solution out there for people, but none has worked. I even went through the trouble of taking off the top casing so that the heat can be dispersed without any problems, however, it still hasn't solved the problem. So... I'm just going to sell the machine. It powers up, green lights, connects to Live, plays the games for a while, but random lock-ups.

So I'm looking to sell it for $175 shipped, tracked, insured via UPS.

Xbox 360 console
Video cable
Power Supply
Original box
An ethernet cable

If you have an offer, PM me.

:::EDIT:::

OK, this Xbox 360 is FOR SALE now. Please read the last post I have on the thread. I setup the 360 on another larger TV and I booted it up. It's the first time I got 3 red lights. I pressed power and shut it down. gave it a few seconds and the 360 booted up normally again. Attached are the photos and video.

The 360 is obviously going to be sold as is to whoever wants to challenge this poor microsoft investment. It is going to be the console, the video cable, the CAT-5 cable, the power bick, and the power cable.

The video will be up shortly.... I'm just waiting for it to finish uploading.

Looking to get the best OFFER shipped and tracked via UPS and paid via Paypal. If you want to TRADE something, that's fine too. I'll trade it for an Icebook 500 or 600 G3 or let me know what you have to trade.

::::EDIT 2::::

Ok! Video is uploaded... here's the link.

I Give Up on this Xbox
( Last edited by RiDDLeRIZE; Jan 1, 2008 at 04:04 PM. )
2.16 C2D Whitebook, 4Gb RAM
2.0 C2D Whitebook, 2Gb RAM
2.16 C2D iMac
1.83 C2D iMac

Uselessdreamer1
Forum Regular
Dec 29, 2007, 01:05 PM

why not send it in?
Macbook 1.83GHZ 1GB RAM 100 HDD
I love my Mac.
White 5g ipod 30gig

goMac
Posting Junkie
Dec 29, 2007, 02:20 PM

Sounds like a bad disc.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

RiDDLeRIZE  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2007, 11:05 PM

No, its not the disc... after the update happened... i put in other games... and it freezes them too. I can't send it in because I removed the top case for "better a better disperse of heat" from what I read online as one of the many solutions to my problem... but now Microsoft won't fix it since the seal has been broken.

Any offers?
2.16 C2D iMac
1.83 C2D iMac

Uselessdreamer1
Forum Regular
Dec 30, 2007, 03:16 PM

is there anyway to "reformat" xboxes?
Macbook 1.83GHZ 1GB RAM 100 HDD
I love my Mac.
White 5g ipod 30gig

jaydon34
Senior User
Dec 30, 2007, 03:26 PM

I would try clearing the cache first. Here's the link. I also had a problem with my xbox freezing until I did this and haven't had a problem since. Try it out.
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

RiDDLeRIZE  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 30, 2007, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Uselessdreamer1 View Post
is there anyway to "reformat" xboxes?
I don't know how to reformat Xboxes. Jaydon, i just tried it... it took like 3 seconds and then it was done. Is that how fast its suppose to be? There hasn't been any difference... i started up assassin's creed.... the opening credits played and I got to the Start screen. I pressed start and it when to "New Game" Then i clicked it and it didn't play. Still no idea what's up with this.
2.16 C2D iMac
1.83 C2D iMac

RiDDLeRIZE  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 1, 2008, 04:08 PM

Ok... i have pictures up and the video link too. Please look at the 360 and make your offer or trade or straight up buy it for my asking price. I'm looking for the best offer if you want to deal. So just let me know.
2.16 C2D iMac
1.83 C2D iMac

cman8
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 3, 2008, 04:32 PM

Ill give you $100

silver
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 3, 2008, 04:49 PM

$175 for a machine that don't work... Kind of overpriced huh. So if the repairs cost about the same as the used machine wouldn't it be more prudent to get a new one that works and has a warranty.

Maybe you should consider dropping the price further to gain any type of interest, but at $175 your really stretching it for a broken 360.

Even for trade it would be difficult to justify sending you a perfectly working G3 for something that's broken, don't you think.
 MBP 17" 2.16ghz, ATI x1600 256, 100GBHD, 2GB ram, 23"AppleLCD

ghostshadow
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 3, 2008, 09:21 PM

I'd be interested if the price wasn't so high.

RiDDLeRIZE  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2008, 11:03 PM

Why not PM me an offer? It is best offer... the price is just for the sake taht this forum requires an asking price.
2.16 C2D iMac
1.83 C2D iMac

Forum Links
Forum Rules