Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: PowerMac G5 Dual 1.85, MACNN MEMBER SPECIAL.

FS: PowerMac G5 Dual 1.85, MACNN MEMBER SPECIAL.
dannyar
Baninated
Jan 9, 2008, 04:52 PM

Ok heres the scoop, got an almost mint condition barely used PowerMac G5 dual,1.85ghz, 1GB Ram (expandable to 16gb), 250GB SATA HD,SuperDrive,Nvidia 6600 256mb, etc. STILL UNDER APPLECARE TILL 2010! Was originally purchased as a gift for ex wife which at the time was working in video production for univision. She never took a liking to it and actually packed it away like new after 3 days of use. So it comes with all the original packaging and accessories and im putting up as a MACNN SPECIAL first before it hits ebay for $1200 Shipped. Price is negotiable so feel fre to PM me offers. Low ballers will be ignored. If i cant sell it by tomorrow afternoon it hits ebay.
( Last edited by dannyar; Jan 9, 2008 at 04:59 PM. )

silver
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 9, 2008, 04:58 PM

I don't think you can even get close to that asking price.

G5 Dual 2.0 go for about $850 used- What make your 1.8 worth more than a 2.0?
 MBP 17" 2.16ghz, ATI x1600 256, 100GBHD, 2GB ram, 23"AppleLCD

dannyar  (op)
Baninated
Jan 9, 2008, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by silver View Post
I don't think you can even get close to that asking price.

G5 Dual 2.0 go for about $850 used- What make your 1.8 worth more than a 2.0?
Price updated, I have yet to see one actually sell for 850 used. Ebay has them for a bit more than what im asking. Price is negotiable.

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 9, 2008, 05:06 PM

So, how's this a MacNN Member Special?

Like the $350 12" Powerbook the other day.

Now, that was a MacNN member Special.

Not to crap your thread, but I don't get it when someone comes on here and says they can get more for it on ebay. If you can get more- than put it on ebay!

silver
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 9, 2008, 05:07 PM

Thanks for the price update.

Actually I sold My G5 dual 2.0 for $950 almost same package as yours but with 4gigs, ATI 9800 256ram, 2 Hard Drives stock 160 and a Raptor 75. No Applecare though.

Oh well good luck.

dannyar  (op)
Baninated
Jan 9, 2008, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by silver View Post
Thanks for the price update.

Actually I sold My G5 dual 2.0 for $950 almost same package as yours but with 4gigs, ATI 9800 256ram, 2 Hard Drives stock 160 and a Raptor 75. No Applecare though.

Oh well good luck.
Mine isnt standard config thats prob why its worth more. Mine has the 250 SATA instead of the stock 80GB, also the Nvidia 6600 256mb instead of the standard ATI, and Apple care.

dannyar  (op)
Baninated
Jan 9, 2008, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by chippervw View Post
So, how's this a MacNN Member Special?

Like the $350 12" Powerbook the other day.

Now, that was a MacNN member Special.

Not to crap your thread, but I don't get it when someone comes on here and says they can get more for it on ebay. If you can get more- than put it on ebay!

Its a special because with everything that my model comes with its worth quite a bit more than what im selling it for. The apple care alone for 2 more years is a great deal,let alone this model is beefed up beyond the standard config.

silver
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 9, 2008, 05:27 PM

Um mine wasn't standard config as well. Standard ATI 9800 was with 128ram not 256 like I had, also the 75gig raptor is very much not standard as it's the fastest SATA drive available. Not to mention I put 4 gigs ram as opposed to the standard 512mb.

Hey there's a guy here trying to sell his Dual 2.7 for $1500. So how can a 1.8 be worth $1200. Since you posted to that same thread, I have the feeling you where trying to pull a fast one to get the 2.7.

I'm also sorry for crapping on your thread but a little reality check is in order.
( Last edited by silver; Jan 9, 2008 at 05:46 PM. )

davedecay
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 9, 2008, 05:44 PM

The dual 1.8 was discontinued in 2005.
Apple Power Macintosh G5 1.8 DP (PCI) Specs (June 2004 - M9454LL/A) @ EveryMac.com

Applecare thru 2010? When was this purchased, in 2007?

Chito
Senior User
Jan 9, 2008, 06:11 PM

According to Apple the 1.8 was discontinued in 2004 and when it was in production it only supported 4 gb of ram .....this is one special G5.
dannyar, please provide us with a model number. Thanx
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 9, 2008, 06:25 PM

Oh wait. This is the 1.85

dannyar  (op)
Baninated
Jan 9, 2008, 07:30 PM

Sorry for all the confusion everyone. I had the wrong model all along. I just pulled these specs from my models box. Remember, i purchased this a while back for my wife and have no way of remembering what is was.

Apple Power Mac G5 Quad Computer Features:
•Two dual-core 2.5GHz PowerPC G5 processors
•Frontside bus 1.25GHz per processor
•512MB of 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-4200); supports up to 16GB
•NVIDIA GeForce 6600 with 256MB of GDDR SDRAM, one single-link DVI port, and one dual-link DVI port
•250GB Serial ATA hard drive; 7200 rpm
•16x SuperDrive with double-layer support (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
•Three open PCI Express expansion slots: two four-lane slots and one eight-lane slot
•One FireWire 800 port, two FireWire 400 ports (one on front)
•Four USB 2.0 ports (one on front), two USB 1.1 ports (on keyboard)
•Optical digital audio I/O
•Analog line-level I/O, front headphone minijack and speaker
•Dual 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabite) Ethernet ports
•Includes Mac OS X Leopard, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat AV, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime
•iLife bundle (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie HD, iDVD, and GarageBand)
•iCal, DVD Player, Classic environment, Art Directors Toolkit X, FileMaker Pro Trial, GraphicConverter, Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive, OmniGraffle, OmniOutliner, QuickBooks New User Edition, Zinio Reader, Xcode Development Tools

dannyar  (op)
Baninated
Jan 9, 2008, 07:32 PM

Here are some pictures. Apple cinema Display was sold seperatly.

bballe336
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 9, 2008, 09:46 PM

So this is a quad 2.5?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jan 9, 2008, 10:28 PM

Well if it's a Quad, that's a better price, but still, it's not upgraded at all.

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 9, 2008, 10:32 PM

Wow, does anyone else smell a scam cooking in the MacNN kitchen?
8GB iPhone
Coming Soon: Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

dannyar  (op)
Baninated
Jan 9, 2008, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by stwain2003 View Post
Im not a scammer so dont crap on my thread.Im 100% ebay feedback and paypal verified and dont appreciate you coming in here making false accusations. Im not very familiar with this computer at all, it was packed away and unused for a long time by my ex wife. She told me she didnt want it in her house anymore and told me to take it. I have no need for it so i had to do some research on its specifications to find out what i had on my hands.

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 9, 2008, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by stwain2003 View Post
I was surprised no one said this sooner, but I don't think it's a scam.

So, is this one of those situations where the Ex gets half of everything?

If so, I'd be happy to help you out by taking off your hands for $100
( Last edited by chippervw; Jan 9, 2008 at 11:10 PM. )

Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2008, 11:55 PM

I'll see your one hundred and raise you $50.

jmsearcy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 09:32 AM

This is awfully familiar to a thread over at mac-forums.com...............I was interested in it, but I am a bit curious, 2 different users, on different forums with the same pics, and mistakes in the details......

FS: Power Mac G5 - Mac-Forums.com

dannyar  (op)
Baninated
Jan 10, 2008, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by jmsearcy View Post
This is awfully familiar to a thread over at mac-forums.com...............I was interested in it, but I am a bit curious, 2 different users, on different forums with the same pics, and mistakes in the details......

FS: Power Mac G5 - Mac-Forums.com

SOLD! Wow that link to that forum is intresting, i had a deal in place with that user on the macrumors.com forums a while back, and those pictures shes using are the same exact pictures that i sent her when she requested pictures. Doesnt matter what anyone beleives here anymore its been sold. Why would i go out of my way to scam someone on a forum when i could have easily put it up on ebay, got more money, and scammed someone there. I have 100% feeback on ebay and no need to be scamming anyone. Thanks anyways for those who PM me with offers.

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 10, 2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by dannyar View Post
SOLD! Wow that link to that forum is intresting, i had a deal in place with that user on the macrumors.com forums a while back, and those pictures shes using are the same exact pictures that i sent her when she requested pictures. Doesnt matter what anyone beleives here anymore its been sold. Why would i go out of my way to scam someone on a forum when i could have easily put it up on ebay, got more money, and scammed someone there. I have 100% feeback on ebay and no need to be scamming anyone. Thanks anyways for those who PM me with offers.
So, who's telling the truth?

Just curious- how much did you get for it?

dannyar  (op)
Baninated
Jan 10, 2008, 10:32 AM

So, who's telling the truth?

Just curious- how much did you get for it?
Well its up to you to decide whos telling the truth. I really couldnt care less. I have it in my possesion and ive just sold it. I was able to get $1180 shipped.

jmsearcy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 10:54 AM

Just wondering why the pics were linked back to someone else's photobucket account, who happens to be a registered user on another forum?????

dannyar  (op)
Baninated
Jan 10, 2008, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by jmsearcy View Post
Just wondering why the pics were linked back to someone else's photobucket account, who happens to be a registered user on another forum?????
Like I said, I emailed them to her a while back when she requested them while i was working on a deal with her. What she did with the pictures after that is out of my hands. Im done with trying to convince members here of my intentions. Its been sold. Let it go.

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 10, 2008, 11:34 AM

Let's keep this thread alive!
It's fun.

dannyar- I know you "couldn't care less" now, but I think we are just skeptical because you haven't really explained some of the questionable things like- AppleCare for 5 years, identical pictures to another user on another forum, and not to mention your lack of history on either forum.

Glad you got some money for your ex's computer. If you end up getting a fake cashier's check from Nigeria- my $100 offer still stands.

dannyar  (op)
Baninated
Jan 10, 2008, 11:46 AM

Let's keep this thread alive!
It's fun.

dannyar- I know you "couldn't care less" now, but I think we are just skeptical because you haven't really explained some of the questionable things like- AppleCare for 5 years, identical pictures to another user on another forum, and not to mention your lack of history on either forum.

Glad you got some money for your ex's computer. If you end up getting a fake cashier's check from Nigeria- my $100 offer still stands.
You really like to be smart ass, so Ill make sure to report your spamming of my thread once i answer your questions. Apple care was in the box with the Mac, it said 2 years of apple care so i assumed not knowing much about the system that it had 2 more years of coverage. Shoot me for not being a mac expert.The pictures i already explained i had a pending deal with that girl months ago, i emailed her the pictures and she seems to be trying to scam people,like she initially tried to scam me out of my system. Its been Sold yet you carry on with your BS. Get on with your life.

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 10, 2008, 11:50 AM

You really like to be smart ass, so Ill make sure to report your spamming of my thread once i answer your questions. Apple care was in the box with the Mac, it said 2 years of apple care so i assumed not knowing much about the system that it had 2 more years of coverage. Shoot me for not being a mac expert.The pictures i already explained i had a pending deal with that girl months ago, i emailed her the pictures and she seems to be trying to scam people,like she initially tried to scam me out of my system. Its been Sold yet you carry on with your BS. Get on with your life.
You should have taken advantage of all of this interest and free BUMPS.

Best of luck to you. Thanks for reporting my post.

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 12:47 PM

Whose Telling The Truth?! I Am!

Im The Seller Of These Items And Yes I Have It Listed On Mac -forums. I Never Even Heard Of This Site Until I Woke Up And Saw Someone Talkn Crap In My Thread Over There So I Follow The Link I And See This.

I Joined To Clear This And My Name. I Have Proof That These Pictures Are Mine! Ask Him To Provide You Pix Of Him And His Username (i Have He Doesnt)

I'll Do You One Better, He Sent Me A Pm Thru Mac Rumor Yesterday Claiming To Be Interested In Buying My G5 Then We Started Emailing Back And Forth...he Asked Numerous Questions Etc And I Provided Him With Everything He Requested. Only For Him To Steal The Information I Gave Him!!!!

Why Did The G5 Mysteriously Become Sold As Soon As Someone Questioned The Validity?? Guess What??? You're Question My Validity Now And My G5 Is Still For Sale And Im Clearing My Name. I Would Like A Mod To Contact Me So I Can Prove The Private Messages And Emails From Him To Me So My Name Can Be Cleared!
( Last edited by msjoymarie; Jan 10, 2008 at 01:33 PM. )

CTSxViper
Jan 10, 2008, 01:08 PM

Well what is even stranger is if I recall msjoymarie initially had her G5 listed as a Quad, and then changed it to a dual G5 as I recall this being questioned at notebookreview.com in her thread.. So I don't know. But if msjoymarie takes care of this with a mod, and welcomes this, then kudos to her for clearing this up..

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 01:13 PM

and yes i had that spec wrong and that was an honest mistake...as soon as it was noted i corrected and followed up. i did not run away because someone was questioning me...@ this point im awaiting a mod to contact me (first time ever on this site so i dont kno who is a mod here or else id contact first and provide them with all the evidence necessary)

i just wantt my name cleared people!

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 10, 2008, 01:14 PM

Ok. This is all fake. But funny.

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 01:16 PM

another point, i have more detailed pix of the g5 with my username next to it on a piece of paper!!!! wonder why he didnt steal those pix??? hmmmm because he is not MSJOYMARIE and he does NOT HAVE POSSESSION of this unit!!!!

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 01:18 PM

chippervw -

its not fake. what about this do you find fake or funny? if it happend to you im quite sure you wouldnt be laughing. unlike dannyar would you like for me to send you proof personally that everything that im saying is the truth. im more than willing!

CTSxViper
Jan 10, 2008, 01:27 PM

How is you both link to the same photobucket address.. If you sent him the pics, you're saying you sent the link to him and he used the same link????

CTSxViper
Jan 10, 2008, 01:29 PM

Well I'm done.. It's up to the mods.. But caution should be exercised and this should be well looked into..

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 01:32 PM

dude, he obviously copied and pasted the photobuck link i had...its not that hard...my account on photobucket is lildimples16....which is also my hotmail email address...send me an email tehre and ill respond and no its not a new hotmail account...i had this account for over 5 yrs

Chito
Senior User
Jan 10, 2008, 01:41 PM

Wasn't there talk sometime back about not allowing new members to start a thread in the Marketplace until they had X number of posts? Most of these scam listings would be avoided if you had to have been a member for a certian number of posts....I think.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 02:01 PM

tired of double typing...

just read last page of thread here

FS: Power Mac G5 - Page 4 - Mac-Forums.com

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 02:18 PM

MORE PROOF:

DannyAR just emailed me this:

from Danny <[email protected]>
to mSjOyMaRiE <[email protected]>,
date Jan 10, 2008 10:16 AM
subject Re: G5
mailed-by gmail.com
signed-by gmail.com

hide details 10:16 AM (1 minute ago)

Hi, sorry I didn't respond sooner. You have probably seen me posting
this item for sale on forums. I just wanna clear up that my intention
was basically trying to get a feel for what I could sell it for once
we completed our sale. My intention was not to scam anyone but merely
selling it as I already intended to purchase from you so I got a head
start on listing it. Then everyone caught on to your post and confused
everyone. From the reaction I was getting the market for this system
they are saying is 650-750.after doing some research I indeed found
the same system on ebay for 638 which I have purchased.thanks for the
communication.

Sent from Danny's iPhone

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 02:19 PM

this guy is a liar and his IP should be banned.

Chito
Senior User
Jan 10, 2008, 02:23 PM

I think this dannyar should land himself on the shady trader list.
This thread has been fun though!

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 02:26 PM

he only sent me this email AFTER i sent him a rather nasty PM on mac-forums

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 02:31 PM

edit....
( Last edited by msjoymarie; Jan 10, 2008 at 03:22 PM. )

dannyar  (op)
Baninated
Jan 10, 2008, 02:35 PM

Your all idiots and obviously have no lives to be sitting on a forum throughout the day in the middle of the week playing sherlock holmes. Its very simple as stated in the message i sent her above. She wanted to sell it to me for $800. My intention on buying it was only to turn around and resell it for a bit more to make a profit. How do i find the value? well i posted the item FOR SALE as if it was already owned by me to get a head start so when I DO PURCHASE AND RECIEVE it from her its already been sold and theres less relapse between me purchasing and then selling it. So whats the crime? that i posted something for sale that i was planning on buying already? Screw you all, i was not about to wait till i recieved it to list it for sale. Ill get the head start sell it as if i had it already then i can pay for the actual item with your money and keep the profit.

Scam you call it? NO! i call it knowing how to do business. If your all just to pissed that you didnt think of it, thats probably why you are all sitting at your computer on a forum all day.

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 02:48 PM

oh shut up whoever you are!!!! you've caused me more frustation in the past couple hrs than ive ever dealt with in a long time! nobody is buying your stupid ass story! headstart my ass! if that were the case why did you claim it was 'sold' once someone questioned you about it? ?????????

dannyar  (op)
Baninated
Jan 10, 2008, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by msjoymarie View Post
oh shut up whoever you are!!!! you've caused me more frustation in the past couple hrs than ive ever dealt with in a long time! nobody is buying your stupid ass story! headstart my ass! if that were the case why did you claim it was 'sold' once someone questioned you about it? ?????????
Cuz i already sold the one i purchased on ebay, thanks.

CTSxViper
Jan 10, 2008, 02:58 PM

Your all idiots and obviously have no lives to be sitting on a forum throughout the day in the middle of the week playing sherlock holmes. Its very simple as stated in the message i sent her above. She wanted to sell it to me for $800. My intention on buying it was only to turn around and resell it for a bit more to make a profit. How do i find the value? well i posted the item FOR SALE as if it was already owned by me to get a head start so when I DO PURCHASE AND RECIEVE it from her its already been sold and theres less relapse between me purchasing and then selling it. So whats the crime? that i posted something for sale that i was planning on buying already? Screw you all, i was not about to wait till i recieved it to list it for sale. Ill get the head start sell it as if i had it already then i can pay for the actual item with your money and keep the profit.

Scam you call it? NO! i call it knowing how to do business. If your all just to pissed that you didnt think of it, thats probably why you are all sitting at your computer on a forum all day.
You're a card pal.. You post something you don't even have in your possession, make up a story about your ex-wife having this and leaving it for you, and then post someone else's pictures and you have the nerve to call us idiots. Amazing, simply amazing.. Let me sum it up for you. What you did, if it is even true is "Unethical" and you should be avoided by all. It's called Forum Selling and Trading ethics. Buyers and Traders beware..
( Last edited by CTSxViper; Jan 10, 2008 at 03:08 PM. )

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 10, 2008, 03:08 PM

Disappointed.

dannyar  (op)
Baninated
Jan 10, 2008, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Disappointed.
tell me how what I did is any different from a seller on ebay selling something with generic picture of that product?how do I know he actually has that product.its just like how I do business on ebay. I have sources as to where I get alot of my electronics I sell on ebay so what do I do? I list them to make sure it will sell then I contact my dealer and purchase it with the funds I recieve from the sale once the product is sold.its smart business.why would I buy something to then not be able to sell it and have to eat the product. Thats how business gets done.you all need to grow up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules